Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2263

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    God damnit

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    LOL.

Cam may be available by the end of camp, you never know.
    I still call it The Jake.

I was going to make some smart ass Darnold comments, but then I realized I'm a Cleveland fan and am scared to death of jinxing ... well ... pretty much everything.

Darnold is probably gonna be a solid pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Darnold is probably gonna be a solid pick up.
    I actually agree. But expectations are admittedly basement level low given that he is, ya know, Sam Darnold and all.

swing your fucking sword.

I actually agree. But expectations are admittedly basement level low given that he is, ya know, Sam Darnold and all.

After six years of college ball he's probably ready for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Heh. That's how I would feel. Are there many ghosts down Carolina way?

I heard some convo about this on the Pat Macafee show and they were saying the "seeing ghosts" thing is actually a real saying, and it's in regards to pass rush, not pass coverage. Basically saying his protection is so bad he can't trust the pocket.

Not quite the indictment it's made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Not quite the indictment it's made out to be.
    That's B.S. He's an NFL QB admitting that he's rattled by the pass rush in front of his teammates. Sure, "seeing ghosts," is a saying, but not one you use to describe yourself. How often do you think the great ones sit down on the bench and admit this? The answer is NEVER. Not even once.

I'm all for grown men being vulnerable and sharing their feelings and shit, but not my QB during a game in front of the world. The proper response is to yell at someone who fucked up, curse at no one in particular, or shut the fuck up and watch the the play on your Microsoft Surface Pro™ tablet .

I mean, it was an aside during a game that got caught on a mic. Not like he said it in a presser. Lots of reasons to be concerned about Darnold. He stinks right now. Only question is if he can turn it around.

Glad he’s not on my team, but he’s never gotten a fair shake from the Jets.

Seems like Andy's POS son getting off easy... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/7192377002

Are we going to hear more Edelman is going to the Bucs or Edelman is a HOFer takes?

I say neither happens

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

I say neither happens
    agreed.

If Eli Manning deserves HOF consideration, as many think he does, then so does Edelman.

I don't think either belongs.

If Eli Manning deserves HOF consideration, as many think he does, then so does Edelman.

I don't think either belongs.
    No way, Eli has a much better case than Edelman. Though I agree that neither belongs. Edelman is the Robert Horry of the NFL, a very good player who made some clutch plays and won a bunch of championships. But winning 3 championships as a WR (on a team with Tom Brady and coached by BB no less) is way different than winning two as a starting QB.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    No way, Eli has a much better case than Edelman. Though I agree that neither belongs. Edelman is the Robert Horry of the NFL, a very good player who made some clutch plays and won a bunch of championships. But winning 3 championships as a WR (on a team with Tom Brady and coached by BB no less) is way different than winning two as a starting QB.
    Edelman is 2nd all time is post season receiving yards and receptions (behind only Jerry Rice). He's a superbowl MVP and made 2 of the greateat catches in SB history. Robert Horry is not a good comp at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don't think Edelman was ever top 5 at his position. You need 4+ years at that level before you even start the HOF conversation.
    He belongs in the Hall of Very Good.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I don't think Edelman was ever top 5 at his position. You need 4+ years at that level before you even start the HOF conversation.
    He belongs in the Hall of Very Good.
    Just like Eli Manning.

Yeah, but he had plenty of meme facial expressions after gut wrenching turnovers. That has to count for something.

If we're talking about fringe HOF players, Marshawn better get in. Terrifying runner who absolutely embarrassed professional athletes again and again.

To this day I can't read Eli's name and not be reminded that some refer to him as the "Slingblade of quarterbacks".
    I still call it The Jake.

if eli gets in, cam fkn better.

From @sharpfootball on Twitter:

Compare his career to Hines Ward, who can't make the final ballot in HOF voting the last 5 years

catches
    Hines 1,000
    Julian 620

yards
    Hines 12,083
    Julian 6,822

TDs
    Hines 85
    Julian 36

Super Bowl MVPs
    Hines 1
    Julian 1

Pro Bowls
    Hines 4
    Julian 0

I can do Eric Moulds too

if eli gets in, cam fkn better.
    What about Tony Romo? Matt Ryan? Both better than Cam and Eli. None should be in the hall.

Are we all in agreement that neither Eli nor Edelman should get in the HoF?

Good.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What about Tony Romo? Matt Ryan? Both better than Cam and Eli. None should be in the hall.
    Eli does have infinity more Super Bowl titles and Super Bowl MVPs than all those guys, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Compare his career to Hines Ward, who can't make the final ballot in HOF voting the last 5 years
    Hines Ward was very, very good at football. His stats would look a lot better if he didn't play his prime years with Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddux in a run first offense.

romo and ryan were both had/have better careers but cam had a better prime. he is a breed of qb the likes of which the league has never seen. if he can have a bit of a career resurgence and take someone on a run in the next few years, i think he gets in.

also, i think ryan gets in at this point. third best career of any active qb behind brady and rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eli does have infinity more Super Bowl titles and Super Bowl MVPs than all those guys, though.
    And he's the only one who was never a legit MVP candidate. Eli received zero MVP votes in his career. His career was to Joe Flacco than an all-time great.