Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Buddy of mine just weighed his Transition Patrol at 40#.
    XL, coil, DH tires, CushCore

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Buddy of mine just weighed his Transition Patrol at 40#.
    XL, coil, DH tires, CushCore

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I know people say bike weight doesnt matter but that's a lot of bike!

I haven't weighed my sentinel but it is for sure 35ish with alloy everything and a burly rear tire. I figure I am north of 200 and can lug around an extra couple pounds of bike weight to be able to plow over everything. It does feel quite a bit quicker with the trail boss/DHF tires replacing the Hans Damf/ Magic mary

My Stache hardtail is 27.5#. My Hightower is just over 30#. I'm becoming a wuss. I mainly choose the Stache because the weight is so much more noticeable on the climbs (where I'm spending the majority of my time). I was trying to figure out last night where to lose 2# on the HT but I'm coming up short. :-/ First world problems...

carbon cranks.... spendy but you can shed real weight at no performance loss... until they break...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Switching my RSD Middle Child from 27.5+ mode to 29er. Swapped Cane Creek Helm Air 27.5 for Fox 36 GRIP2 29, both set at 160mm, but might drop to 150mm. Wheels were Ibis 738 with Rekon 2.8 and now Race Face Turbine R 29 with Schwalbe Nobby Nic/Hans Dampf 29x2.6.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    carbon cranks.... spendy but you can shed real weight at no performance loss... until they break...
    I have SixC carbon cranks on there I got from Toast and carbon wheels I got from smmokkan. Carbon bars too. :-/ I'm coming to grips with the fact that I probably just need to get stronger. :-)

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Intense T275 Carbon size large. Carbon cranks, carbon bars, Chinese carbon wheels on DT350s. XX1 11speed, 1000g tires and I can get it below 28#

Racing Ralphs, get rid of the dropper, and drillium!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I keep thinking that I should be able to get down to 28# also. General build is:

Hightower "C" size L
    SixC cranks
    Reynolds TR309 wheels
    e*thirteen 9-46 cassette
    DHF/Aggressor 2.5 (probably overkill)
    Carbon bars
    Carbon Lev dropper
    Manitou Mattoc
    DPS rear shock (not a piggy)
    XT shifter and RD

My wife's Tallboy 1 with similar parts is coming in at 29#, so maybe my Amazon luggage scale is off?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Didn’t have to pay for them, but I did design them. As part of my engineering masters program this spring we partnered with a company called Impossible Objects, they’re pioneering carbon fiber composite 3D printing. These are a carbon fiber and PEEK composite material - should hopefully be pretty indestructible (PEEK is a plastic that’s super high strength, used to replace metal in a lot of engineering applications).

Flat pedals, concave side to side and front to back. About 18mm thick, Should be sub 400g. I’ll post some installed pictures once I get them and install the spikes and axle and put them on the bike. Fun project

https://www.impossible-objects.com

Name:  IMG_6096.JPG
Views: 3594
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6097.JPG
Views: 3527
Size:  39.0 KB

That is so rad.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I just got new wheel bearings front and rear. It made SUCH a difference. Bike is rolling so much smoother. It’s one of those things that wears out gradually and slowly so you don’t really notice until you replace them. Huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post
    I just got new wheel bearings front and rear. It made SUCH a difference. Bike is rolling so much smoother. It’s one of those things that wears out gradually and slowly so you don’t really notice until you replace them. Huge difference.
    Still rollin those Derbys? Those bearings put in some solid service!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Man, all a Krampus needs is a dropper, and a wider/less weird handlebar. Definitely see how hard you can push it rigid before you throw a suspension fork on it. I've ridden a rigid Krampus a bunch, and owned a 29+ bike with a suspension fork, and the rigid Krampus had way better ride quality all the time.

Such a fun bike, wish I could justify one!
    I'll second the "try it, before you fork it" recommendation. It's such a fun bike.

Ha ha yup same ones with the original bearings. Sure got my moneyÂ’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone View Post

Ha ha yup same ones with the original bearings. Sure got my moneyÂ’s worth.
    Nice! Glad to hear it!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Flat pedals, concave side to side and front to back. About 18mm thick, Should be sub 400g. I’ll post some installed pictures once I get them and install the spikes and axle and put them on the bike. Fun project
    That's really cool. What are you using for spindles? Just pulling apart someone else's pedal?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    picking this Surly Krampus up next week at state college (freeze/thaw cycles) - was on the fence with this and their karate monkey but figured I wanted something a bit different so I went with the 29+......a rock shox yari could be added down the road; for now, having them install a fox transfer dropper post.

Attachment 332603
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5617.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	333580

Meet my purple dinosaur- 29+ is sooo fun! I use mine as a 1 bike quiver.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Finally out of the stone age with a new whip. Haven't had a new MTB in about 9 years. Was sold on another Pivot but checked out a local company instead and couldn't say no. Revel Rascal in almost Dentist level build.
    Name:  IMG_2435.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  157.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2433.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  156.0 KB

Post-script: I broke my new carbon front wheel second day out. Lost traction just before a creek gap, I cleared the gap, but my bike didn't. Broken spoke and rim sidewall damage. Happened Sunday, pics submitted Monday afternoon, new wheel shipped out Wednesday morning. They want me to send the old wheel back, but nice to get the new one on the way so fast.

Bontrager apparently is releasing an updated Line Pro 30, which they are sending me. Pretty sweet. I think the first gen (which I broke) had some durability issues. Perhaps proving the adage of light, cheap, strong...choose two...

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Just mounted up my first pair of carbon hoops, Bontrager Line Pro 30s.

New rubber too. Trying the dual compound DHR2 in back, standard DHF up front.

STOKED

Oh, and I've got a set of Stan's Flow MK3 with DHF/DHR2 coming to market soon

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Not mine. Just built it up for a customer.
    Not a dentist ,just a chemist at the worlds leading nuclear weapons facility.
    Ripmo, full XTR, CK/SC Reserve wheels, and Renthal cockpit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1517.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	334026
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Didn’t have to pay for them, but I did design them. As part of my engineering masters program this spring we partnered with a company called Impossible Objects, they’re pioneering carbon fiber composite 3D printing. These are a carbon fiber and PEEK composite material - should hopefully be pretty indestructible (PEEK is a plastic that’s super high strength, used to replace metal in a lot of engineering applications).

https://www.impossible-objects.com

Name:  IMG_6096.JPG
Views: 3594
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6097.JPG
Views: 3527
Size:  39.0 KB
    Sick. Let us know when we buy some!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    That's really cool. What are you using for spindles? Just pulling apart someone else's pedal?
    Yeah, designed around the fooker (race face Chester copies) pedals’ axles from amazon. Pedals are cheap, and the axles use a solid 3 bearing setup which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I'll second the "try it, before you fork it" recommendation. It's such a fun bike.

Picking up mine tomorrow...only decision left is traditional xt clipless pedals which I always had....or with small platform added like you have