Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2497

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It looks sick
    I think so too. Pivots finally don’t look like a gangly 14 yr old boy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654870487.118859.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	418530

Finally got a decent photo of last year's Orbea Occam with new carbon wheels from Light Bicycles. Colorway is oil slick, and they turned out better than I expected, plus the bike rides like a dream: smooooth on the descents and light and tight for climbing.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

^^^ you and I are on a very similar setup and I'd have to agree, that bike is just too much fun.

Last ride in France I went OTB going through a nasty rock garden and managed to smash my chain guide and my dropped remote. Fortunately I have a replacement bushing for the remote so I could get it back up and running on the trail but now I'm going back and forth with both Absolute Black and WolfTooth to get some parts for the broken stuff, so fun...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    ^^^ you and I are on a very similar setup and I'd have to agree, that bike is just too much fun.

Last ride in France I went OTB going through a nasty rock garden and managed to smash my chain guide and my dropped remote. Fortunately I have a replacement bushing for the remote so I could get it back up and running on the trail but now I'm going back and forth with both Absolute Black and WolfTooth to get some parts for the broken stuff, so fun...
    I seem to recall a conversation along this line from last summer- even more fun with carbon wheels! Did you ever replace/ upgrade your occam derailleur hanger? That's the part I cracked up in east jesus Montana. https://northshorebillet.com/product...ailleur-hanger

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Oneup bashguard. I have the 30T on a 30T round. Going to an oval do I have to upsize to a 32T? Want to do this in one job
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Oneup bashguard. I have the 30T on a 30T round. Going to an oval do I have to upsize to a 32T? Want to do this in one job
    It comes with 3 different sizes of bash plates, that you swap depending on chainring size.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    It comes with 3 different sizes of bash plates, that you swap depending on chainring size.
    Yup. And if you lost your other sizes, you can buy all three for $20
    https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...bash-plate-kit

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I seem to recall a conversation along this line from last summer- even more fun with carbon wheels! Did you ever replace/ upgrade your occam derailleur hanger? That's the part I cracked up in east jesus Montana. https://northshorebillet.com/product...ailleur-hanger
    Yeah NSB finally re-stocked the derailleur hangers and I snagged on. I recently bent it an impressive amount and had to swap to finish the trip. Remounted it when I got home, straightened it up, and it's still going strong.
    I recently increase my shock stroke from 50 to 55 mm on the Occam, bumping the travel to 150ish in the back. With 150 in the front it's a dangerously capable bike that still pedals really really well.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just got some Bonti Line Elite(?) carbon wheels with the 108 point engagement. Brand new for insanely cheap because reasons. (Take offs from the shop owner's bike. I'm their IT guy. But they are closing :'( )
    Not much of a weight drop over Flows, but I'm guessing much better ride quality. Also, the tires look a little rounder even though the IW is listed as the same and the calipers, I think, measured the same. Could be in my head, but the e13's were a bit square.
    Also, all that time on the bike, the tires were still a bitch to move. That e13 bead is tight af.
    Anyone in the Missoula area want some used Flows in more or less perfect shape? Boost, 6 bolt, Microspline.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

SLX 12 shifter asploded at the beginning of a ride this week. Was stuck in low gear (big cog/highest tension) and wouldn’t click up. Flushed it with WD40 then put it in my ultrasonic cleaner with some degreaser. Still won’t click out of low gear. The upshifter lever just flops.

So I gave up and have an XT shifter on the way. I run 11-speed but the prices aren’t much different and I don’t mind a dead click on one end. When my cassette dies I’ll go full 12 speed.

Side note: only having your lowest gear is a great way to practice maintaining speed and flow.

New remote for the dropper post. Crazy good. $17 delivered from AliExpress

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    New remote for the dropper post. Crazy good. $17 delivered from AliExpress

These are excellent. I've been using one for about 1.5 years, in place of the stupidly designed Kind Shock one that came with the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I just replaced my brake pads with MTX Red Label pads. Holy shit. I'm blown away at how much different/better the feel is over the stock pads. I'm seriously in love with the feel of these things. Plus they're red!

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I just replaced my brake pads with MTX Red Label pads. Holy shit. I'm blown away at how much different/better the feel is over the stock pads. I'm seriously in love with the feel of these things. Plus they're red!
    Love the reds on my XT brakes. Eventually switched to yellow in the back for more power and durability.

They look great, I'm going to order new remote

Got a link for that remote? I could use it now that my hardtail is a 1x.
    Only thing is, with the KS Lev, it seems like the cable goes the other way compared to a Loam (or its knockoff). Just snip the end off the shifter cable?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Got a link for that remote? I could use it now that my hardtail is a 1x.
    Only thing is, with the KS Lev, it seems like the cable goes the other way compared to a Loam (or its knockoff). Just snip the end off the shifter cable?
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/225183...site4itemAdapt

It's a Wolf Tooth copy. I'm using it with a KS Lev Integra, and just snipped off the cable end.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^ what he said

My link is to a slightly different store and a whole dollar more expensive! AliExpress is silly that way. Check for shipping prices and estimated delivery date. Mine took 3 weeks.

And it came with new cable which was nice cause the old cable was frayed.

The trans-x feels way better with the new lever.

US $14.90 50% Off | ZTTO MTB Dropper Seat post Lever Bicycle Height Adjustable Seatpost Remote Controller Shifter Style for Suspension Seatpost
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP02TsA

Thanks for the link/suggestion. I just bought a rear shock shut off switch and it looks awesome from ZTTO. I had a good experience with ali-express shipping me a lefty fork truing device.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

-Marzocchi Bomber Coil for the big bike
    -Octamousse for all the bikes, I'm sold on these damn pool noodles
    -Rock Razor for the back of the big bike because summer and screw Maxxis's damn bead failures
    -Deftrap pedal spindle because of course I managed to bend my spindle on my first ride on the new hardtail
    -Kona Honzo ST because I had all the parts sitting around anyway
    -Wolf Tooth -2 headset because it's 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    My LBS started using MTX pads as their go-to. They put reds in the lady’s Ripmo and golds in mine. I’ve been impressed with the performance and longevity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1655935382.330655.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	419612

Repurposed my 2012 Nimble9 into a mtb gravel frankenbike. Lots of new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    -Marzocchi Bomber Coil for the big bike
    -Octamousse for all the bikes, I'm sold on these damn pool noodles
    -Rock Razor for the back of the big bike because summer and screw Maxxis's damn bead failures
    -Deftrap pedal spindle because of course I managed to bend my spindle on my first ride on the new hardtail
    -Kona Honzo ST because I had all the parts sitting around anyway
    -Wolf Tooth -2 headset because it's 2022
    Tell me more about this Octamousse?? Pool noodle curious…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New Float X. Psyched two full liter water bottles still fit. (I use that black one for a vest, snacks, small shock pump, water filter, etc)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220711_221530276_copy_1600x1205.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	421281
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    New Float X. Psyched two full liter water bottles still fit. (I use that black one for a vest, snacks, small shock pump, water filter, etc)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220711_221530276_copy_1600x1205.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	421281
    RM Instinct?

Anything special when buying a new shock for a bike? I know some factory shocks have tunes specific to the bike so I've always been hesitant.