Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has where you live made you question covid?

I think for a lot of folks, this is true. Sadly.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Question it?!?!?!

How did you get it to talk?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Question it?!?!?!

How did you get it to talk?
    Waterboarding.

Not at all. I know 6 families across 4 states who have had it, including 2 locals. In NH.
    Note: none could get a test

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Not at all. I know 6 families across 4 states who have had it, including 2 locals. In NH.
    Note: none could get a test
    Ya, if you go back to March 6th in this thread you'll see I was trying to get a test. And couldn't. In VT. Howdy neighbor.

If I lived in Ogden or new haven, I wouldn’t fear the rat flu. Things couldn’t possibly get worse
    . . .

This is what’s going on, culturally, in Trump country, and in the minds of the trumpy amongst us:

If you search #filmyourhospitals #emptyhospitals there’s a whole frightening world of these vids. I don’t know why you would search that, but somebody texted me the above video and I ended up watching some more.

It’s unsettling on many levels.

^^ I guess you could cross reference the case numbers for the locales of those hospitals. That at least seemed like it had real people in it. Where is everyone? Not legit question? Ive seen a couple videos where it had weird actors and more creepy vibe, I hear what you are saying.

On the 'where to live' concept' I've thought about it often over the last 10 years in terms of being paranoid of world disaster. Assuming food transport totally shut down.

I have had 3 strong options:

Hawaii: Low population on Big Island at least. Seems nice on the surface if already totally self contained with water and pigs and chickens and guns and strong relations with the locals. Could get ugly being stuck on Island forever... could get ugly in a lot of ways... Good fishing and hunting otherwise.

Central BC: Is my actual first pick if it came down to it. Long growing season, low population. Hard winter keeps a lot out. Long way form big cities. Rumor has it that the British Royal family has a a 500 acre chunk near Smithers just for times like this. XXX can you confirm? But you still have to deal with 'winter'

Currently in Alaska: Specifically Girdwood which is real close to Anchorage and a bunch of yahoos. If shit got real bad a lot would leave. Good grow season if you have the time to dry and can food etc. Lots of fish coming soon which I plan on getting after this summer for the first time in a long time. Getting a smoker today actually. Low population numbers in general and a certain small town comradery (which is present in many small towns nationally obviously)

We get a lot of dreary rain and dark, not the best.

Thank god summer is right around corner. I think in the end small town anywhere is better then big city

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post

Central BC: Is my actual first pick if it came down to it. