Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    2020 Switchblade PRO XTR.

Mostly stock at the moment but I added:
    Ridewrap (poorly)
    Shimano XT Crank with Wolftooth Boost spaced chainring
    Swapped on a 2.5 Aggressor in the rear

i9 wheels and stem on the way.
    Front has been switched to 2.5 Assegei EXO+. Rear is now a Dissector 2.6 EXO+.

Best upgrade so far has been Ergon GE1 Evo's.

(Still waiting on the i9 bling)

Grabbed a local barely used Evil Offering frame and swapped over the parts off my Following MB today. Between the extra travel and the coil shock, it feels like I'm floating on air. And no noticeable climbing impact (if anything more comfortable because I don't have to get on the nose of the saddle to weight my front tire).

Also swapped out my beat up Ergon G1s for some DMR Deathgrips. Only 1 ride on them but I'm a fan.Name:  20200808_193202.jpeg
Views: 856
Size:  129.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Grabbed a local barely used Evil Offering frame and swapped over the parts off my Following MB today. Between the extra travel and the coil shock, it feels like I'm floating on air. And no noticeable climbing impact (if anything more comfortable because I don't have to get on the nose of the saddle to weight my front tire).

Also swapped out my beat up Ergon G1s for some DMR Deathgrips. Only 1 ride on them but I'm a fan.Name:  20200808_193202.jpeg
Views: 856
Size:  129.4 KB
    Nice, I thought that was a good deal. Glad it went to a mag!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0976.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	955.6 KB 
ID:	336831

Stipples

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    First ride on the new hei hei yesterday

Attachment 336549

Seems pretty good.
    Ooh, nice. Is that the 29er?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Well, since I can't help myself, I have an Assegai on the way in maxxgrip to try out my first not DHRii or DHF front tire since the last time I exploded myself and fucked up my shoulder with an Ardent up front...

I also finally installed the orange chainring, 165 cranks, and a bash guard that I've had waiting
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    <snip> an Ardent up front...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's why it got replaced. I'd (at the time I thought) randomly blow up. turns out those little intermediate knobs didn't like you actually steering and would totally wash out when they were parallel with the down tube.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Finally pulled the trigger on a new shoe and some brakes

Running MT520 brakes on my Trance but I’m finding as I get faster (and doing rides of 5000+ beer descents), I have to grab a lot of brake to slow me down. Upgraded to 4-pot Deore 6120. Also a Vittoria Mezcal 2.35 as my rear tire for some 50+ milers I’ve got coming up.

New flat shoes - Ride Concepts Powerline.

Amazing shoe - light, stiff, comfy, grippy, protective, breathable, spendy (ha).

Truckee company.

Me gusta! https://rideconcepts.com/products/mo...flow-powerline

Also...new chain (X01), new cassette (GX), grips (ODI Elites), and rear rubber (DHR2).

But the shoes, man, the shoes!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I got the Evoc Hip Pack Pro recently, and LOVE it compared to my normal fox backpack. Hip packs are the truth.

Also got those new Tannus Armour Tublesss inserts. Seems like an excellent option and lighter than cushcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    Gloworm Alpha 1200 light incoming.

Will go on my helmet and replace a cheapo knockoff that I have been limping along the last couple years.

Days are getting shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Bontrager Rapid pack

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I bought a Mezzer Pro today. Cheap and sexy. DTM made me do it.
    Love this thread for the product recs!

Mezzer looks sick. Never paid attention to it, but only because I'm a dolt when it comes to suspension.
    I have the Bont Rapid Pack - love it, but recently moved to no pack for anything sub-25/30 miles.
    That Glowarm light is rad! I use the Cygolites, but the gloworm looks even more comfy for helmet-top use.
    Tannus inserts? Never heard of em - looks sweet. In between the Huck Norris and CC/Air LIner.
    sproing!

Purchased a new pair of Hayes Dominion A4 brakes today. I had a pair on my previous bike, but sold them with that bike over the winter because I didn’t want to buy a new rear hose so they would fit my new bike. I have regretted that decision all season.

On that same note, very soon I will have a pair of SRAM G2 RSC’s in excellent condition for sale with 180mm rotors. Literally not a scratch on them. I can attest that SRAM has fixed the heat related problems that plagued the previous generation Guides as it feels like it has been over 100 degrees here for like a month. Price negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Ooh, nice. Is that the 29er?
    Yeah. They only made the 27.5 hei hei "trail" for a year or two.

Pretty incredible difference in how it feels going downhill compared to a not *that* old hardtail with a tall post. It is a little heavier but even with the shock in the trail mode I can get up and stand on it and it doesn't seem to bob down too badly. Then locked out it feels like a real xc bike. Was also worried about a few of the tight switchbacks with the long wheelbase (it's an XL) and how the pretty slack HTA would feel climbing but it's totally fine. Goes around those ones at the bottom of ravine and on middle fork no problem.

