Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,303

    Mountain Collective 20/21 CovidPass

    With all the goings on with Ikon and Epic, and the fact the the MC supercharged the powder seeker pass with the addition of Grand Targhee for the 3 days at JH 2 days at GT combo and 4 days between Alta/Bird and Aspen/Basin making for a compelling option for people who have 2 weeks and a weekend or maybe even 3 weeks to ski on vacation. And Taos for when the flow stays south or you just want a green burrito. Also the price of admission is lower than Epic or Ikon, which in the age of Covid, makes it a look like a way to hedge a little bit against another blown out season. Also the early bird kid pass is only $100 which makes it an even better deal for people like us with a grom.

    For us (2 adults, 1 child) the passes that I would consider buying.

    Ikon full with renewal would be 1807.

    Epic with Telluride 2457.

    The Mountain Collective 1037.

    Alas, I just looked and it is now off sale. Pending changes? Very interesting.

    https://mountaincollective.com/
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-28-2020 at 12:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Corner of the Bow and Elbow
    Posts
    7
    They also also added Panorama for those who make a journey up the Canadian Rockies - Sunshine, Louise, Pano and Revelstoke make a pretty solid 1 week trip, or a couple of good weekend trips for us up in Canada. They did send out an email a couple of weeks ago to this season's passholders for an additional $50 off, so $419 usd, before they decided to take it off market. Really curious they suspended sales - I'm thinking this could be very good value if they offer some sort of Covid insurance in case next season is cancelled.

    I loved mine this year, it's great pass for someone who can only get a week or two of travel skiing in, or can only manage a couple of long weekends for traveling to other resorts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    With all the goings on with Ikon and Epic, and the fact the the MC supercharged the powder seeker pass with the addition of Grand Targhee for the 3 days at JH 2 days at GT combo and 4 days between Alta/Bird and Aspen/Basin making for a compelling option for people who have 2 weeks and a weekend or maybe even 3 weeks to ski on vacation. And Taos for when the flow stays south or you just want a green burrito. Also the price of admission is lower than Epic or Ikon, which in the age of Covid, makes it a look like a way to hedge a little bit against another blown out season. Also the early bird kid pass is only $100 which makes it an even better deal for people like us with a grom.

    For us (2 adults, 1 child) the passes that I would consider buying.

    Ikon full with renewal would be 1807.

    Epic with Telluride 2457.

    The Mountain Collective 1037.

    Alas, I just looked and it is now off sale. Pending changes? Very interesting.

    https://mountaincollective.com/
    Yeesh. That still seems expensive.

    Had MC for several seasons. Shifted to ikonic shitshow.
    Clicked on this thread thinking that pay as you go half price might be a better deal with covid closure hanging over our heads next winter.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    643
    Jackson, Teton Pass, Targhee, Big Sky, Bridger is a road trip classic made pretty easy with a MC pass.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeesh. That still seems expensive.

    Had MC for several seasons. Shifted to ikonic shitshow.
    Clicked on this thread thinking that pay as you go half price might be a better deal with covid closure hanging over our heads next winter.
    Exactly my thoughts. And my wife can't get out west as much as I can. Curious to see if they also sweeten the pot. Something is obviously going down.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    857

    Mountain Collective 20/21 CovidPass

    It may seem silly but one of the things that really turns me off for MC is going to each resorts’ pass office to obtain a picture pass. This is the one thing that pushed me over the line for ikon for next season. Plus I wanted more days at a basin.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,303
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    It may seem silly but one of the things that really turns me off for MC is going to each resorts’ pass office to obtain a picture pass. This is the one thing that pushed me over the line for ikon for next season. Plus I wanted more days at a basin.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yep. Same. The MC pass chase sucks. But 800 bucks is a lot of money in my world.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    It may seem silly but one of the things that really turns me off for MC is going to each resorts’ pass office to obtain a picture pass. This is the one thing that pushed me over the line for ikon for next season. Plus I wanted more days at a basin.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They sent me picture passes in the mail good 2 go

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    6,303
    Still not not back on sale. Anybody have some insight?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    They sent me picture passes in the mail good 2 go

    Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Can someone explain this to me, thinking of switching from Ikon to MC. Can I get passes before going to the resorts or do I have to get passes at every resort I ski?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlerscurtis View Post
    Can someone explain this to me, thinking of switching from Ikon to MC. Can I get passes before going to the resorts or do I have to get passes at every resort I ski?
    Some resorts you could get passes sent to you. Don't know which ones as I never used that option. Spending 5 or 10 minutes one time to get set up was never a big deal to me. Especially since I don't make plans ahead of time. Check their website for info. Link provided in OP.

