Trex Deck - Would Anyone Want It?

Moved into a home last year and we are updating the yard including the removal of a good sized Trex (or similar) deck. The deck is in decent shape and has many years of life left In it, so I figured I’d take it apart and find someplace that would recycle the decking but someone mentioned to put it up on Craigslist for free. Think there would be interest in that? Having never taken one apart, is that even feasible? Would you run into issues with stripped out screw heads and it just isn’t worth the time?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Huckbucket would probably take it.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...eered-flooring

Trex Deck - Would Anyone Want It?

We Craigslisted an entire above ground pool and wood deck with equipment where someone came and took it out and took it away

It was free but we basically vetted the winning applicant for their ability to not leave us with a half done effort

It worked out pretty well!

The winner was motivated to give us a $500 deposit against his effort to take it all away

He got it done in 3 weeks and was so happy with the total package savings to him that he gave us the five hundy

Wish you were in Oregon or nearby, I’d take it off your hands

Great to hear...if anyone in the Denver area is interested PM me and I can send photos, otherwise it will go on CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado_Freeskier View Post
    Moved into a home last year and we are updating the yard including the removal of a good sized Trex (or similar) deck. The deck is in decent shape and has many years of life left In it, so I figured I’d take it apart and find someplace that would recycle the decking but someone mentioned to put it up on Craigslist for free. Think there would be interest in that? Having never taken one apart, is that even feasible? Would you run into issues with stripped out screw heads and it just isn’t worth the time?

Curious why your wanting to get rid of it? Will you be replacing it?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

You can put just about anything on Craigslist for free, and someone will come take it. Better than hauling it to the landfill.

Yeah try it. When I replaced my fence last summer a neighbor ended up taking a lot of the old (really nothing special) boards to use. Different material, but yeah those people are out there.

I've taken down more decks that I can remember. Usually, we just pick it up with a crane and put it in a roll off. I've picked them with a crane and put them on trailer before. I would never spend my money to take a deck down piece by piece.

I'll buy it off you and resell for twice the price.

I’ll sell it on eBay board by board.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Was it mounted with the hidden (between plank) system or drilled through the actual Trex? If undrilled it's worth more for sure, drilled still might work for some.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

One of my customers just bought a bunch of Craigslist, rented a Uhaul and drove it 2 hours to his second home. So yes, there is absolutely a market for second hand Trex. The new retail price is a lot.

Dudes make raft trailer decks out of cheap used Trex.

Your local FB "yard sale" page is good too- after some hassles with potential buyers, trying to sell a set of snow tires on CL & ebay, I finally put them on the FB page and I had my asking price and the tires gone within the hour. Gave away a worthless old patio set that way too, someone came and got it quick.