Nitpicks are that I'm dealing with was a creak I appear to have just fixed, the guide Rs seem weak and possibly need a bleed (haven't shortened the hoses yet so that will get done when that happens), saddle and grips had to get changed immediately, gx 12s doesn't seem to shift that great, and it could be a touch lighter. I've ridden it 4 times and am on the verge of ordering a bunch of shimano parts.

Anyway here's another picture. Put 10k feet of climbing on it sunday. TV mtn, point 6, a second self-powered lap on beargrass, and ravine to the snowbowl overlook on the way home to get that round number.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200809_155109897_HDR.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	401.1 KB 
ID:	336946
    Last edited by jamal; 08-11-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Purchased a new pair of Hayes Dominion A4 brakes today. I had a pair on my previous bike, but sold them with that bike over the winter because I didn’t want to buy a new rear hose so they would fit my new bike. I have regretted that decision all season.

On that same note, very soon I will have a pair of SRAM G2 RSC’s in excellent condition for sale with 180mm rotors. Literally not a scratch on them. I can attest that SRAM has fixed the heat related problems that plagued the previous generation Guides as it feels like it has been over 100 degrees here for like a month. Price negotiable.
    I may be interested in those brakes... as my current guides... well the heat...

Wolftooth dropper remote. In no way did I need it, but it was used and the i-spec cleans up my bars.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Wolftooth dropper remote. In no way did I need it, but it was used and the i-spec cleans up my bars.
    I put one of these on my Intense when the Fox remote shat the bed, the difference was very obvious. It was the Light Action version, set so I barely needed to brush it to actuate the dropper.
    Probably going to swap the brand new XTR that came with my Occam for a Wolf Tooth, I can't believe how hard the Shimano is to actuate when brand new.
    Worth the price? No. Needed anyway? Hell yeah.

I'm pretty satisfied with my cheap Ztto knockoff of that Wolf Tooth dropper remote.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...74#post6038574
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm pretty satisfied with my cheap Ztto knockoff of that Wolf Tooth dropper remote.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...74#post6038574
    Holy shit that thing is identical to the WT down to the looks of the logo but for 1/3 of the price.
    Kinda like buying the knockoff DT Swiss 54 tooth ratchet for the same price DT wants to sell you just the grease for it...

Holy shit that thing is identical to the WT down to the looks of the logo but for 1/3 of the price.
    Kinda like buying the knockoff DT Swiss 54 tooth ratchet for the same price DT wants to sell you just the grease for it...
    It's just a dropper remote, so all it has to do is pull some cable -- and hopefully do it smoothly, without feeling crappy. No reason that should cost $70. I haven't compared it side by side to a WT remote, but from photos, it sure looks like Ztto just straight up copied the WT.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

No reason that should cost $70
    Any brand manufacturing any outdoor recreation equipment would like a word with you...

Any brand manufacturing any outdoor recreation equipment would like a word with you...
    Noted. A lot of aftermarket dropper remotes have ridiculous pricing -- and my point is just that a cable remote simply doesn't do that much, so it shouldn't cost that much. I can buy a clutched rear derailleur for less than WT wants for that remote, and the derailleur is a much more complex part.

I put one of these on my Intense when the Fox remote shat the bed, the difference was very obvious. It was the Light Action version, set so I barely needed to brush it to actuate the dropper.
    Probably going to swap the brand new XTR that came with my Occam for a Wolf Tooth, I can't believe how hard the Shimano is to actuate when brand new.
    Worth the price? No. Needed anyway? Hell yeah.
    Yup, definitely not worth the price, but I do love mine. Helps that it was a gift.

I can buy a clutched rear derailleur for less than WT wants for that remote, and the derailleur is a much more complex part.
    Back in March CRC was selling complete BrandX droppers, with a perfectly acceptable remote that appears identical to the remote on a friend's OneUp dropper, for $94.

Noted. A lot of aftermarket dropper remotes have ridiculous pricing -- and my point is just that a cable remote simply doesn't do that much, so it shouldn't cost that much. I can buy a clutched rear derailleur for less than WT wants for that remote, and the derailleur is a much more complex part.
    Oh I hear you. I had never thought of the remote much until I exploded the stock one on my bike and looked for a replacement. Thought I was going to spend $20 based on the fact than an SLX 12-speed shifter costs about $40 and is significantly more complex. I recoiled in fear and anger when I saw $70 was the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Back in March CRC was selling complete BrandX droppers, with a perfectly acceptable remote that appears identical to the remote on a friend's OneUp dropper, for $94.
    I've got one of those on Mrs. C's bike, though I paid more like $110 at the time. The BrandX/ TransX/ etc (some are the same as some of the PNW and One Up droppers) are the best deal in dropper posts. Their 1X under-bar type remote is perfectly adequate - though I think the Ztto knockoff is nicer, I wouldn't spend the $ to upgrade.

FWIW, the BrandX 1X remote lever I have -- seems to be the same as the Race Face Aeffect one:
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod149026

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod193739

Other Brand X remote options:
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...ver&cat=direct