Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Schwalbe model names overlap and are particularly confusing. Find the tires that work for ya, then occasionally search for deals on those tires.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Thread drift ... are anyone's world's rides even going off? Ours hasn't been meeting.
    Groups rides are shut down in our town. All my riding has been solo or with my wife. My wife, an ARNP who is currently out on a 50 miler, has ridden a couple times with her friend.

Thread drift ... are anyone's world's rides even going off? Ours hasn't been meeting.
    what is a world's ride?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    what is a world's ride?
    Local, informal pick up road ride that is comprised of hammerheads and ex-racers where the objective is to beat each other into submission so that you can claim superiority and/or a Strava KOM.

comprised of hammerheads and ex-racers
    well, that right there would explain my obliviousness...lol

thx

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Schwalbe model names overlap and are particularly confusing. Find the tires that work for ya, then occasionally search for deals on those tires. .
    It should have been easy to order a maxxis DHRII but there was a page of them, it took me an hr to make sure i got the right tire
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Local, informal pick up road ride that is comprised of hammerheads and ex-racers where the objective is to beat each other into submission so that you can claim superiority and/or a Strava KOM.
    What's the payoff for winning a preemie sprint to the city limit sign or county line sign?

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    What's the payoff for winning a preemie sprint to the city limit sign or county line sign?
    Only tangible prize we ever had on our local worlds rides was the one that takes place every New Years day. It's always a cold ride (western NY). Rules are you have to be fixed (ss doesn't count) and you have to make it to the top of our iconic climb first. Roughly 10mins at 8%. Winner gets a cup of coffee from the ride organizer.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    @danpdx, do you have fenders on your caad10?
    Thinking about sks raceblades...
    Hey, how's it going? No fenders on mine, it only comes outside in the dry season. I get caught in a shower once in a while, but 97% of my riding on that bike is on dry pavement. The raceblades look like you'd get good coverage though.

My bike is in the shop right now getting a new bottom bracket, so I'm missing out on the nice weather this week

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Hey, how's it going? No fenders on mine, it only comes outside in the dry season. I get caught in a shower once in a while, but 97% of my riding on that bike is on dry pavement. The raceblades look like you'd get good coverage though.

My bike is in the shop right now getting a new bottom bracket, so I'm missing out on the nice weather this week
    Wipe it down when you get it back

The last couple years we went to a standard route and have a sprint point and climb, and even kept track of points in a spreadsheet for awhile, but it would pretty much be up to me or this other guy to actually get prizes and we haven't done that. But no, no group rides going right now. I'm not sure we'll be doing them at all this year.

One guy did a pretty nice thing- made an event where you had a couple days to ride a segment as like a "stage race" but not racing. He took in donations, spent it all on gift cards around town, and then distributed them to participants, just at random, not based on time. Raised something like $4500 and 130ish people did it.