Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Just arrived from Merlin!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	331941

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I’m resisting a new 12-speed gruppo for my 11-sp SLX bike. No reason other than I wanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’m resisting a new 12-speed gruppo for my 11-sp SLX bike. No reason other than I wanna.
    Sounds like an excellent reason to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Just arrived from Merlin!

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	331941

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Dude .... nice

New whip...

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	331960
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    New whip...

Get ready to always have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Why resist?
    I'm upgrading drivetrain to GX 12sp from SLX 11sp.
    I've always been a shimano fanboi but an upgrade to XT would have required purchase of a microspline hub (another $100) as well.

Don’t you have to replace the hub for GX as well?

So... anyone have any very gently used 11-spd Shimano group set they wanna sell? (like, less than a season use)

I've been looking around casually for a shifter / rear derailleur / cassette / chain for Mrs C, who is currently using a 1x10 setup. Seeing mini groups on ebay for around $160.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Don’t you have to replace the hub for GX as well?
    Shop told me eagle cassette is compatible with my existing 11sp hub

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    So... anyone have any very gently used 11-spd Shimano group set they wanna sell? (like, less than a season use)

I've been looking around casually for a shifter / rear derailleur / cassette / chain for Mrs C, who is currently using a 1x10 setup. Seeing mini groups on ebay for around $160.
    11sp SLX? Bike is on it’s 2nd full season, probably 20 hrs on the chain. Crankset available too. Can send pics when upgrade complete next week

Put on new tires, same as my old ones (DHF/Agressor) but forgot how nice it was to have new rubber.

New whip...

Nice!

Where have you been riding?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Nice!

Where have you been riding?
    Just up here in SMV, it's hard to go anywhere else when there's so much is right out the back door. This is the first brand new bike I've gotten since my oldest was born, and she just turned 9, so suffice it to say I'll be wearing this stupid shit-eating grin all summer probably. This bike is just too much fun!
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I bought some weird tires to go with the carbon hoops a maggot just sold me.

Name:  253299.jpg
Views: 3420
Size:  45.4 KB

Brought home some roadie stuff. Started raining and I didn't want to get it grimey though.

Name:	IMG_20200620_174334662_HDR.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	332161

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Brought home some roadie stuff. Started raining and I didn't want to get it grimey though.

Let me know how you like that saddle, was thinking about trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New whip...

Nice, I got the same bike last summer and after 1000 miles I'm still consistently surprised at how fun it is to bomb a short travel bike at high speed through rock gardens.

I’m curious what’s in the S-Phyre box? I bought a really nice S-Phyre one piece “skin suit” last week. I’m super impressed with the quality of their products. I wish their shoe line fit me.

The fancy blue road shoes

Name:	IMG_20200620_174406499_HDR.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	332245

I was a little concerned about how they'd fit. Couple years ago I was shopping for mtb shoes and did not like the XC7s at all, but they changed their lasts. We have the current rc7s and xc7s at the shop and I liked how the xc7s fit when I tried them on. RC7s were tight across the toes which is strange because they're all supposed to fit the same. These 9s are more like the xc7 fit, and fairly close to my sidis. I'd say a touch longer, about the same volume. More arch support, and includes an extra "high arch" insert.

Interesting thing is while they fit fairly similar to my sidis (I have genius 5s and dominator 7s), it's very different when you get up and stand on it. It's like your whole foot is supported and transferring power, not just the ball. Not sure if that is due to the stiffness, or added support, or "reduced toe spring" or what. But I like it. Pretty happy after my first ride on them and the new saddle today. Might change the cleat positions a bit but where I put them was pretty close to what I like. Interesting thing is that lined up with the centerline on the sole, it moves my foot in a lot closer than I had my other shoes. Got kind of a hot spot on the outside of one foot, going out a touch might possibly help that.
    Last edited by jamal; 06-21-2020 at 08:47 PM.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

