Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    My brother got me this and it’s pretty awesome, very bright. I use it every night to hunt garden critters.

Rechargeable with USB or wall socket.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1047.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	327043
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1048.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	327044

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. That small a battery only provides about a 25% boost for the phone, right?
    I've yet to use it as a charge device where I needed it for an extended time so I can't comment from experience (yet).

However, have you ever replaced a battery in an iPhone? They aren't very large. Based on the relative size of the biolight, I am guessing that the cell enclosed is at least the same size or near (+/-).

One thing I'll add, the form factor for this light makes it an easy pocket carry, about like flip phones of the early oughts.

god dammit now I gotta buy a fuckin flashlight

So, this is just a single AA, but it is one of the best in its class for price. I just ordered a gen 2.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foursevens-...72.m2749.l2649
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

+1 on 4sevens and Fenix lights, great quality price point on these lights. Would suggest you decide which battery configuration you would prefer to use before buying. Personally I use rechargeable r123 li-ion flashlights as edc’s. But you will need cells and chargers if you go this route, otherwise single AA or AAA configurations are likely best for edc size light. Stay away from lights that use a three AAA battery packs.

Candlepowerforums.com is the place for flashlight info

+1 Fenix- great light output for the price.

123A batteries have a lot more output for the size, and last a long time in most Fenix lights. If I were buying today, I'd probably go for the LD30 https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...30-flashlight/

Also, headlamps are great. I've got a headlamp in the glove compartment of all my rigs and keep one stowed in all of my regularly-used backpacks (STP had Petzl headlamps on clear-out prices) Never hurts to be prepared.

Flashlights, turntables--I'm sensing a theme here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...turntables--I'm sensing a theme here.
    You spin me round like a record baby, round like a record baby, round, round, round, round...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

what's something with a battery smaller than AAA or 123A

Everyday carry flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I rarely use a classic flashlight anymore, but use a headlamp a lot: bright, hands free, light, long service from a few batteries and illuminates what I am looking at.
    This. Actually our favorite recharges with a USB
    Last edited by plugboots; 05-04-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    I have limited storage on my bike and could be riding to Indiana, Florida, you name it unexpectedly at any time. Then watching a gate or bikes all night.
    This is interesting.
    WTF. Are you prospecting for a motorcycle club or something?

I carry a Petzl Bindi headlamp with me pretty much all the time. It’s tiny, usb rechargeable, bright, and fairly inexpensive. It’s not a flashlight, but I honestly can’t figure out why people still buy flashlights in 2020

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    So much flashlight hate. IT, medical, mechanics, trade workers, the huge black bouncer at the booby bar. People need flashlights.

Yes, a headlamp is my primary source of illumination for night work, but I often need a light during the day and working indoors.

Spot: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WK4R76 Cheap, mostly waterproof, actually fits in a pen pocket. No zoom if that's a deal breaker.

Flood: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015D7VR92 Cheap, bright as fuck, magnetic swivel clip is the handiest feature imaginable if you work on machinery.

Given the look of your turntable and the fact that you intend to use this for work, I'll recommend the Prometheus BETA QRV2 CLASSIC. It's designed and built in the US. Great light output. Very compact in combination with a clever and aesthetically pleasing quick release mechanism means it can easily live with your keys so that you always have it handy. Batteries seem to last a long time. Good finish options. Is it cheap? No. But it's real good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    So much flashlight hate. IT, medical, mechanics, trade workers, the huge black bouncer at the booby bar. People need flashlights.

Yes, a headlamp is my primary source of illumination for night work, but I often need a light during the day and working indoors.

Spot: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071WK4R76 Cheap, mostly waterproof, actually fits in a pen pocket. No zoom if that's a deal breaker.

Flood: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015D7VR92 Cheap, bright as fuck, magnetic swivel clip is the handiest feature imaginable if you work on machinery.
    Fuck Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This is interesting.
    WTF. Are you prospecting for a motorcycle club or something?
    Wow you're good. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Wow you're good. Wish me luck.
    Good luck (?)

Foursevens Quark. I've also got a couple Streamlights (Protac 2L-X, MicroStream) & Fenix (E12, PD35) which are all good, but size vs function the Foursevens Quark with deep pocket clip = best flashlight I've had. They weren't making them for awhile, so I picked up some spares on ebay, but they are back making them again - www.darksucks.com. I've had mine in my pocket daily going on 5 years and it's still kicking without any issues.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I've been really happy with this USB-rechargable flashlight, especially for the $. And Anker makes pretty good stuff compared to most Chinese off brands.:
    https://www.anker.com/products/varia...light/T1423011

This headlamp is decent, and has worked pretty well:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My go-to toolbox light has been a Streamlight Stylus Pro...but I'd prefer it was USB-rechargeable. They have a new model out now that is.