Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    When the tips rebounded did you get and extra rotation???
    Ha!! Not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwT_nzg9yKw

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Took the skis out today... so fun
    Attachment 326540

Whatever... it was a good day. Hope you all are finding your path to some good days during these challenging times too.
    That could be the cover of a ski magazine.

Wow
    . . .

I dream about a Head Monster 108 in 191 or 184, same gorgeous contruction, same mount point, same flat heel, same radius, just with the tip rocker profile of a 0G Bodacious.

Quote Originally Posted by east bear fr View Post
    I dream about a Head Monster 108 in 191 or 184, same gorgeous contruction, same mount point, same flat heel, same radius, just with the tip rocker profile of a 0G Bodacious.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post

Fast forward to the present, I have both the first gen SD105 202,second gen 187,and the CD114 bimboes edt. I can count my days on these with one hand each sadly, but those three skis, excellent in their own ways, cost me a fuckload less than just one pair of full customs, combined. The feel is obviously different, but given the full hindsight wisdom, I'd choose something in stock every day if the week.

/end patronizing spiel
    Very curious to hear more about the SD105 187, Arild. How do you feel they compare to Pro Riders? How much do they weigh?

Sadly, not that many days, but compared to LPs, a lot stiffer, about the same stability at speed, get deflected a touch more easily, but not really something I notice. The first gen 202s have no camber, making them super maneuverable, while second gen 187 actually have some decent camber to them, and this helps. For me, the 187s fill the role of my LP(192s), no question. I'll buy redundancy pairs.

Oh, and they're less willing to rail turns than the LPs, but that's only when I don't go fast enough. Really similar, but different,due to tapering. I want to say 45-4600 g/pair, but they are probably heavier. Lps are at 5000g/pair,I think.

Thanks, mate.

Mate... mad props.

That said... I grew up in the 80's & 90's. Skiing was really hard back then.

But now? this shit is insanely easy.

My dream ski? A 2013 4FRNT Renegade. I own it, but I lack the ability to buy another.

2020 has got to be the worst year in history to start a new ski company... or design. You're so far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I just want a modern pow ski at 210 cm

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    Yes

Practicaly speaking you need to make the ski & test ski it to find out if what you got is the right flex or a dud.

You are talking about a boutique ski which are expensive, I can find used skis sometimes with bindings & skins for half the price of what I would pay for a boutique ski

It may sound cool but I would rather buy a ski that some one else who knows what they are doing has designed/ tested/ built/ marketed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Mate... mad props.

That said... I grew up in the 80's & 90's. Skiing was really hard back then.

But now? this shit is insanely easy.

My dream ski? A 2013 4FRNT Renegade. I own it, but I lack the ability to buy another.

2020 has got to be the worst year in history to start a new ski company... or design. You're so far behind.
    Gaijin! Always have loved your Renegade Japow stoke.

Not sure if those comments were directed at my ski build or not. For clarification: my buddy built these skis for me for nothing. He and his wife have had a side business of supplying smaller ski companies with raw materials for years. So he has/had literally thousands of dollars of wood cores, base material, edges, sidewalls, epoxy, etc just sitting around in his ski work shop. The only custom, non-local part is the nylon topsheet that he sends out to another company to print and ship.

I tried to give Kam (the ski builder) some cash for the work and materials, but he wouldn’t take it of course.

Anyway: keep on posting those dream ski ideas. Love seeing everyone’s ideas!
    Last edited by DGamms; 04-29-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Ok, I'll play.

Apart from the already mooted slightly rockered Head Monster, I wouldn't mind a modified Pro Rider for travelling: 98mm underfoot, 185cm, slightly less camber. Make it 2200-2250gr, and I'd insert it for Pivots and ATK14s.

Not directed at you, DGamms. Just a general statement about how there are so many established ripping skis I honestly wouldn’t have the confidence to even try.

That said, the rumors of Reine prototyping a new LP105 has got my panties wet.