Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    who the fuck goes for it in that situation?
    You’re obviously not a Browns fan.

I still call it The Jake.

Ho-leee-shit.
    I still call it The Jake.

Russ made em pay for their stupidity.

How the f*ck does Zimmer still have a job? And/or Cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Second game the Vikings have lost this season because of stupid stupid stupid coaching decisions. Zimmer has to go.

NFL 2020/2021

Russ is a cheat code

Too bad the Vikes gave Cousins another fat paycheck, he’s not going anywhere

I hadn’t even seen the end of the game at my last post - I am now even more frustrated though not surprised giving Wilson the ball back with that much time. So frustrating. How do you have any faith in Zimmer as a player? Or as a GM or owner? Maybe they’re trying to compete with the giants.

"...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    Pats Broncs game postponed due to new covid positives.
    Pretty sure Belicheat did it to avoid playing without Cam.
    Not that they need him vs the Donkeys
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

What was the point in going for the extra point to get a 5 point lead rather than go for 2 and a 6 point lead if you weren’t planning to kick a fg for the 8 point lead??? Seriously frustrating and a lack of cohesive game planning. If I’m an owner I am PISSED (assuming i care as an owner)

Gotta give Zimmer some credit on that 4th: if the guys that were getting yards consistently all game get 1 yard they win. At least he didn't go for 2 first downs on 3rd and 1.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Gotta give Zimmer some credit on that 4th: if the guys that were getting yards consistently all game get 1 yard they win. At least he didn't go for 2 first downs on 3rd and 1.
    Seahawks hadn’t stopped them once on that off tackle play all night.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Seahawks hadn’t stopped them once on that off tackle play all night.
    Yep. Hole to the endzone was there. Mattison didn't take it. Hard to ask Mattison to be more patient in that scenario tho.

Love the 20/20 from all the internet head coaches. Analytics decision is basically a wash.

Edit: Edge rusher had leverage on the FB so the aforementioned "hole" probably wasn't gonna work.

NFL 2020/2021

While I disagree on going for it on the 4th down, my main frustration is with having a lack of cohesive gameplan for point differentials. The only benefit of kicking the extra point is that it allows you to potentially kick a fg to tie or force Seattle to need a 2 point conversion. If you were leaving open the option of going for it on a 4th down within fg range, go for the 2 point conversion as it’s a meaningless single point without a fg added on but the 2pts, if made, allows a fg to put the game out of reach. You choose to kick the single, get the opportunity to kick the fg and choose to not kick the fg? Brilliant.

I think he went with the numbers on that, too. The scenario where you force the other team to maybe go for two by doing it yourself is kind of a minority approach. You don't really plan to be in that 4th and 1 situation, but when the clock and TO situation turns 4th and 1 into 4th and win it's a little different.

I mean, I suppose it's kinda interesting to weight the litany of possible outcomes based on different decisions, but in the end it's a meaningless exercise because we're talking about the Vikings and the outcome is doom in any scenario.

Sad but true.

Second game this season he's gone for a 2 pt. conversion in the third quarter for no compelling reason, and failed. Both games they ended up losing by one point.

First off, it may well have been Kubiak, not Zimmer, that decided to go for it. Going for two was a bad move in hindsight but I thought it was acceptable, albeit gutsy, in real time. The problem is, I am just a dude and whoever decided to go for it is an NFL coach. As for the 4th down conversion, it was the right call, I think, through and through. Mattison is a big boy and excels between the tackles. Seattle's run defense was porous all game and all 3 Vikings backs had success up the middle. I don't recall seeing a single negative zone run in the fourth quarter.

But this is nothing new. The Vikings are a gutsy, aggressive team on both sides of the ball and have been throughout Zimmer's tenure. If Zimmer is going to get heat for anything, it should be the pressures he brought on Seattle's final drive. The safety blitzes were getting picked up and couldn't get home. In that situation, I think you drop back and send the mike through b to exploit their young guards. Regardless, I am still just some dude and hindsight is 20/20.
    swing your fucking sword.

Went to bed last night secure in the knowledge that the Seahawks were no longer undefeated.

Hmmmm....

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

NFL 2020/2021

The worst thing was that I sucked it up and rooted for the Vikings against my Packers-fan instincts and now have to listen to Seahawks fans, who may be the worst fans, gloat about barely beating a team the Packers blew out.

Herbert is going to be a really good QB.

Yeah Fuck Seahawks fans. For real. Fucking 12.
    I guess I should say fuck again.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Always warms my heart to see Drew beat those fuckstain Chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^
    What you guys said.

Now, HOW BOUT THEM BROWNIES!?!?

#1 Defense comes into the Dog Pound and the Cuyahoga Kids destroy the spread.

WOOF, WOOF!!!
    As my daughter told me - "It's cute that you're happy now. Just wait."