Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 635

Thread: NFL 2020/2021

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,490
    What kind of watch was Odell wearing?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Ha! Feeling the exact same way Icemang.. 0 attention to any sports until.. today, really. And sure, I'm (kind of) excited to see what BB can do with Cam, but... no fans?? Artificial fake crowd noise that doesnt react situationally like a real crowd?? Stupid
    Agreed, so weird. btw the brother I mentioned was the one (Tony) you met at Gillette at the the lax NCAA's, he was all into the PLL this year but i just couldn't get fired up for it myself.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    21,752
    I still call it The Jake.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    First fucking game. How many days until the first locker room blow up?

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Is that Manziel? Looks kinda like Johnny.

    Also, I started the other thread that I threatened to start approximately 7 minutes into the 1st quarter of the first game of the season. Go Browns!!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    First fucking game. How many days until the first locker room blow up?
    What day is it today?

    Actually, Odell caught 3 passes. I’m sure everything will be fine.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    14,106
    Aaaah, it was nice to watch the Saints today. Now I know winter is on it's way.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    43,560
    Anybody get a No Fans Left text? I can't stand the NFL in it's present form, but I wish whoever is behind that bullshit would leave me alone. I hope they all get Covid.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,596
    Pretty stupid that they can't put some socially distanced fans in these gigantic stadiums, like KC did. I'm all for being safe but sometimes it just falls outside the realm of reason.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    6,239
    Those shots of fans in KC looked unsafe as fuck. Everyone had their faces uncovered and were hanging around too close to each other. Not to mention the concourses and refreshment lines, the bathrooms, etc.

    I can’t believe they let fans in some
    Stadiums and not others. Seems like an unfair advantage to the states that don’t give a shit about the safety of their citizens. I’d be pissed as a road team getting even a slight increase the chances of someone getting sick from having fans.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    10,218
    Amazing that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are calling the National Championship game (TB v. NO) during the week 1 telecast.

    So glad that Jamass is out of Tampa. I might be able to actually root for them.

    Love seeing The Raiders competitive!
    .
    “A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.”
    ― Milton Friedman

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Those shots of fans in KC looked unsafe as fuck. Everyone had their faces uncovered and were hanging around too close to each other. Not to mention the concourses and refreshment lines, the bathrooms, etc.

    I can’t believe they let fans in some
    Stadiums and not others. Seems like an unfair advantage to the states that don’t give a shit about the safety of their citizens. I’d be pissed as a road team getting even a slight increase the chances of someone getting sick from having fans.
    I didn't watch closely but in all the shots I saw they seemed to be all pretty well distanced in groups, which I assume came together. But I agree the inconsistency is ridiculous, which has pretty much been the story of the U.S. response to the pandemic.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,952

    NFL 2020/2021

    It’s really more about the bathrooms, concourse and refreshments IMO.

    What was completely ridiculous was the Florida State game. Those fans were right on top of one another. In fact, at one point, the announcers were talking about the safety measures in place and they show a shot of the fans, many without masks LOL.

    What about the inconsistencies in masks on the field? I saw Sean Payton barking in the face of some player with his gaiter down, then later he has it up. Some assistant coaches with masks, some without. What’s the point?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It’s really more about the bathrooms, concourse and refreshments IMO.

    What was completely ridiculous was the Florida State game. Those fans were right on top of one another. In fact, at one point, the announcers were talking about the safety measures in place and they show a shot of the fans, many without masks LOL.

    What about the inconsistencies in masks on the field? I saw Sean Payton barking in the face of some player with his gaiter down, then later he has it up. Some assistant coaches with masks, some without. What’s the point?
    Yeah, mask inconsistency is everywhere. Lots in the NBA playoffs too.

    I doubt the concourses, food lines, bathrooms, etc., are really a significant danger. Brief encounters have not been shown to be particularly risky situations. But sitting too close to somebody for a couple hours definitely is, especially if they're screaming like an idiot.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,952

    NFL 2020/2021

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, mask inconsistency is everywhere. Lots in the NBA playoffs too.

    I doubt the concourses, food lines, bathrooms, etc., are really a significant danger. Brief encounters have not been shown to be particularly risky situations. But sitting too close to somebody for a couple hours definitely is, especially if they're screaming like an idiot.
    A closed bathroom with poor ventilation isn’t a risky place?

    Agree about people screaming. Especially drunk screamers.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    43,560
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A closed bathroom with poor ventilation isn’t a risky place?

    Agree about people screaming. Especially drunk screamers.
    Once I was in an upper deck Yankee stadium bathroom around the seventh inning of a sold out playoff game, and I swear I was breathing urine mist.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    A closed bathroom with poor ventilation isn’t a risky place?
    Proximity + time is how I understand it. Sixty seconds next to a fellow pisser, while not ideal, is not likely to be a spreading situation, especially if both are masked. Studies show 15 minutes or more in proximity is a benchmark. In fact if you're exposed to a positive person for less than that amount of time, you often can't even get a test because they don't think it's likely you got infected.

    But anyway. These stadiums are colossal. They should let some season ticket holders in on a rotating basis or something. Plus friends and families. Rope off sections to keep them apart or whatever. It can be done safely.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    21,752
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    First fucking game. How many days until the first locker room blow up?
    My guess is not unless they lose to the Bengals on Thursday.

    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Is that Manziel? Looks kinda like Johnny.

    Also, I started the other thread that I threatened to start approximately 7 minutes into the 1st quarter of the first game of the season. Go Browns!!
    Surprisingly it was the only Browns QB facepalm I could find in a pinch.

    Checking into the other thread.


    ETA: is it me, or are there a higher number of missed kicks today? You have one job.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 09-13-2020 at 06:52 PM.
    I still call it The Jake.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    7,952

    NFL 2020/2021

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Proximity + time is how I understand it. Sixty seconds next to a fellow pisser, while not ideal, is not likely to be a spreading situation, especially if both are masked. Studies show 15 minutes or more in proximity is a benchmark. In fact if you're exposed to a positive person for less than that amount of time, you often can't even get a test because they don't think it's likely you got infected.

    But anyway. These stadiums are colossal. They should let some season ticket holders in on a rotating basis or something. Plus friends and families. Rope off sections to keep them apart or whatever. It can be done safely.
    Can the virus hang in the air of a poorly ventilated space for awhile?

    Yes, Benny, I’ve have that lovely experience in Yankee Stadium, as well as the NYC subway. Great way to wake up and go to work 🤮

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,490
    Jets should have just stayed in the locker room after national anthem.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,089

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Coast of the East Coast
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'd always thought of the Indians as more generic than a reference to a particular tribe but maybe I've missing something.
    They were supposedly named The Indians as a tribute to Louis Sockalexis, who was an amazing American Indian played in the late 1800's. He played for Holy Cross and Notre Dame too. As you can see in this article there is some debate about that though.
    https://beltmag.com/secret-history-c...SAAEgLzWfD_BwE

    Here is the Wiki about Louis Sockalexis:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Sockalexis

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,845
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My guess is not unless they lose to the Bengals on Thursday.
    It was a "L" but the Burrows fella looked pretty OK. Browns might have their hands full.

    PS: the Eagles...WTFWTFWTFWTF...this must be how Browns fans feel!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    21,752
    Yeah Burrow looked pretty decent for his first NFL game with no preseason. That said I think the Browns defensive rush will be too much for him.

    Fingers crossed.

    Re: Eagles fans, yes, if you take away your super bowl win and repeat that feeling year in and year out, it’s exactly the same.
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    2,338
    did the iggles lose their entire o line to injuries?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •