Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Last Dance

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    damn that was good
    I left mine on and the tats on the backs permanent
    I've read your prose for years and have restrained myself from asking for clarification but now I must,..... are you saying you have a bulls tattoo on your back, or symbolically asserting your stance to keep your Bulls sticker on your vehicle. And are you from Newfoudland? Who are the newfsy's?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I have a bulls tattoo on my back shoulder that was a bachelor party parting the windy city gift from my bros
    if youre ever in a seaside bar in croatia and the tony k fan is the tender
    drinks on the house
    conversely I was tending bar downtown at a joint called pina that was the old twirly toy building for the last dance season and wearing mikes jersey didn't help fill the tip jar
    the guy who at first called me a band wagon fan ended up being cool and leavin $20 on a couple drafts
    I aint newfs
    I just pick em as our furkids of choice

when mike says couda done 7
    I believe
    wife says media says 6 mil watched
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Fantastic dogs

So we did Roku/YOutubeTV / xfinity innernet 300MBPS terrabyte and it seems 2-3 times a week the "internet connection" on the roku just shits the bed, won't connect. So I just got through #9 last night.

Damn that Steve Kerr bit was awesome. The pressure to preform for MJ must have been off the fuckin charts. To do so in the biggest momment,...
    "Can't you see..."

I fast forwarded through the Steve Kerr bit. I was interested in the basketball. Some back story is good, but the ratio was out of whack.

By the end of this series, I just wanted it to get to the fucking point already. I thought all of the chrono jumping was really off-putting.

Contrast that to the Lakers/Celtics doc in ESPN, which had just as much backstory but much better flow. It was really just the intensity, charisma, and epic talent of MJ that made an otherwise flawed documentary as interesting as it was.

I don't follow B-ball but i couldnt figure out why was that portly little GM was so interested in firing the coach of a winning team pissing off MJ " the franchise" seemingly in advance ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

It was definitely in advance. Who knows, people are weird, I'm sure he had some explanation but I've never heard it. What's weirder to me is that Reinsdorf (the owner) went along with it. Guy's supposed to be a businessman. What puts more asses in seats, MJ or no MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It was definitely in advance. Who knows, people are weird, I'm sure he had some explanation but I've never heard it. What's weirder to me is that Reinsdorf (the owner) went along with it. Guy's supposed to be a businessman. What puts more asses in seats, MJ or no MJ?
    He tried, I think the portly fellow just ended up rubbing them the wrong way and they said eff it. MJ so wouldve come back for another year, so would the rest of em. 7 wouldve made it even better, but damn repeat threepeat

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I fast forwarded through the Steve Kerr bit. I was interested in the basketball. Some back story is good, but the ratio was out of whack.

By the end of this series, I just wanted it to get to the fucking point already. I thought all of the chrono jumping was really off-putting.

Contrast that to the Lakers/Celtics doc in ESPN, which had just as much backstory but much better flow. It was really just the intensity, charisma, and epic talent of MJ that made an otherwise flawed documentary as interesting as it was.
    i think i watched the celtics lakers doc
    but i dont remember 10 parts
    so im not sure how they could have crammed as much back story into way less time
    gus mattered to me and i didnt know that about kerrs dad
    or if many shared a flawed view things you gots goin on but id reccomend
    do not read the emerald mile its more than a story about a boat
    in non cronilogical order
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the fact he played thru & picked up your bar tab might be your first clue
    Got randomly paired with James Worthy in a twosome when I was in Maui back in February - he not only covered the drinks but had some incredible MJ stories to share.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i think i watched the celtics lakers doc
    but i dont remember 10 parts
    so im not sure how they could have crammed as much back story into way less time
    gus mattered to me and i didnt know that about kerrs dad
    or if many shared a flawed view things you gots goin on but id reccomend
    do not read the emerald mile its more than a story about a boat
    in non cronilogical order
    That's exactly my point. They managed to squeeze the backstory into 3 episodes.

Anyway, I really enjoyed both, and especially the fact that ESPN had several of the classic games available.

Larry Bird as a coach after they got knocked out by the Bulls walks up to Jordan and I forget the exact sequence but, "You Suck. Fuck you" or the reverse. And Jordan says something back about being able to practice his golf game now. That was gold!

It's funny how some have misinterpreted that Jordan / Bird exchange. It was Jordan who said "You bitch, fuck you!" and it was him paying respect to Bird for pushing his team that far against him.

Kind of the way you can call a close friend an asshole (or some other term) but it won't go over so well with a casual friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's funny how some have misinterpreted that Jordan / Bird exchange. It was Jordan who said "You bitch, fuck you!" and it was him paying respect to Bird for pushing his team that far against him.

Kind of the way you can call a close friend an asshole (or some other term) but it won't go over so well with a casual friend.
    Pull up a video of that. I don't recall it that way at all. But I agree with the fact that it was mutually friendly and mad respect going both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

watched it last night they were both smiling, it definaltey was a friendly thing

say what you will about the series or MJ the overwhemling thing that came thru for me is he did push everybody higher mostly himself and that wasnt always pretty
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

id taken more back story myself
    and im still not sold on the 5 guy funky pizza
    more tony k more ron harper but id watch 20 episodes
    im pretty sure Longly broke his leg surfing somewhere in dancing
    malones comments on the last 2 and documentary were classic karl
    sloan passed away today
    hellofa player coach and person
    rip jer

The Last Dance

I wanted to see the part where Scotty walked past Malone at the line, and said: “the mailman doesn’t deliver on Sundays”.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda