City of Rocks hit with ‘worst graffiti in its history’

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...242317336.html

"An Idaho park site with ties to the 1840s was hit with spray paint graffiti this weekend in the worst case of vandalism in the park’s history, officials said.

City of Rocks National Reserve superintendent Wallace Keck said in a phone interview Monday that the vandalism occurred late Friday or early Saturday at Camp Rock, one of the formations at City of Rocks near Almo in south central Idaho. Camp Rock is notable for its historic significance. Emigrants on the California Trail in the 1840s and ‘50s stopped to sign their names in axle grease on the granite, and many of the signatures are still visible today.

But now they’re joined by several large graffiti tags in black, white and pink spray paint, according to photos posted on the City of Rocks Facebook page. The graffiti includes phrases like, “no flesh,” “the real LP” and “love God!” Keck said because of the amount of graffiti, different styles of tags and other factors, he believes two to six people were involved in the vandalism, including males and females.

By Monday morning, the City of Rocks Facebook post had been shared more than 4,000 times and had nearly 500 comments, including tips and witness accounts that Keck said are helping him pinpoint when the vandalism occurred."

Read more here: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...#storylink=cpy

Fucking ID zealots tagging for Jeebus...
    A bucket of elephant snot, a couple of steel brushes, and a small pressure washer (manual pump works) will do wonders on that stuff. I've cleaned hundreds of these on the boulders in Little Cottonwood Canyon over the years. What is it with rocks that magnetically attracts idiots??

Fuckers...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Fucking ID zealots tagging for Jeebus...
    A bucket of elephant snot, a couple of steel brushes, and a small pressure washer (manual pump works) will do wonders on that stuff. I've cleaned hundreds of these on the boulders in Little Cottonwood Canyon over the years. What is it with rocks that magnetically attracts idiots??
    Let's hope those cleaning techniques do the trick!
    Unfortunately, they could also possibly erase some of the other "graffiti," left by the previous "zealots" over 150 years ago, that makes these rocks so special in the 1st place...

Quote Originally Posted by isisis View Post
    Let's hope those cleaning techniques do the trick!
    Unfortunately, they could also possibly erase some of the other "graffiti," left by the previous "zealots" over 150 years ago, that makes these rocks so special in the 1st place...
    The California Trail pioneers can hardly be described as zealots based on their graffiti. 180 years ago in a society that was considerably more religious than ours they managed to avoid proselyting on the rocks and just left their names. Even stripped of their historical contexts these signs are less offensive than what those idiots teens left behind. Fuck them and their god.
    I wonder how COR management agency is going to deal with this. The place has really blown up with climbers but there's still a large group of people who are drawn by its historical significance and traditionally their interests have been put before that of other user groups. If the new graffiti can be removed without damaging the old markings I see fences going up to protect the rocks.
    Last edited by Boissal; 04-28-2020 at 11:57 AM.

OP. Are you is is is?
    Or isis is?
    Or i sissis?

I don’t get the handle
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    OP. Are you is is is?
    Or isis is?
    Or i sissis?

I don’t get the handle
    Or i-s-i-s-i-s? Or isi sis?

Well, wasn’t that fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    OP. Are you is is is?
    Or isis is?
    Or i sissis?

I don’t get the handle
    Haha, it was a variation on my initials, I think otherwise my "handle" was too short or maybe it was already taken..? I made it a while back, before the Isis terrorist group was really on the radar & I guess I'm too lazy (or don't know how) to change it!
    Boissai: Yes, to all you mentioned...trail cams might be merited as well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200428_133546.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	576.6 KB 
ID:	326714
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by isisis View Post
    Haha, it was a variation on my initials, I think otherwise my "handle" was too short or maybe it was already taken..? I made it a while back, before the Isis terrorist group was really on the radar & I guess I'm too lazy (or don't know how) to change it!
    Boissai: Yes, to all you mentioned...trail cams might be merited as well!
    Cool.

Sorry douchebags tagged the rocks. I never heard about the grease tags from 180 years ago until a few days ago when I read this story.
    That old timey story is cool. And the rocks look karmically cool.
    . . .

even with low gas prices, 100 mile RT from Burley
    seems like a waste of time and fuel for rowdy SO.ID youths
    looking to tag some shit ....

my money is on locals,
    tired of all the dirty naked hippies
    contaminating the Promised Land

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    even with low gas prices, 100 mile RT from Burley
    seems like a waste of time and fuel for rowdy SO.ID youths
    looking to tag some shit ....

my money is on locals,
    tired of all the dirty naked hippies
    contaminating the Promised Land

Very possible. Outside of Rock City the community hasn't exactly warmed up to climbers. Most ranchers give you a weird look when you're up there and there's a fair bit of territorial pissing going on when driving the dirt roads... And even at Rock City they only tolerate climbers because they're willing to shell out mad $$ for a good pizza and a great selection of beers in the middle of nowhere ID. The owners are clearly not impressed with the people though and treat them like annoying children you have to put up with. If you happen to be there mid-week and walk in with chalk-covered hands after stepping out of a Subaru to find a bunch of tables full of locals the general atmosphere is palpably unwelcoming. I've probably shelled out a few 1000s of $$ in that place over the years, I know the ladies who run the joint well enough, but it's clear they'd rather I stay in SLC and not invade their world 6 weekends a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    .... What is it with rocks that magnetically attracts idiots??
    i keep asking myself the same question
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

As someone who lived in Idaho very recently and have a bunch of family there, all I can say is fuck Idaho. And that I'm not surprised.

The worst cops in the world should be able to get this nailed down, we don't live in a police state for nothing!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

BS

I live in Idaho, but have yet to make the pilgrimage to the City. Seeing people destroy such a great area is saddening. Have a little respect for our history, and those that were here before us.

Hard to stop the idiots. Even more sad when the tag next to ancient petroglyphs.