Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best light weight Touring binding?

Im looking for ultralight and ability to ski aggressive pillows, airs and charging.

What are my options? Im replacing Dynafit beasts and already have Salomon Shifts for a heavy set up.

Im thinking:

Dynafit TLT radical
    G3 Ion or Zed
    Marker Alpinist
    Salomon Mtn

Anything else I should consider?

Any real world experience?

Thinking of mounting on Salomon QST 118 or 106, maybe Black Crows Ferox

Thanks for your input!!

For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

yeah. the tl;dr is the MTN of what you have listed, or look at one of the ATKs; the others you mentioned either have problems already or weigh more without any extra features or are made by marker.

Used ATk Freeraiders for years. They are sick bindings, costly but worth it. Rebranded as Hagan in the US I think.

Free Raider 14/2.0 or the newer version is good to go. All the features, and the stomp block under your heel to helpwith power transfer. And if you break them, you'll be the first person Ive ever heard of to do so.

I ski the ATK FR14 and the MTN. The MTN is really good, but the ATK is what you want for charging.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 04-18-2020 at 08:07 PM.

You're not the standard TGR hack and you have real mountains in which to play. Get the MTN. The Alpinist is also good. Whichever has the best deal will work for you.

Daiek skis the MTN.. that was enough for me although the atks look bomber as well.

I had a pretty pathetic injury shortened and then pandemic shortened winter so I barely got any days on the MTN this year and never skied anything remotely 'gnarly' but I did ski them quite a few days inbounds to test em out and they seem super solid.

aren't you a little old and washed up for huckin?

ATK R12/FR14 2020 with the stoppers at the heel.
    Nothing comes close, best weight chargeability ratio ...

Mainly commenting to say that this is one of the few topics that there is good consensus.

I have MTN’s. Hit a few 20+ foot drops on them this year and some larger pillow lines with no issues.

But I find myself very ATK curious. I’m hopeful I can grab a pair at some point.

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated! Picked up Hoji boots mid season but never was able to use them...Now looking to complete the set-up and be ready for next season

Im in Canada so the ATK or Hagan doesn't seem like its available. Am I wrong?

I was leaning towards the MTN. Good input! Thx Lee and thx Rip, Daiek and Cody's shredding videos definitely puts the MTN high on the list.

Appreciate the input on real world use Tailwind!

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    aren't you a little old and washed up for huckin?
    Wasn't claiming I was going to stomp it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    CP, I think one of the threads was stating that Black Diamond will be including the FR14 next season along with their current rebranded ATKs.

Does telemark pyranees not ship to CA? That seems to be where most people have been getting their ATKs.

And yeah sounds like Black Diamond will have a rebranded FR14 next year too:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Binding-Thread

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Did some reading- yes blk diamond will have an offering.

Can’t seem to find any availability online for MTN’s....

The Marker Apinist has some great covid savings...$350 cdn...is it worth it Lee?

MTN and ATK Trofeo Plus (BD Helio 180) ... great binders from all accounts, but I'm with @xxx-er on this one. I like adjustable release settings for both horizontal and vertical - not some predetermined set of fixed numbers (i.e. pick one: 4, 6, 8 or 10). That's one reason why the Alpinist is off my list as well.

If yer OK with this, then have at it

There was a time when I skied with non-releasable heels on my alpine rig (Marker long thongs with either a Marker Simplex toe or the Look Nevada), but these days ... not so much.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-19-2020 at 06:49 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I've got three pairs of Speed Superlite 2.0's (one pair is a hybrid with Speed Radical toes). I wouldn't want to replace than with any of the above bindings. But they all have their strengths and shortcomings. You need to read up. Or just get what's cheap.

Did some reading- yes blk diamond will have an offering.

Can’t seem to find any availability online for MTN’s....

The Marker Apinist has some great covid savings...$350 cdn...is it worth it Lee?
    C the Alpinist is reliable

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    There was a time when I skied with non-releasable heels on my alpine rig (Marker long thongs with either a Marker Simplex toe or the Look Nevada), but these days ... not so much.
    I've still got a set of NIB Look non-releasing turntables (the ones Killy used for SL and GS) if anyone wants them! About the same weight as a Trofeo Plus heel.

Thx for all the responses guys- ended up going with the Marker Alpinist 12 for now. Killer deal on them and LeeLau backed them up. Probably put on my early season skis for now. Still be looking to get a good deal later summer on some MTN's or ATK's for my main touring set-up. cheers!
    Last edited by teamdirt; 04-23-2020 at 06:47 PM.

not a bad choice, my understanding is theyve got some bsl adjustment in them, unlike the superlite 2's which i have(which are a good binding btw)

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

I've been hearing great things about the Ski Trab Vario 2.0.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

The ISPO video on those looked very cool. Someone posted it here somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best light weight Touring binding?

It’s in the 300 g thread. The cool thing is it’s one piece of, (Ti?), metal that loops around for both front jaws, allowing the pins to operate almost individually.
    Anyway:

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

that toe design is essentially unchanged from the earlier trab titans right? it’s pretty nifty, putting them on in sketchy places can be a touch interesting if you’re not so flexible I think tho. I have very much enjoyed my Gara Titans