Page 79 of 91 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2263

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Sure, 14-9 is way better than 21-9, but being down 12 points is hardly insurmountable, especially for an offense like KC's (which is not to say that Reid didn't screw up, but it was not the reason they lost). And running the ball more was not the missed opportunity that would have netted them the win. What they needed was an OL that actually protected Mahomes and gave him more than 1 second to throw. They eye test showed it, that "scrambling" stat showed it. For a prolific offense that relies on the pass, you have to, you know, have time to pass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Drunk TB throwing the Lombardi to Gronk boat to boat is probably my new favorite thing ever. So many ways that could have gone wrong.

I'm a little pissed I had so much work today. It would have been pretty fun to take the boat over there to check it out. Doubt I could have gotten too close to the action though.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Drunk TB throwing the Lombardi to Gronk boat to boat is probably my new favorite thing ever. So many ways that could have gone wrong.
    In Brady’s charmed life, he would have set a post season mermaid completion record and she would have placed it on Gronk’s swim deck if it went in the drink. Then Gronk would have would have taken the mermaid to dinner first because he’s a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    In Brady’s charmed life, he would have set a post season mermaid completion record and she would have placed it on Gronk’s swim deck if it went in the drink. Then Gronk would have would have taken the mermaid to dinner first because he’s a gentleman.
    That's pretty specific. You didn't just come up w/ that scenario off the top of your head. NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    That's pretty specific. You didn't just come up w/ that scenario off the top of your head. NTTAWWT.
    Didn’t know we were defending authenticity around here but I did. Ask my friends, I say weird and inappropriate shit often. It’s a good filter for determining whom I like to converse with at wine mixers.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 02-11-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Didn’t know we were defending authenticity around here but I did. Ask my friends, I say weird and inappropriate shit often. It’s a good filter for determining whom I like to converse with at wine mixers.
    If he needs proof, point him to the goggle thread in tech talk.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If he needs proof, point him to the goggle thread in tech talk.
    Hey now. That was all 100% true.

Also, Conundrum, remember that time when were were drinking Champagne with those ladies in the bobsled runs and Rontele decided it would be a good idea to piss off that olympic sprinter? That went south quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Hey now. That was all 100% true.

Also, Conundrum, remember that time when were were drinking Champagne with those ladies in the bobsled runs and Rontele decided it would be a good idea to piss off that olympic sprinter? That went south quickly...
    Totally. But I think we all learned a lesson that day. Sprinters can't box for shit. I think they skip arm day at the gym. I mean the guy was able to slap the clear framed Frogskins off my face and kick Dave...sorry...rontele in the pills but I think the juice was worth the squeeze. Recall the after party back at the suite?

I’m totally hanging with the wrong people.
    I still call it The Jake.

Is anybody going to try and make avocado tequila?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Is that what Tom got all loopy on?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Is anybody going to try and make avocado tequila?
    And here I am, still tryin to get used to the toast...
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Is Russell Wilson really looking to get traded out of Seattle?

This sounds like the weekly recycled crap that ESPN puts out regarding OBJ.

Where will Beckham Jr. get traded to this year?

Totally. But I think we all learned a lesson that day. Sprinters can't box for shit. I think they skip arm day at the gym. I mean the guy was able to slap the clear framed Frogskins off my face and kick Dave...sorry...rontele in the pills but I think the juice was worth the squeeze. Recall the after party back at the suite?
    Jesus, barely. Too much Dom. Paulette was on fucking fire, I remember that. That sprinter dude - Maurice was it? - was actually kinda cool once he calmed down. Well, and after Fitz slipped him a valium.

Wasn't that the night you proposed to Paulette? Half naked? Proposed might be too strong of a word since you used a Schlitz pull tab as a ring...

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is Russell Wilson really looking to get traded out of Seattle?

This sounds like the weekly recycled crap that ESPN puts out regarding OBJ.

Where will Beckham Jr. get traded to this year?
    I'd happily listen to that for a while. They spend countless hrs on sports talk round here talking about the Jets trading all 4 of their 1st round draft picks and Sam Darnold to Houston for Watson.

