Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Itís also easy to text back too which was a nice surprise. We use it all the time
    My wife used up all my monthly free messages texting me back on a single trip, but she's happy, and I get to go, so it's still a win.

Seeing your pics here for awhile now, this was a great purchase.
    Got husband one a yr or so ago and itís been worth every penny for my peace of mind lol and didnít you just get hitched or engaged too?
    Itís also easy to text back too which was a nice surprise. We use it all the time
    Love the inreach mini. Mainly for texting checkins etc when out of cell range, which is common for me where I live. I just hope that people use them responsibly as they continue to grow in popularity.

Seeing your pics here for awhile now, this was a great purchase.
    Got husband one a yr or so ago and itís been worth every penny for my peace of mind lol and didnít you just get hitched or engaged too?
    Yeah, we got engaged in July. Who knows when things will be normal enough to feel comfortable getting people together though. Maybe 2022. You probably saw us at the JHMR snowduro last year. We were working it.

Iíve never felt like I needed a PLB or satellite messenger but I canít see a reason not to have one. Admittedly my fiancť was the driver here. I joke that sheís not quite a professional worrier but she could be an Olympic alternate. This will help her feel more comfortable when weíre out of cell coverage, and make the backcountry feel safer to her. Backcountry rides and tours arenít really her jam, but sheís dipping a toe in. And it will give her some peace of mind when Iím out of cell coverage. She had a bike ride end in a helicopter a few years ago so Iím not going to downplay her concern.

I read the REI guide to choosing a satellite messenger but it seems like thereís a strong consensus here on the InReach Mini. Easy peasy. I just signed up for the Safety plan- anyone feel like itís worth upgrading for more texts, etc.? My feeling is we bought it for the SOS, but I suppose I could see sending her an update on a ride outside of coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I’ve never felt like I needed a PLB or satellite messenger but I can’t see a reason not to have one.
    This. At some point you realize that it's a no brainer, especially if it doesn't put too much of a dent in your budget. I never carried one until my wife made me but once I started taking it with me it I realized how valuable it could be on a lot of occasions. If costs me a few $1000s total over the course of my outdoorsy life I'll consider it money very well spent.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    <snip> I just hope that people use them responsibly as they continue to grow in popularity.
    Have you MET people?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4448.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	346325
    Started hanging parts on a Rascal. Hopefully the drivetrain, post and brakes get here this week, just in time for some weather this weekend. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got my shakedown ride in Philís World yesterday. I cannot wait for high country missions next summer. Woweee

Name:	B111E96A-184C-44D9-8301-A3ECCE87D7DD.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	897.8 KB 
ID:	348474

^^ dead sexy

she weigh around 30#?

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Got my shakedown ride in Philís World yesterday. I cannot wait for high country missions next summer. Woweee

Name:	B111E96A-184C-44D9-8301-A3ECCE87D7DD.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	897.8 KB 
ID:	348474

Nice!!! Loving mine. 29lbs in XL with carbon wheels. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605999708.021718.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	349132