Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    He could if he were on a motorized trampoline and Pittsburg started it.
    And somewhere Hue Jackson and his 1-31 record is laughing at him.
    I still call it The Jake.

Matt Patricia is wondering what he has to do.

Rod Marinelli coughs from the back of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Bell sat out a full year over the contract dispute and then chose the Jets over real teams, right?

I'm all for guys playing hardball with the owners. The players are underpaid as a group. But he would've made more cash playing for the Steelers for that year under the franchise tag and then hitting the free agent market. Or he could've settled for a team-friendly deal to go to a contender with a good offensive coordinator.
    Yeah, I guess Bell did sign with them and that is on him. And I agree, he should have just taken the franchise tag another year and then reevaluated. But I still think that if he had gone anywhere other than New York, and maybe Miami, after sitting out, he would have been a pro bowl caliber player.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Matt Patricia is wondering what he has to do.
    How short our memories are...Rod Marinelli, anyone?
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    How short our memories are...Rod Marinelli, anyone?
    Psst. 2 posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Psst. 2 posts up.
    Saw your name and assumed there was another Browns hire listed...I got to read closer.

-Apologies

Reasonable assumption. We will likely hire Rod after Stefanski abruptly retires from the NFL to run Homeland Security or Boeing something. It will be true soon enough.

Saw your name and assumed there was another Browns hire listed...I got to read closer.

-Apologies
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Reasonable assumption. We will likely hire Rod after Stefanski abruptly retires from the NFL to run Homeland Security or Boeing something. It will be true soon enough.
    Right?

And besides, I could go on for days naming abysmal Browns HCs.

Actually Joe Thomas (lock for HoF) did just that in his hilarious retirement speech. Cracked on every QB, HC and GM he played for.

Don’t they have to have some modicum of success to be considered ala Fisher?
    Or is it that they are a good coordinator but not a good HC? Or did they have a good team that hid their flaws as a coordinator and are just not good at this level?
    We need some ground rules. Or not, cuz rules kinda suck.

Wade Phillips anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Don’t they have to have some modicum of success to be considered ala Fisher?
    Or is it that they are a good coordinator but not a good HC? Or did they have a good team that hid their flaws as a coordinator and are just not good at this level?
    We need some ground rules. Or not, cuz rules kinda suck.
    Well, I think it's based off Stealurface's criteria in his post where he said worst coach in his lifetime. Which, while not knowing how old he is, brings the entirety of the Browns staff from the time they came back to the league in '99, and a handful of others into the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Wade Phillips anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This is a solid submission.
    Well, I think it's based off Stealurface's criteria in his post where he said worst coach in his lifetime. Which, while not knowing how old he is, brings the entirety of the Browns staff from the time they came back to the league in '99, and a handful of others into the discussion.
    I get the feeling that the new Brownie era would about encompass his full lifetime.

Pretty sure he’s 18ish.

Is it worse to be a shitty coach with a shitty team or a shitty coach with a good team who keeps them from achieving their potential?

Let’s put it in grade school report card terms.

Which would you rather bring home to have mom and dad sign:

1) a “F”; or

2) “C-, Has failed to reach his full potential”

Let's say from 2000 on.

I'd like to throw Bobby Petrino into the conversation. Yeah, Vick did get arrested and completely fucked their offensive scheme but Petrino fucking quit with three games to go. Worse yet, he let the players know by leaving these taped to their lockers.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.39.22 AM.png
Views: 468
Size:  99.0 KB

Pretty sure he’s 18ish.

Is it worse to be a shitty coach with a shitty team or a shitty coach with a good team who keeps them from achieving their potential?
    Damn, that is a really good question. I guess you would have to say the latter is worse.

I know he wasn't a coach, but I feel like Matt Millen should be eligible for this "award".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So if we take into account a coach's hinderance of his team's success, does Jason Garrett get consideration? During his 9 years as HC (excluding his interim years), he had a total of 12 all-pro and 49 pro bowl nods from his players but went 80-64 with playoff appearances in which he never made it past the divisional. All that said, his replacement is faring much worse thus far so that is something to be considered, as is the fact that he was employed by the Sith Lord Jerry himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I know he wasn't a coach, but I feel like Matt Millen should be eligible for this "award".
    I thought the same thing yesterday when Rod was brought up.

So this is how the Falcons plan to rebound from an 0-5 start and fresh off firing their HC and GM?

https://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2020/10...down-facility/

#tankforTrevor

Tangent: Is it worse to have a shitty team (example: historically, the Browns) but hope as those teams always seem one or two draft players from success OR a perennial 8-8/9-7 team drafting mid-round with no hope of firing the head coach (Marvin Lewis' Bengals/ Cards before Ariens). While it's terrible to be 1-15, I gotta think a decade of no hope/no future has to grind on a fan. What's the collective think?

Tangent: Is it worse to have a shitty team (example: historically, the Browns) but hope as those teams always seem one or two draft players from success OR a perennial 8-8/9-7 team drafting mid-round with no hope of firing the head coach (Marvin Lewis' Bengals/ Cards before Ariens). While it's terrible to be 1-15, I gotta think a decade of no hope/no future has to grind on a fan. What's the collective think?
    multiple loser seasons is the worst

there's always more hope in a close-to-.500 team

signed, giants fan

I heard more than one Bengals fan describe the Marvin Lewis era as wildly mediocre.

Anyone know a good hack to watch/stream out of market NFL games this week? Just took a look at the TV map and despite having the number 1 team of Nantz-Romo on the call it appears my region will be treated to a rousing matchup of the Jets and Dolphins.

I'd really like to see the Browns-Steelers 1pm game. The old Reddit links have gone away and I'm not the most tech savvy so any recs are appreciated.