    Site still says "sales suspended". Anybody have any info on that?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    12,235
    Possibly related to Alterra buying sugarbush and working on breaking a multi year deal with the previous owner.
    Can't see Alterra wanting the bush on a competitors discount pass.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    2,584
    fuck the mountain collective.....




    https://www.indyskipass.com


    THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

    Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    246
    The Indy pass is for sure a great deal and I may get one of these myself this year.
    In conjunction with a MC would make a super road trip around America. However at this time with everything so up in the air regarding the upcoming 20-21 ski season I am not buying any prepaid passes. No JHMR season pass, no Ikon, no MC and no Indy.

    No need to denigrate one product in favor of another. Everything has it's place with respect to consumer choices.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,860
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck the mountain collective.....




    https://www.indyskipass.com


    THE REVOLUTION GROWS!
    Seven great new indies join 45 from last season giving you
    52 uncrowded and authentic winter playgrounds for just $199.

    Cannon Mountain, NH
    China Peak, CA
    Crystal Mountain, MI
    Granite Peak, WI
    Lutsen Mountains, MN
    Sasquatch Mountain, BC
    Tamarack Resort, ID
    Two weekends for $50 a day?
    Great add on pass to support Indy mountains. They need love now more than ever.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    3,225
    Sure wish that Indy pass included Snowbowl, Discovery, and Bridger, then I'd buy it for sure. As it is, however, it's not much use to me.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    3,225
    Mountain Collective posted this a couple hours ago.

    Mountain Collective pass holders and fans, we appreciate your continued patience and support during this time. We have been working through some technical issues for the past few weeks and are currently making upgrades to our website, e-commerce, and customer service platforms. We will be back up and ready to continue to sell 2020/21 passes next week. Thank you!
    I might get one of these to supplement my limited Big Sky pass this year. It would give me three additional days at Big Sky, plus half price tickets the rest of the season in case it turns out to be an epic winter there and I want to ski it more. Plus a trip to Jackson/Targhee midwinter for two days at each.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Corner of the Bow and Elbow
    Posts
    7
    Looks like the MC is back up for sale again and has just added Sun Peaks Resort, BC to list. I don't believe that was on the pass when it initially went on sale. I'm not clear on what the Covid refund will be yet, but under the additional benefits there's now a "No Questions Asked Refund Policy" but no details yet on that and what the deadlines will be, but that should provide some solid insurance in case Covid closes the season next year.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The 8th best place in the LBP
    Posts
    3,225
    ^^The deadline for a refund is October 16. That stops way short of the guarantees other mega-passes and resorts are offering. Kinda makes me wonder..

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    172
    This is back up for sale on the Sunshine Village site in Banff and advertised for $469. At first I thought, that's a bargain in $CAD! but the website directs you to the $USD site. Still seems a bit up in the air that resorts will be back to business as usual next season.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Corner of the Bow and Elbow
    Posts
    7
    If you're not on their mailing list you should sign up for it. I picked up my MC last year on a short flash sale they had for Canadians to buy the pass at par to USD. Hoping they do that again this year, at $469 CAD it's a pretty great deal if you can a make a trip down to the States.

    Assuming there's actually a ski season next year...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    246
    Refund, 'no questions asked', until October 16.
    Jackson's date is October 15. Coincidence? 3rd day free at Jacksons a big draw.

    I can see why they had to suspend pass sales due to pandemic negotiations
    with all the different independent resorts.

    I have had a Mountain Collective pass for the last 3 years and have not
    received a single email from them since April 14. Big Fail!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    172
    Thanks for the heads up for the potential Canadian at par sale! Will wait and see how things develop between now and October.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Corner of the Bow and Elbow
    Posts
    7
    The Canadian par sale is pretty good, but again, that was last year - no idea if that's going to be a thing again this year. Also have to remember that they'll probably pull the third free day at a destination of choice at some point here, that's usually an early bird benefit and iirc has typically been removed by fall.

    Pretty unimpressed with the Oct 16 refund date. MC's a great pass for me, but that's a lot of cash out the door if they don't announce Covid closures until December or something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •