Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Bills hype has reached a fever pitch. Slightly concerned its a year early, but fuck it, let's go.
    Without OTA, training camps and preseason, I think we'll see some ugly offense through October, and the elite defenses will be the headlines.
    Zack Moss is gonna be a game changer for the offense, I can feel it. When Gore took the field everyone stacked the box because there was only thing that was going to happen. Moss can catch the ball and looks like the bowling ball with rotating knives Travis Henry was.

Anyone use the Sunday Ticket To Go? Are they finally offering the ticket w/o having to get Direct TV?

Say it isn't so!!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This is what I came here for. I’m about 24 hours away from starting a thread called “Bmills & EWG’s Cleveland Browns deep emotional trauma support group.”

Let’s go Browns.
    I've been in a Cleveland sports emotional support group for as long as I can remember. It's named Drink the Disappointment Away. We meet once a week during football season, and most nights during baseball playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Browns angst is humorous to observe.
    It's part of the healing process. Step 2 I think.
    I still call it The Jake.

Been a lifelong Browns fan growing up in NE Ohio. Seen it all. Excited for the season. Even though it may be cut short due to the Covid.

GO BROWNS

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Zack Moss is gonna be a game changer for the offense, I can feel it. When Gore took the field everyone stacked the box because there was only thing that was going to happen. Moss can catch the ball and looks like the bowling ball with rotating knives Travis Henry was.

Anyone use the Sunday Ticket To Go? Are they finally offering the ticket w/o having to get Direct TV?

Say it isn't so!!
    Only if you live somewhere you can’t get directTV or are a college student.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Only if you live somewhere you can’t get directTV or are a college student.
    It seems like they're selling it to people who live in multi unit buildings, which I do. When I plug in my address to check eligibility it is ready to sell it to me.

I'm gonna take a flyer on the 1 week free trial and see how it goes.

Didn't tell them I'm the landlord

How do you get access then, just via any computer with login? Anything preventing you from “splitting” the access cost (only 1 device can be used)? Hell I’d pick the whole thing up for access.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I've been in a Cleveland sports emotional support group for as long as I can remember. It's named Drink the Disappointment Away.
    My 16 yo daughters sees me watching the game last night. She’s a pretty big sports fan for a teenage girl.

Her “Hey, football started!”
    Me “Yup”
    Her “Are you excited to watch the Browns this year?”
    Me “Well, I’m pretty worried they are going to be a mess, at least to start, with no preseason”
    Her “Oh come on dad, they’re ALWAYS a mess.”
    Me not sure what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Been a lifelong Browns fan growing up in NE Ohio. Seen it all. Excited for the season. Even though it may be cut short due to the Covid.

GO BROWNS

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Oh god there are more of us. I’m so sorry for you.

Also, never say you’ve seen it all with the Browns. There’s always more...

This is what I came here for. I’m about 24 hours away from starting a thread called “Bmills & EWG’s Cleveland Browns deep emotional trauma support group.”

Let’s go Browns.
    My 16 yo daughters sees me watching the game last night. She’s a pretty big sports fan for a teenage girl.

Her “Hey, football started!”
    Me “Yup”
    Her “Are you excited to watch the Browns this year?”
    Me “Well, I’m pretty worried they are going to be a mess, at least to start, with no preseason”
    Her “Oh come on dad, they’re ALWAYS a mess.”
    Me not sure what to say.
    That's hilarious.

I fondly recall my Mom walking into a room one time where me, my Dad, and all the male members of my family were watching the Browns find new ways to disappoint us and she says, "Why do you guys do this?"

"Do what?", I asked.

"Waste time watching this sports dumpster of a team", she said.

--- crickets ---

She got what she needed from the bar and left shaking her head.

Oh god there are more of us. I’m so sorry for you.

Also, never say you’ve seen it all with the Browns. There’s always more...
    I believe Cat hails from the same section of the Cuyahoga as I do, or at least a town over.

NFL 2020/2021

My grandmother used to refer to the Indians as “those flatheads.” As in “Those flatheads. They couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.”

I’m definitely creating that thread if this season get more than a little bit Brownsie. Only now I’m calling it the Cleveland Browns Drink the Disappointment Away Support Group

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    How do you get access then, just via any computer with login? Anything preventing you from “splitting” the access cost (only 1 device can be used)? Hell I’d pick the whole thing up for access.

I plugged my address in and it's ready to sell me the season

https://nflst.directv.com/?sessionTimeout=true

Do they give a refund after the league goes on lockdown?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My grandmother used to refer to the Indians as “those flatheads.” As in “Those flatheads. They couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.”

I’m definitely creating that thread if this season get more than a little bit Brownsie. Only now I’m calling it the Cleveland Browns Drink the Disappointment Away Support Group
    In.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Do they give a refund after the league goes on lockdown?
    I’m not sure, but that will just be another reason for us Browns fans to drink I guess.

Did she know the Flatheads are an actual tribe? I'd always thought of the Indians as more generic than a reference to a particular tribe but maybe I've missing something.

My pro sports mojo has been severely disrupted this year, since the plague struck I've paid about zero attention to any of them for the first time since I was a kid. But yesterday my brother told me he's more pumped for this Pats season than he has been in years and he's a sports and in particular a football maniac. He loves Cam and thinks Belichick is going to have his finest hour. So I'm more interested than I was yesterday at least.

I hope my local tv listings are wrong because the most appealing game on the early slate to me is browns Baltimore and the listings show us getting Miami pats. Wtf.

How/why are there so many Browns fans on TGR?

No hate...just trying to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post

I believe there's like three of them. Part of it is that they're vocal because they're reaching out to other tortured souls.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 09-13-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I believe there's like three of them. Part of it is that they're vocal because they're reaching out to other tortured souls.
    Ha, word.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

My pro sports mojo has been severely disrupted this year, since the plague struck I've paid about zero attention to any of them for the first time since I was a kid.
    I'm in the same boat. Just kind of realized this week that there would be football on TV so I've been paying a little more attention. Doesn't help that the high is 90 here today, sure doesn't feel like football season.

Cam Newton just rushed for first touchdown of the season and his career with the Pats!

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Nailed it.

Josh is getting a little sloppy on these QB keepers , but otherwise , Bills are looking excellent

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    My pro sports mojo has been severely disrupted this year, since the plague struck I've paid about zero attention to any of them for the first time since I was a kid. But yesterday my brother told me he's more pumped for this Pats season than he has been in years and he's a sports and in particular a football maniac. He loves Cam and thinks Belichick is going to have his finest hour. So I'm more interested than I was yesterday at least.
    Ha! Feeling the exact same way Icemang.. 0 attention to any sports until.. today, really. And sure, I'm (kind of) excited to see what BB can do with Cam, but... no fans?? Artificial fake crowd noise that doesnt react situationally like a real crowd?? Stupid

And are you fucking serious that the Redskins couldn't come up with a new name by now?? The Washington "Football Team"?!?

Cam looked great. No way he can run like that for 16 games though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app