Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

The pats laid an egg, but the Chiefs are just not that good. They played our 3rd and 4th string qb and were not impressive.

Who's the second string QB, Cam?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The pats laid an egg, but the Chiefs are just not that good. They played our 3rd and 4th string qb and were not impressive.
    Completely agree. It is hard to knock the qb of a 4-0 team but Mahomes hasn't been his MVP self and their ability to establish the ground game has been questionable.
    This season has been such a mixed bag thus far. I don't know what to make of anything. Nothing has shocked me but the volatility within the standings is palpable. The 49ers are 2-2, Houston is 0-4, and the Colts are 3-1? I guess it all makes sense and is perfectly reasonable but it all feels wrong. I haven't been captivated by games like I normally am. Such is the year 2020.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Cam is their starter, through and through, but has COVID and is out another week or so. He looked GOOD in his first 3 starts. Put his name in the MVP conversation. Probably a lock for Comeback POTY.

Rumor has it Texans are looking at McDaniels.

Cam for Comeback Player of the Year? It's early, but Baker says hold my beer...

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Baker? No way. I get that he is having a great season but this is what, his third year? I've always felt that Comeback POTY is reserved for guys who have: 1, lost their starting job and moved on to another team, or 2, suffered a season-ending injury. Cam fits both bills.

Yes. Brady is 1st, but they fucked that all up.

You're gonna have to let this go and embrace the future.

Yes. Brady is 1st, but they fucked that all up.
    Thus far, his tenure with the Bucs has reaffirmed my belief that he is a talented qb with above-average poise and clutch factor, but ultimately the product of a system. Age hit and Belichick looked to the future. He landed Cam, an experienced, though inconsistent, former MVP. I truly believe that he is the most physically gifted qb to ever play the game, though his play hasn't always reflected it. I think it was the right move by the Pats.

as a retired champion beer can shot gunner ( upstate NY champ 1982 ) i admire and congratulate Baker on the no swiss army knife for the making the opening by using his teeth.

my only excuse in not pioneering this evolution of the sport is that beer cans where more substantial in my day.

Baker, this ones for you - big thumbs up - well done good sir

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Baker? No way. I get that he is having a great season but this is what, his third year? I've always felt that Comeback POTY is reserved for guys who have: 1, lost their starting job and moved on to another team, or 2, suffered a season-ending injury. Cam fits both bills.
    to get Comeback POTY, don't you have to have been good at some point earlier in your career? Baker may be in the running for a "most improved" like the NBA has, but he has hit nothing to come back to.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    as a retired champion beer can shot gunner ( upstate NY champ 1982 ) i admire and congratulate Baker on the no swiss army knife for the making the opening by using his teeth.

my only excuse in not pioneering this evolution of the sport is that beer cans where more substantial in my day.

Baker, this ones for you - big thumbs up - well done good sir
    Holy shit, Upstate NY division!?!? That’s some serious hardware. Kudos, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    to get Comeback POTY, don't you have to have been good at some point earlier in your career? Baker may be in the running for a "most improved" like the NBA has, but he has hit nothing to come back to.
    Nothing to come back to? Um, how about rookie TD record (in just 13 games) and savior of the Franchise?
    I still call it The Jake.

You're gonna have to let this go and embrace the future.
    I jest. I really don't give a shit. I like to watch the Pats play, but beyond that, I don't really care. Doesn't affect my life whatsoever. With that said, Brady is still the best QB to give us a chance at winning. We don't have his long-term replacement that I can see?

If you're not high on Cam, after the season is over and Jets draft their next QB, you will be able to pick up Darnold for a lobster roll and a handshake. A brief time in the "system" will be all he needs to become a SB winning QB.

If you're not high on Cam, after the season is over and Jets draft their next QB, you will be able to pick up Darnold for a lobster roll and a <Fistbump>. A brief time in the "system" will be all he needs to become a SB winning QB.
    FIFY. Handshakes are no longer allowed in this COVID world.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

You can tackle someone, but no handshakes?

stop being rational

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Completely agree. It is hard to knock the qb of a 4-0 team but Mahomes hasn't been his MVP self and their ability to establish the ground game has been questionable.
    This season has been such a mixed bag thus far. I don't know what to make of anything. Nothing has shocked me but the volatility within the standings is palpable. The 49ers are 2-2, Houston is 0-4, and the Colts are 3-1? I guess it all makes sense and is perfectly reasonable but it all feels wrong. I haven't been captivated by games like I normally am. Such is the year 2020.
    These are jokes, right? Maybe you missed the game against the Ravens? That was BIG and Mahomes was lights out...this was a let-down game to begin with, then take out Cam. The Chefs were taking the night off.

And, I love Cam, but he is not the future. He is a stop-gap. He's got as much mileage as old man Brady...by virtue of getting crushed multiple times a game. He'll be a solid starter for a year or two until BB retires or they can get a new guy in. I hope I'm wrong b/c I think he was younger, he was amazing, but I don't think I am.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    agreed. the potential must first be realized this season to some degree. then, he will need to start hot next season,
    collapse around week five, and get benched in favor of Case Keenum, who will lead the Browns to a finish two or three games above .500 but get knocked out in the divisional. At that point, they will decline his option for 2022 and he will be signed in free-agency to back up Jacoby Brissett who will replace the aging Phillip Rivers after he announces his retirement. Brissett will down with an MCL tear in the second preseason game. Baker will rise to the occasion and earn a Pro Bowl nod, securing him Comeback POTY. He will lead the Colts to a Wild Card appearance where they are obliterated by the Jaguars led by star sophomore Trevor Lawrence.

Baker says hold my beer...
    How can you be the comeback player of the year if you were never any good in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    These are jokes, right? Maybe you missed the game against the Ravens? That was BIG and Mahomes was lights out...this was a let-down game to begin with, then take out Cam. The Chefs were taking the night off.

And, I love Cam, but he is not the future. He is a stop-gap. He's got as much mileage as old man Brady...by virtue of getting crushed multiple times a game. He'll be a solid starter for a year or two until BB retires or they can get a new guy in. I hope I'm wrong b/c I think he was younger, he was amazing, but I don't think I am.
    Exactly. I'll add this: Pats D is still very good, especially their DBs. They match up better against that offense than anyone. In three their previous meetings the Pats D made Mahomes look down right bad in the first half, until he started working his magic after halftime. In this game Reid knew he could be conservative on O since the Pats were getting horrendous QB play.

Also it was a weird week in which every guy in both locker rooms was wondering if they were infected. They weren't sure if the game would happen until game day. I wouldn't read too much into this one. Especially since the Chiefs crushed Baltimore the week before.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    When White gets back, Cam will have his check-down option again. When Michel is healthy, he and Damien Harris will be a great 1-2 combo. The defense is again stingy, though not like a year ago. The offensive fat boys are solid, especially in their passblocks. The defensive trenches could improve but I think Winovich will emerge as a star. I see a great battle for the division in store against the Bills.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Exactly. I'll add this: Pats D is still very good, especially their DBs. They match up better against that offense than anyone. In three their previous meetings the Pats D made Mahomes look down right bad in the first half, until he started working his magic after halftime. In this game Reid knew he could be conservative on O since the Pats were getting horrendous QB play.

Also it was a weird week in which every guy in both locker rooms was wondering if they were infected. They weren't sure if the game would happen until game day. I wouldn't read too much into this one. Especially since the Chiefs crushed Baltimore the week before.
    Fair points. Garbage time certainly has hindered his performances. I concede.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    stop being rational
    This is going to get interesting with new cases popping up this week. If I'm the Bills I would not want to go down to TN this weekend.