Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Everyday carry flashlight?

Anyone carry a small EDC flashlight? What do you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Anyone carry a small EDC flashlight?
    D as in "day?" Why would I carry a flashlight during the day?

oh, flashlight.. nevermind.

Yes. I carry a penlight at work daily.

Streamlight Stylus Pro. It’s like $20 on Amazon. Fits in a pen slot in my vest. It is bright enough for my daily tasks; shining up into dark ceilings, down into dark vaults, reading plans in dim lit rooms... I use it a few times a day and replace the AAAs a few times a year. It is a lot better than the LED Maglite it replaced; in battery life, brightness, and focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

If youre okay with something a little larger than a pen light, my edc light has been a fenix pd35 tac for the last two years. Super bright, but a little bigger than I'd pocket if I wasnt at work.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Yes. I carry a penlight at work daily.

Streamlight Stylus Pro. It’s like $20 on Amazon. Fits in a pen slot in my vest. It is bright enough for my daily tasks; shining up into dark ceilings, down into dark vaults, reading plans in dim lit rooms... I use it a few times a day and replace the AAAs a few times a year. It is a lot better than the LED Maglite it replaced; in battery life, brightness, and focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I'm getting really tired of those cheap lights which fail after a few months. This sounds like exactly what im looking for.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Yes. It’s called iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yes. It’s called iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Handling a phone to use its flashlight subjects it to risk of dropping and other damage in many situations I need a light for.

A phone's light is great in a pinch, but as an every day tool, it's like using Alpiine Trekkers and plug boots for a long tour.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Handling a phone to use its flashlight subjects it to risk of dropping and other damage in many situations I need a light for.

A phone's light is great in a pinch, but as an every day tool, it's like using Alpiine Trekkers and plug boots for a long tour.

... Thom
    So it's exactly what the pros and industry leaders would have been doing 10 years ago?

I rarely use a classic flashlight anymore, but use a headlamp a lot: bright, hands free, light, long service from a few batteries and illuminates what I am looking at.

The specific application I require a small light for requires being able to lay the light down to illuminate the stylus on a phono cartridge.

It's extremely precise work for the turntables I sell, and at one point in the process, I use a 240x USB microscope on a stand that's vernier adjustable in all three axes (photo, below), so yeah, a $20 flashlight isn't a lot to ask.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

4sevens quark mini 123 on my car keys (which are literally always with me since I live in my car). Phone lights are good as an area light in a pinch, but using one for extended periods drains the battery quick and they don't have any throw at all for moving around in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Check back in the PR in 3, 2, 1...

Thrunite TI3. Simple, tiny and goes forever on a single AAA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    D as in "day?" Why would I carry a flashlight during the day?
    What's the matter, you ignorant? Whatcha gonna do during the next solar eclipse, break out a box of matches for illumination?
    Last edited by Viva; 04-30-2020 at 10:17 PM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Shout to these guys https://www.luxproflashlights.com/flashlights.html Local Bluffdale company, true small business (yes made in China). Very high quality for the price. I wonder in your situation is a re-chargable is the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    The specific application I require a small light for requires being able to lay the light down to illuminate the stylus on a phono cartridge.

It's extremely precise work for the turntables I sell, and at one point in the process, I use a 240x USB microscope on a stand that's vernier adjustable in all three axes (photo, below), so yeah, a $20 flashlight isn't a lot to ask.

... Thom
    Is it still 1963 where you live?

What do you have against 1963?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Shout to these guys https://www.luxproflashlights.com/flashlights.html Local Bluffdale company, true small business (yes made in China). Very high quality for the price. I wonder in your situation is a re-chargable is the way to go?
    They look good. I need to use batteries. I have limited storage on my bike and could be riding to Indiana, Florida, you name it unexpectedly at any time. Then watching a gate or bikes all night.

If I am gona need a flashlight its pretty hard to beat a headlamp and it can hang around my neck if i'm not using it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Biolight Powerlight Mini had redefined my idea of what a flashlight should be.
    Fits in a pocket nicely and also provides back up power for my phone if needed.

I have a few different Streamlight's, but i don't consider them EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Biolight Powerlight Mini had redefined my idea of what a flashlight should be.
    Fits in a pocket nicely and also provides back up power for my phone if needed.

I have a few different Streamlight's, but i don't consider them EDC.
    Looks pretty sweet. That small a battery only provides about a 25% boost for the phone, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    What do you have against 1963?
    Yeah, some quality MILFs were born that year.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If I am gona need a flashlight its pretty hard to beat a headlamp and it can hang around my neck if i'm not using it
    This. It's been mentioned upthread but nothing beats a headlamp. I get such a kick out of watching people use flashlights and flail about putting them down trying to aim them at something if they need to use their hands. Attach the damn thing to your head, it will always point in the direction you're looking in, and if you really want to you can put it down and aim it wherever you want.