Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: PM Gear Kusala Lhasa Pow or Similar

Curious if anyone is holding and would sell. Ideally Kusala, but would be interested in Lhasa Pow or Pow Fats.

PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Curious if anyone is holding and would sell. Ideally Kusala, but would be interested in Lhasa Pow or Pow Fats.

PM me
    Just here to say that yes, you do want to buy the Kusala. Where are we at with getting Keith to build a few?

I have a Lhasa fat with kusala rocker and a kusala. You may ski them if you have 307 BSL or just drool from >6ft

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Kusala described by a young gun in the lift line:

"Those got some flavor shape!".

A repress would definitely sell.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post

A repress would definitely sell.
    Thiiisss

Is there something that behaves like a Kusala, but skinnier? (~110mm)

Maybe wootest at 113. I skied mine and they are very loose for sure. Kusala feels like more underfoot than protest even though it’s narrower.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm not sure Keith what Keith’s stance is on doing more collab ski runs, but I’d assume in general he'd be willing to do a new custom ski run of any shape if we can get 15+ people to commit to buyinging beforehand.

Personally I actually would like to see a skinnier Kusala type ski, I'd love to have those for a touring ski next season. Same general type of ski and shape but slimmed down to 112-115mm at the waist. I definitely don't really need another fat resort ski haha.

I'll reach out to Keith and then might make a new thread in Tech Talk about designing a new ski and see what interest there is and what type of dimensions people would want to see.
    Last edited by Muggydude; 04-27-2020 at 08:53 PM.

It sucks that a company with such innovative and great designs couldn't stay afloat, or even expand.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    It sucks that a company with such innovative and great designs couldn't stay afloat, or even expand.
    No doubt.
    Lhasa Pow, Lhasa Pow Fat & Kusala are fantastic skis; best in class.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    If your talking pat he had brutal fiberglass allergies I believe. But yeah people will pay $700-800 for Rossi HD which is pure crap and not pay a few dollars more for PM gear glory

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

I don't understand the Rossi reference.

Pat = PM Gear.
    My point is that starting with the original BRO Model and continuing through the Kasula, PM Gear manufactured some of the best designs that I have ever skied. I think that it would be fair to say that many "Indie" and mainstream companies copied PM Gear designs. Thanks to SFB, WPS was happy (and not so much) to have a relationship with PM Gear. Other companies made money though. Actually, it's too bad.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

^^^agree I have have proto Lhasa fat with kusala rocker and it’s an amazing ski

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

When the economy crashed, I was just starting to perfect carbon fiber skis. A lot of companies were building bottom dollar trash and/or pressing in China. I couldn't let go of the carbon fiber dream because I loved the performance of both the hybrids and the pures. They were for real skiers and the better someone skied, the more they loved them. That was great affirmation, but it didn't pencil out. The whole ski line warranted mass production. I poured $500K of my own money, in addition to a lot of investor money, into the effort. Also, I never took a wage for ten plus years of work because it always felt like we were a heartbeat away from getting to a point of mass manufacturing and distribution. Believe me, my social security checks suck because of that 10+ years and a lot of my retirement fundage went into it. Oh, well. Keith will build them if there are enough orders. We talked about it months ago.

In.

Been having thoughts of this ski as well.

I am in, heck I’ll buy 2 if its a 191

Fukking IN!!!!!!!!.........!!!!!!!!!

Please and thank you.

This is fucking interesting, man.

If Kieth did a run of 25, they would sell w/in 3 days

There is no ski I’d like to get on more than a Kusala. ETA sadly this is (likely) not the best time for me to get on an order but I hope to see it happen.

Hoji?

Praxis MVP is the closest to that kind of feel in a ski with camber IME. And I’m basing that on my experience with Renegades/EHP/Hoji/Moment Chipotle Banana etc, I’ve never skied a Kusala.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-29-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Kusala is standard sidecut/reverse camber I beam. It's the most intuitive pow ski I've ever ridden and I've also skied it on ice which, though challenging for holding form, solidly held an edge on some hard stuff. Has the thickest core of any ski we did. My pair, some throwaways from powdork, had something like 28 holes per ski before I filled them and mounted alpine bindings on them and they are good to go, albeit they have paper thin bases. At 6-1, 215, the 186 feels a tad short and I'd really love to do a 191 but there would only be one size made, I imagine, unless there were 25 orders each for 186 and 191 - or 25 orders for one length or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Kusala is standard sidecut/reverse camber I beam. It's the most intuitive pow ski I've ever ridden and I've also skied it on ice which, though challenging for holding form, solidly held an edge on some hard stuff. Has the thickest core of any ski we did. My pair, some throwaways from powdork, had something like 28 holes per ski before I filled them and mounted alpine bindings on them and they are good to go, albeit they have paper thin bases. At 6-1, 215, the 186 feels a tad short and I'd really love to do a 191 but there would only be one size made, I imagine, unless there were 25 orders each for 186 and 191 - or 25 orders for one length or the other.
    Subscribed

For me, this would be a pow touring ski. Already got the resort pow spots covered, lol.

So I'd be interested in an UL/carbon build.