I just picked up some Giro Empire SLX. I can’t believe how light they are. 175g each (for 42.5). I measured my old cleat placement, set the new cleats and did 15 minute Zwift ride to make a few adjustments.
    I moved my cleats 4mm further back from BOF. I did a 2 hour Zwift ride and they feel great. And took them for an outside yesterday for 3000’ climb.
    I really like the old school laces on the SLX. I have a super high volume instep, so I can tighten the lower laces and keep the upper section a bit more loose.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 06-22-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Jamal, have you tried the RX8s as well? I’m on XC7s now (2018), haven’t tried RCs but am going to gamble on the RX8s in the same size, hoping the toe box/forefoot is similar/same to the XCs.

Ultra first world problem: after my rant about working in the bike shop these hellish few months, the owner rewarded us with a full XX1 AXS grouppo (really changed my opinion of him after never discussing the Covid). In my mind I wanted and have already ordered a full XTR group (10-45). I don’t want SRAM and can get good dollar for it but convince me to do the ghetto XTR AXS build.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Interesting thing is while they fit fairly similar to my sidis (I have genius 5s and dominator 7s), it's very different when you get up and stand on it. It's like your whole foot is supported and transferring power, not just the ball. Not sure if that is due to the stiffness, or added support, or "reduced toe spring" or what. But I like it. Pretty happy after my first ride on them and the new saddle today. Might change the cleat positions a bit but where I put them was pretty close to what I like. Interesting thing is that lined up with the centerline on the sole, it moves my foot in a lot closer than I had my other shoes. Got kind of a hot spot on the outside of one foot, going out a touch might possibly help that.
    Isn’t it mostly due to the Dynalast (turned up or rockered toes of Shimano), i.e. the ‘gas pedal’?

My understanding of the new dynalast thing is that there is less rise or "toe spring" at the front/toes compared to other shoes.

Haven't tried the RX8 but it's a pretty nice looking shoe, and I would expect them to fit and feel about the same as these and the current xc7s, which I found to be much different than the previous version.

I'm just trying to keep the fleet afloat.
    Brake lever on trail bike needs to be swapped.
    Explodered RD from trail bike into rear wheel, blew up some spokes, wheel is now working but barely alive. Hoped to find a hub I could rebuild, but ended up buying a shitty Spank wheelset from Pros Closet that'll probably last a year or two before ending up shit canned.
    Bought cheap RD for said bike. Bought chain for said bike because that's how farked the explosion is.
    Ordered new derailleur hanger for said bike because apparently this weird two piece sandwich hanger design ala Special Ed is super easy to strip the threads out on.
    Scratched uppers on said bike on same day, 20 min later, so bought some nice fine grit sandpaper for that!
    Pedal rebuild kit for said bike is sitting on shelf, waiting for a day when I don't have 100 other things in front of the priority line.
    Bash guard for said bike (ie motor/battery cover) needs reinforced with more fiberglass epoxy. Because that's my main complaint about ebikes. Really? The fucking battery is your main impact spot?

Old DH bike needs new lever swapped on so that I can sell it cheap if DH season ever materializes. Put a new drivetrain on it right before DH bike demand was cancelled.

New (used) DH bike needs new banjo bolt/washer because previous owner is an idiot. Also needs new pads and rotor, because oil is bad.

Backup old trail bike which has been my only working bike for a couple weeks has the shittiest 3rd party pads imaginable. So in theory, it needs new pads/rotors. But that ain't happening unless I'm selling it or lending it to someone I care about!

Sorry, was this the bitching thread or the spending money thread? Same difference for me!
    However many are in a shit ton.

picking this Surly Krampus up next week at state college (freeze/thaw cycles) - was on the fence with this and their karate monkey but figured I wanted something a bit different so I went with the 29+......a rock shox yari could be added down the road; for now, having them install a fox transfer dropper post.

Name:	2020-Surly-Krampus-Tangled-Up-In-Blue.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	444.3 KB 
ID:	332603