Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Which one did we see yesterday?
    Both - Good Josh was our best runner and had some nice throws. Bad Josh had a turnover and couldn’t get a single TD against the JETS

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They are so thin on D right now thanks to injuries and general ineptitude at LB.

Hopefully they make a move before the deadline.
    Maybe they can trade for one. I hear Joe Schobert is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    NE has the absolute worst backfield in the league this season
    That couldn't be farther from the truth man. Sony Michel showed flashes of the player he was at Georgia and the reason why he was a 1st round pick, earlier in the season before getting hurt (120 rush yards at LV week 3) and he's "week to week" and could return as early as next week. James White remains one of the better pass-catching backs in the league. Rex Burkhead is a swiss-army, jack-of-all-trades player who is dangerous with the ball in his hands and difficult to tackle, and Damien Harris (as you noted) was a stud at Alabama and has sky-high potential.

I'm obviously a gigantic Pats homer, but they are FAR from the "worst backfield in the league"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    That couldn't be farther from the truth man. Sony Michel showed flashes of the player he was at Georgia and the reason why he was a 1st round pick, earlier in the season before getting hurt (120 rush yards at LV week 3) and he's "week to week" and could return as early as next week. James White remains one of the better pass-catching backs in the league. Rex Burkhead is a swiss-army, jack-of-all-trades player who is dangerous with the ball in his hands and difficult to tackle, and Damien Harris (as you noted) was a stud at Alabama and has sky-high potential.

I'm obviously a gigantic Pats homer, but they are FAR from the "worst backfield in the league"
    Good points. How about the receivers? They might really be the worst group in the league.
    Last edited by Powder Ho; 10-26-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Both - Good Josh was our best runner and had some nice throws. Bad Josh had a turnover and couldn’t get a single TD against the JETS
    Agreed

And he completed 70% of 43 throws for 307, isn't it nice how the bar has been raised for QB play in Buf?

Okay, I overstepped there. Better put, the Pats have the most boring backfield in the league this seaosn.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Good points. How about the receivers? They might really be the worst group in the league.
    Oh, they are. PFF had them 30th coming into the season ahead of the Jags and Jets. The Jags now have a well above average receiving corp with Chris Conley the lowest graded of the four with a 69.4. The emergence of Jamison Crowder eliminates the Jets from contention, leaving the Pats with the most abysmal pass catchers. Edelman is the highest graded this year with a 68.8. If you aren't into the whole PFF grades thing, all it takes to arrive at this conclusion is a simple eyeball test. The Pats receivers fucking suck.

Nagy's play calling is absolutely brutal.

Okay, I overstepped there. Better put, the Pats have the most boring backfield in the league this seaosn.
    They've got two plodders, an undersized pass-catching fullback, and a pretty good third down guy. At WR, they've got old, creaky Edelman and some total stiffs. There are just not any playmakers on the offense.

Newton has to carry that offense completely or they can't score points. That's a pretty tall ask for a guy who has been hurt a lot and had trouble finding a contract.

And the d isn't good enough to bail the offense out like last year. They'll be lucky to get their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs again. But Nick Foles won a Super Bowl on a team that was no better than this and he sucks at football. I guess that's why you keep scrapping and play out the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    Yeah, they suck.

I was really hoping (and kind of expecting) 6'4" N'Keal Harry to turn into a Calvin Johnson type talent. Tall, physical, huge catch radius.. Nope. None of the Pats WRs can get any separation whatsoever. Its hard to put a lot of blame on Cam when nobody can get open - I don't think TB12 would be doing any better right now. Oh and as bad as our WRs are, our TEs are even worse somehow.

Oh and as bad as our WRs are, our TEs are even worse somehow.
    They should have just gone all in on the Panthers and signed Olsen when they had the chance. Old, a little washed up, but he is healthy for the first time in a few years and a future hall of famer nonetheless. Maybe their season would look completely different.

Did Hekker really just kick that ball that far? That may be the most impressive punt I have ever seen. I can't find the replay yet but I'm pretty sure that went link 80 yards on the fly.

When do we get to see Mitchell?
    I still call it The Jake.

When do we get to see Mitchell?
    next week

I don't think TB12 would be doing any better right now.
    C’mon now.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    C’mon now.
    He has far and away the best receivers in the league and its not like he is lighting the stat sheet up week in and week out. But he is doing a lot better than I thought he would be at 43.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    They've got two plodders, an undersized pass-catching fullback, and a pretty good third down guy. At WR, they've got old, creaky Edelman and some total stiffs. There are just not any playmakers on the offense.

Newton has to carry that offense completely or they can't score points. That's a pretty tall ask for a guy who has been hurt a lot and had trouble finding a contract.

And the d isn't good enough to bail the offense out like last year. They'll be lucky to get their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs again. But Nick Foles won a Super Bowl on a team that was no better than this and he sucks at football. I guess that's why you keep scrapping and play out the season.
    Good take. I don’t know if you ever played fantasy football. The litmus test here for me is; would you start anyone on that team ? Cam Newton specifically is available in all 3 of my leagues. And JE is out of the circle of trust.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Good take. I don’t know if you ever played fantasy football. The litmus test here for me is; would you start anyone on that team ? Cam Newton specifically is available in all 3 of my leagues. And JE is out of the circle of trust.
    I'm a fan of the fantasy metric as well. I dropped Edelman today in the one league I had him. Other than that, I don't have a single patriots player on 10+ teams. I feel quite confident that every other team is represented.

Edelman usually lights up the Bills. Maybe you shoulda waited a week?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Browns - Eagles super bowl. I can see it now.
    I'd like to edit my reckless speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Lol. I bet he changes his mind if it's ATL with the #1 pick.

Lol. I bet he changes his mind if it's ATL with the #1 pick.
    If he spends a season or two as protege to Matt Ryan, that would be lethal. The kid is already gonna dominate physically but the beta he would get from that relationship would be unreal.

If he spends a season or two as protege to Matt Ryan, that would be lethal. The kid is already gonna dominate physically but the beta he would get from that relationship would be unreal.
    My thoughts exactly. Kind of like when Carson Palmer was drafted #1 by the Bungles and spent a year learning behind Gus Kitna.

Paid off.

While I think the Jets will do a fantastic job of ruining his career, I would still go into the draft if I were him. Get paid while you can. All it takes is one injury and it can all disappear. Get paid, don't resign, try to resurrect career elsewhere.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."