One of my friends works at NFL. I'm entertaining asking him to put all the NFL QB's into a giant pool and we just rotate the QB's to different teams every 3 years according to some predetermined formula. Just so we fans don't have to listen to this shit each year.

I can't imagine what sports talk radio sounds like in Jets country.

Jimmy from Queens, you're up next on The Fan...

Jimmy: slurred drunken nonsense... elaborate trade scheme... a burp... go JETS! thinks he hangs up while bragging to his roommate. You hear me on the fuckin radio???

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Jesus, barely. Too much Dom. Paulette was on fucking fire, I remember that. That sprinter dude - Maurice was it? - was actually kinda cool once he calmed down. Well, and after Fitz slipped him a valium.

Wasn't that the night you proposed to Paulette? Half naked? Proposed might be too strong of a word since you used a Schlitz pull tab as a ring...
    That's right!... I remember chanting BLM, BLM, BLM just before sun up. Ol' Big Leg Mo. Can't recall if that was his already his nickname or if we gave it to him. Dude must have had 30" thighs. I didn't know Fitz mickied him but that makes sense why Fitz was dancing around the hot tub the next day in a two sizes too big track singlet.

Paulette? Yeah. I guess you're right there too, I was only wearing a shirt. Frickin' steel trap your mind. I spent many days out in the woods howling with wolves and reflecting on that night and that decision. Best worst decision of my life. Maybe the worst best. I still am looking for a modicum of closure I doubt I'll ever find with that one. I still have the pull tab in my keepsake box.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I can't imagine what sports talk radio sounds like in Jets country.

Jimmy from Queens, you're up next on The Fan...

Jimmy: slurred drunken nonsense... elaborate trade scheme... a burp... go JETS! thinks he hangs up while bragging to his roommate. You hear me on the fuckin radio???
    Geez, it's like you listen to WFAN on the internet broadcast?

You should stick around for when Omar from Queens calls in.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Geez, it's like you listen to WFAN on the internet broadcast?

You should stick around for when Omar from Queens calls in.
    I listen to their Cleveland affiliate online. We've got Chuck from Westlake and Timmy from Parma to provide similar content.

That's right!... I remember chanting BLM, BLM, BLM just before sun up. Ol' Big Leg Mo. Can't recall if that was his already his nickname or if we gave it to him. Dude must have had 30" thighs. I didn't know Fitz mickied him but that makes sense why Fitz was dancing around the hot tub the next day in a two sizes too big track singlet.

Paulette? Yeah. I guess you're right there too, I was only wearing a shirt. Frickin' steel trap your mind. I spent many days out in the woods howling with wolves and reflecting on that night and that decision. Best worst decision of my life. Maybe the worst best. I still am looking for a modicum of closure I doubt I'll ever find with that one. I still have the pull tab in my keepsake box.
    Rontele and I were standing there while you got down on one knee (well maybe two knees and a stomach, kinda - you were pretty far into it at that point), and as Paulette takes the tab, all shiny in the moonlight, Rontele turns to me, Tommy and BLM and says - and I shit you not - "that tab looks like gold now but it's gonna turn into a millstone." I mean, Rontele had downed more champagne than you and I combined and he still pulls that lucid moment out of his ass. Amazing. Then he immediately went back to trying to convince a young lady that she should massage his feet with a turnip. No idea. There was more than booze involved, obviously.

I woke up in the morning in the patrol shack above the T-bar. Fitz was outside. Fucking cold. Had some very nice company though, so worked out. But here was the kicker - after I found one of my skis (just one, still don't know where the other went) and she found hers, and we got back down, it turned out it was THREE DAYS LATER. No fucking clue what happened. That's why I never told you congrats on Paulette. Sorry about that. But whatever got into Rontele's drink clearly got into the rest of ours too.

What a week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0685.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	524.4 KB 
ID:	362452

That's hilarious.

Neat IG handle too.