Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I like gin...

I like gin...

...it makes grin.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

*shivers* had a bad experience around the age of 16/17 while at the beach, some college kids invited me to a party. Parents ENCOURAGED me to go.
    Lost my shoes, and endured the worst 6 hour car ride home ever, and then some...no can’t do it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I like gin...

Gin is the devil in my experience, it’s really only for real drinkers (yup, I’m a huge fan, but I had to learn the hard way). Tons of great gins around these days, my personal favorite for the price and easy drinking is Only and its sub $25 at any Total Wine or large volume Liqour store. Junipero is the absolute shit for a more traditional flavor. I have tons more recommendations based on preferences if this ever turns to that, but yeah, makes me grin as well.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

My go-to cocktail is a g&t; yummy. Just mix ‘em weak and pace yourself with a spacer of ice water between drinks. Straight gin is above my pay grade.

G&T and sundress season opened the last weekend in February this year. March 1 if you want to get technical.

Cheers boys n girls.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    G&T and sundress season opened the last weekend in February this year. March 1 if you want to get technical.

Cheers boys n girls.
    Uppity reformationists. Sheesh.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Uppity reformationists. Sheesh.
    I prefer non-conformist Southern-biased Catholic enthusiast of Protestant libations.

But that’s kinda wordy.

I LIKE WHISKEY...
    It makes me frisky ....

Gin reference
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

The thing about G&Ts, on a hot summer day at the pool with the crew I can just blink and I've gone through a quart. Just can't moderate. Then I'm crawlin home.

Had to quit those but damn they are good.
    "Can't you see..."

My problem with G&T’s are that I start out making them on the weak side, then as I progress my hand gets heavier.
    My G&T drinking partner has the same issue, so if we are making them for each other things tend to escalate quickly.
    The wives love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have proven that I do not posses the required restraint when pouring gin and tonics, especially if boats are involved.

Whiskey makes you frisky, but Gin will make you sin.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    My problem with G&T’s are that I start out making them on the weak side, then as I progress my hand gets heavier.
    My G&T drinking partner has the same issue, so if we are making them for each other things tend to escalate quickly.
    The wives love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have to measure when mixing drinks - I can't eyeball the pour with any accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Recently seen on a pack of Fever Tree tonic water, "If 2/3 of your gin and tonic is tonic, shouldn't it be the best?"

I'm thinking, who the fuck fills 2/3 of their G&T with tonic? 50/50 at best.

I'm a whiskey guy but been recently wading into the gin. Really digging a couple local distilleries. Whyte Ladie and one from spotted bear. Oof, just what I need is more booze I like....

I was always suspicious of G&T's since the time I saw them glow green under a black light.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Gin is amazing. We've got a great distillery around here who makes their gin win raw honey and its perfect on ice with a lime wedge. Yummy.

I like gin. The cheap stuff. Fancy gin, for the most part, doesn't taste like gin anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I was always suspicious of G&T's since the time I saw them glow green under a black light.
    That's just the rohypnol.

plus these guys like it.

"Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Gin is amazing. We've got a great distillery around here who makes their gin win raw honey and its perfect on ice with a lime wedge. Yummy.
    Ah yes, assuming you are talking about Barr Hill. They got me back into gin. I also got drunk and sick on gin as my first liqour experience. Took me 35 years but I've added gin back into the rotation. Never a big fan of tonic so I'm more of a negroni drinker. As it gets warmer I'll switch to drinking Blue Moons. So refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Recently seen on a pack of Fever Tree tonic water, "If 2/3 of your gin and tonic is tonic, shouldn't it be the best?"

I'm thinking, who the fuck fills 2/3 of their G&T with tonic? 50/50 at best.
    Right? I can usually get 2 pint glasses of G&T out of a 7oz. FT bottle, and that's more than enough to get my buzz on.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Ah yes, assuming you are talking about Barr Hill. They got me back into gin. I also got drunk and sick on gin as my first liqour experience. Took me 35 years but I've added gin back into the rotation. Never a big fan of tonic so I'm more of a negroni drinker. As it gets warmer I'll switch to drinking Blue Moons. So refreshing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yes sir. Bar Hill gin is the only hard liquor I’ll drink just with ice. Their new distillery is an easy 3 mile bike ride from my house.....dangerous in many ways.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Back in the day, G&T was the drink of choice for the aspiring alcoholics I hung out with. I have always been a Whisky or Tequila guy. Brave Bull or a Manhattan for me please.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

No love for the gin martini?

It’s a slippery slope. One day it’s a heavy pour g&t. Next day it’s bring on the shaker and ice.

I liked them so much I threw my shaker in the trash. A few times a year I’ll have a martuni. At a restaurant or friends house.

Martinis are like breasts.
    One isn’t enough.
    Two is nice
    And three is too much
    . . .