Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2263

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

Football ages men in different ways based on luck and circumstances. What TB has accomplished is just beyond explanation, and he is nearing he finish line. Whereas PM is hopefully just beginning, but has otherworldly skills as a QB. But he still has to put in the time which is not guaranteed. If he does, personal stat records will fall. Rings? Who knows.
    TB’s main skill is winning. Not always he prettiest thing to watch, but he has won at a legendary level that will be a high water mark for a long time I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I doubt Brady's 6+ rings is ever topped, but I do believe Mahomes ends up on the Mt Rushmore of the NFL, along with Brady, Rice and LT, when he hangs him up.
    Joe Montana and Jim Brown have something to say about your Mt Rushmore

Other than Brady, has there been a QB who has started the Super Bow for a team in both leagues?

These debates are fun. You could make a strong case Montana or Brown are among the 4 best of all time, it’s a reasonable take. I think someone gives up their seat when Mahomes is done. Flame away.

Maybe a few of our resident old fucks actually watched Jim Brown play. The rest of us are reliant on grainy YouTube highlight reels. That’s the hard part of comparing eras.

Speaking of old grainy highlight reels, remember Joe Namath was a running quarterback at Alabama, blew out his knee, and did OK in the NFL. Mahomes would do fine with that rubber band of an arm as a drop back passer.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0450.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	359644
    State Farm bringin the heat

I hope the NFL improves the super bowl viewing experience by replacing the coin toss with a Reid V. Arians sumo match.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0450.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	359644
    State Farm bringin the heat
    Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Joe Montana and Jim Brown have something to say about your Mt Rushmore
    Otto Graham has joined the chat.
    I still call it The Jake.

Nobody commenting on the Rams hatred of first round pics?

They must really, really dislike Goff.
    I still call it The Jake.

It will be interesting to see what Stafford can do with a mostly functional team

Danger, Russell, danger!

Having seen the lions twice a year forever, I don’t get the Stafford love. Guess we will see if it was Detroit or him.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Having seen the lions twice a year forever, I don’t get the Stafford love. Guess we will see if it was Detroit or him.
    Everyone is banking on the fact that it was the Lions holding him back.

You know how they learn how to count in Detroit right?

0-1
    0-2
    0-3

NFL 2020/2021

Love the trade for the Lions , I think they fleeced them, and they got a pretty good QB out of it too!

Stafford is a bit like Jay Cutler , nothing is ever perfect for him. He might of been held back in Detroit , but he’s 33. How many QBs make the elite jump in year 13? Not many

He’s a great option to get you to 9-7 though.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rams spent like they were getting Elway in his prime. Except they got Bledsoe at 34

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Love the trade for the Lions , I think they fleeced them, and they got a pretty good QB out of it too!

Stafford is a bit like Jay Cutler , nothing is ever perfect for him. He might of been held back in Detroit , but he’s 33. How many QBs make the elite jump in year 13? Not many

He’s a great option to get you to 9-7 though.
    Goff is a pretty good QB? All righty then.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Rams spent like they were getting Elway in his prime. Except they got Bledsoe at 34.
    One of those picks was probably just to get out from underneath Goff's horrendous contract.

Bledsoe is a good comp in terms of where he ranks among his peers. Cutler was a turd. I think the Rams paid one 1st for Stafford and one for the Lions to take Goff. His contract sucks.

Rams roster is very good an completely unsustainable. Going all in on a QB makes sense because in a couple years they will resemble the current Eagles.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Goff is a pretty good QB? All righty then.

One of those picks was probably just to get out from underneath Goff's horrendous contract.
    I’m pretty bullish on Goff , I don’t think 2018 was a fluke. Time will tell

When Goff broke out in 2018 McVay was making pre-snap reads for him through his headset. The coach-QB radio signal cuts off when the play clock drops below 15 seconds, which required them to get plays off very quickly on almost every down. Eventually everyone caught on. In the Super Bowl Belichick and Flores had a plan for this: They called two defenses on every down: one to show McVay/Goff, and one they'd switch into as the ball was snapped. This took McVay out of the equation. And Goff had his worst game of the year. They scored 3 points after averaging 33/game during the regular season.

Since then Goff has been mediocre despite being surrounded by good talent. The Rams went from having one of the best offenses in the NFL in 2018, to average in 2019, to bad in 2020. They paid a 1st rounder to dump his salary because he can't read defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    When Goff broke out in 2018 McVay was making pre-snap reads for him through his headset. The coach-QB radio signal cuts off when the play clock drops below 15 seconds, which required them to get plays off very quickly on almost every down. Eventually everyone caught on. In the Super Bowl Belichick and Flores had a plan for this: They called two defenses on every down: one to show McVay/Goff, and one they'd switch into as the ball was snapped. This took McVay out of the equation. And Goff had his worst game of the year. They scored 3 points after averaging 33/game during the regular season.

Since then Goff has been mediocre despite being surrounded by good talent. The Rams went from having one of the best offenses in the NFL in 2018, to average in 2019, to bad in 2020. They paid a 1st rounder to dump his salary because he can't read defenses.
    This dude predicted the future using this point

http://whodatzone.com/forums/index.p...presnap-reads/

NFL 2020/2021

Good read EWG . Funny how they mention DETROIT as a team that is paying a second tier QB big money.

It’s an odd scenario to make sense of - if you have an immobile QB who “can’t read defenses”, why do you rush to sign him to $134M extension ? They could have punted on that decision for another 3-4 years. I remember plenty of dart throws in 2018, hope he can get back into a groove in Detroit

I lol'd
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Man, watching the super bowl pregame stuff, this is nuts

https://apple.news/AQvNQyt43RRiNU7xL3y0G-w

Andy Reid’s son hit this family’s car leaving the stadium drunk Thursday. Maybe it’s been discussed. Pretty sad on many levels