Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    I'm pretty into carbon bars with esi grips. Have whiskys on the hardtail and raceface on the hei hei.

Anyhow I bought some shoes today because it's about all they have at shimano and the discount pro purchases reset at the end of the year. Thought about the fancy blue xc9s to match my road shoes but the rx8 "gravel" shoes were a lot less so I got those. Really solid case of I don't need this but might as well use my discount on something.

LBS is doing a 50% off suspension tuneups, so I said fuck it and instead of getting oil all over my apartment bathroom, I brought it in and let them do a full suspension refresh including bearings. I probably overworked both front and rear shocks, put in nearly 200k vert and over 1000 miles this year since the last suspension refresh.

Just finished installing the Wheels Mfg BB in my Diverge. The OEM pressfit was clunking. Not sure how long but it became real noticeable on the trainer.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Excited. First new whip since 2014!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Excited. First new whip since 2014!

Is that a new Banshee?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Is that a new Banshee?
    Yeah - Prime

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Heh. That pierced-downtube arrangement looks a lot like the OLD Trance/Reign frames...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611953372.568659.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	360364

I have a thing for cool bottles from cool shops. Randomly stumbled on Ham Cycles(Houston, TX) site and could not resist. Suitable replacements for the La Crow bottles from Crow’s Nest in Bend that finally got nasty after 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bought some Gravel wheels from Scribe. 25 mm internal. 1315 grams!

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post

Name:	Image1611953372.568659.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	360364

I have a thing for cool bottles from cool shops. Randomly stumbled on Ham Cycles(Houston, TX) site and could not resist. Suitable replacements for the La Crow bottles from Crow’s Nest in Bend that finally got nasty after 3 years.

Those are cool. I like buying bottles as well and the wife just hates it... have a whole cabinet full that always fall out when you open it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    Those are cool. I like buying bottles as well and the wife just hates it... have a whole cabinet full that always fall out when you open it.

Ha, glad to know I'm not the only one. I get asked multiple times a year "do you REALLY need to keep all of these bottles?"

Belated Xmas gift to myself:

Name:	PXL_20210210_163350007.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	362190

I went the chinese carbon route because I've never been on carbon hoops and figured I'd ease into it with an option that doesn't require selling a kidney. Those are made by BTLOS. Dealing with them was very straightforward, excellent communication, plenty of custom options outside of what's listed on the website. The only crux this year is availability, hub selection was way more limited than what they usually have on hand. I ordered the wheels January 4th, had some back and forth with them about out-of-stock items, production started Jan 14th or so, and the package came in yesterday with their slow shipping option.

The rims are 30mm ID with a shallow profile (18 mm vs 35 or so on my current DT wheels). Makes them look a lot wider than they actually are. I was toying with the idea of getting Hydra hubs but they barely had any stock on hand, only 32H purple with SRAM driver. I ended up with DT 350 hubs partly because of availability and partly because they're not super fancy but it's hard to find any complaints with them once you swap in a 54T ratchet. They only had the straightpull version in stock, I'll head over to the ask the experts thread to take my beating about that. Also, centerlock. DT Comp Race spokes, 28 holes, the front wheel comes in at 718 g and the back 826 g.
    The layup looks flawless, can't wait to see how they actually ride. I may even get new tires to celebrate the occasion instead of moving what's on my current wheels.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^^ Congrats on the BTLOS wheels. I am very happy with mine, and my GF is about to order some as well. She might also get the 30mm IW with 350s. Mine took 6 weeks last spring, FWIW.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

What did those cost you Boissal?

What did those cost you Boissal?
    $800 out the door. There usually are some solid discounts around Xmas and Chinese new year but this year they probably got hammered by COVID and none of the materialized so I ended up paying full price (there's always a 15% discount on the website). They offered some custom decal design for free but I'm not artistic enough to go that route.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    They offered some custom decal design for free but I'm not artistic enough to go that route.
    I would have designed a cool EVNE logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Rebranding the chinese carbon to some better known dentist brand crossed my mind. But, I'm not that vain, and I don't need to look like that one beater with the super fancy bike who can't pick his way down the moderate trail. Nobody expects much of me when they see me on the trail: unremarkable bike, unremarkable outfit, unremarkable riding.

The ticket would have been to design an intricate pattern of dings and cracks. Tempting fate and all...

$800 out the door. There usually are some solid discounts around Xmas and Chinese new year but this year they probably got hammered by COVID and none of the materialized so I ended up paying full price (there's always a 15% discount on the website). They offered some custom decal design for free but I'm not artistic enough to go that route.
    Pretty reasonable. I was playing around on their website and came up with ~650 for a cheaper build and was having a hard time believing that was for 2 wheels.

Rebranding the chinese carbon to some better known dentist brand crossed my mind. But, I'm not that vain, and I don't need to look like that one beater with the super fancy bike who can't pick his way down the moderate trail. Nobody expects much of me when they see me on the trail: unremarkable bike, unremarkable outfit, unremarkable riding.

The ticket would have been to design an intricate pattern of dings and cracks. Tempting fate and all...
    EVNE not ENVE
    See, you would have missed the ironic joke.

They look great. Is that the matte UD finish? Are they the enduro or all mountain rims? The website doesn't seem to provide much info between the two. I'm guessing just burlier build with a slight increase in weight. Then there is the standard or premium construction option for EN and AM as well.

Pretty reasonable. I was playing around on their website and came up with ~650 for a cheaper build and was having a hard time believing that was for 2 wheels.
    I think you can be right around $600 shipped if you stick to the default options and a 350 hub without ratchet upgrade (and non-boost hubs).

EVNE not ENVE
    See, you would have missed the ironic joke.
    WeAreTwo wheels? Industry8 wheels? I should have gone with a DTFrench sticker to honor the motherland.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    They look great. Is that the matte UD finish? Are they the enduro or all mountain rims? The website doesn't seem to provide much info between the two. I'm guessing just burlier build with a slight increase in weight. Then there is the standard or premium construction option for EN and AM as well.
    Yep, that's matte UD, the weave is impossible to see. I went with the AM option, my understanding is that EN has a thicker layup with more material. You can see it with the estimated weight. At 175 lbs I've never even dinged a rim so I didn't feel the need to go with the beefy option.
    The standard vs premium has to do with ratio of T700 vs T800 carbon with the bigger number being supposedly better (kinda like red paint for ski boots) and maybe a touch lighter.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with them!

Just FYI, I’ve got a set of carbon rims 34mm internal 28H Boost on 350 hubs that were hand built I’m trying to sell. I’d come in a ways under the BtLOS price.

You miss the warranty but get the hand-built bonus on J-bend hubs compared to the straight pull machine build BTLOS and LightBicycle offer.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Good luck with them!
    FYI mine are the 27mm IW shallow profile premium layup with 240s, and they came in at 1390g. I've had to true the rear a bit, but otherwise they're good. IIRC they were $1071 shipped. In retrospect I'd prob skip the upgrade to 240s.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Mounted up my Xmas Mezzer....stoked

BTW, Bontrager makes some decent carbon hoops that retailed for around $1200 (with good hubs too) if anyone is looking for a non-dentist carbon wheelset. Warranty program is excellent too as I have found out lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!