Help me make a home on wheels(short bus?)

So Iím a college student with 3 equally snow driven roommates in Worcester MA. And I want a fuckin ski bus. So my thought is to not pay rent and just shower and eat in my current roommates apartment and live out of a bus or van. I donít know shit about engines so wtf should I be looking for? Can I get a mechanically sound short bus for less than 5k?? For now letís just focus on that question.

Additional ideal things:
    -buses with 6í3 head height clearance
    -is cruise control a thing?
    -awd/fwd(am I an idiot? Yes)

Thanks in advance folks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Waiting for Sunday morning sobriety

Let’s talk more tomorrow
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Waiting for Sunday morning sobriety

Let’s talk more tomorrow
    If this notion persists into Sunday afternoon, type >schoolie< in TheGoogle search engine, do a few hours of research and then get back to us.
    Last edited by GeezerSteve; 04-25-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Search and Tech Talk Jong
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^yessirs haha

Is cruise control a thing?

That’s sig worthy.

Get off my lawn!!!!!!
    ďLife has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.Ē
    Hunter S. Thompson

lotsa round spots in a bus. much fiddling required to get shit to fit. get something already square. much easier to build out.

insulation is key.

TECH TALK JONG!
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...n-parking-lots

Perhaps you missed this 231 page thread an inch away?

And Yup, insulation is key.

Help me make a home on wheels(short bus?)

Alright fuckheads IM BACK after a shitload of sifting through skoolie forums. Thatís all I did my research fuq u

How nice.

don't fucking do it, made that mistake twice. buses are cool for instagram but suck to actually deal with, most repair shops aren't large enough to lift a bus very high, and the short hoods on buses make doing engine work a massive pain in the ass. sent both of ours to the scrap yard after less than year due to massive labor costs of engine repair.

heres our bus in action,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7gl_faM1hM

buy a nice truck and a shitty slide in camper.

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    don't fucking do it, made that mistake twice. buses are cool for instagram but suck to actually deal with, most repair shops aren't large enough to lift a bus very high, and the short hoods on buses make doing engine work a massive pain in the ass. sent both of ours to the scrap yard after less than year due to massive labor costs of engine repair.

heres our bus in action,

Love that video

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Love that video
    Glad you commented - caused me to actually watch it. Great video/stoke!

quit being a cunt, buy a promaster for 5/7 k

run full m+s, get after it..

report back

welcome.

heres our bus in action,

Your bus looked sweet! I ended up fucking doin it haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1180.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	336163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1180.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	336163

If nothing else got a super rad trip out of it. Definitely gunna grab some truck for the next vehicle, no 4x4 blows

Ended up picking up the hunk of junk in Sacramento and surfing up and down the coast for a month then took my time through Nevada and Utah until I hit colorado then shipped home to Boston.

After 9k miles the day after I pulled into my driveway the glow plugs finally fully shit the bed so I have some work to do.

Dad'll write the check. Don't worry about it, bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Dad'll write the check. Don't worry about it, bubba.
    Hey only for my gajillion dollar engineering degree. Uber eats funds the pos bus trip

Ya all Iíve ever heard about busses is they break down way too much to be worth it

heres our bus in action,

sweet van footage..... shows all the important deets of the build. solid work there.

Some solid lines and skiing there .

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Hi bowboybb! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posing such an innocent query for information? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum that understood the passion, compassion and stoke of snowriders like yourself without the juvenile dick-waving and 7th grader insults? Well there is! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage for your photos and more. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi bowboybb! Have you had enough of this rude and childish treatment after posing such an innocent query for information? I bet you have! Do you wish there was a winter sports forum that understood the passion, compassion and stoke of snowriders like yourself without the juvenile dick-waving and 7th grader insults? Well there is! I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you to "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual cloud storage for your photos and more. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    That 5G will give you the COVID
    24į 06į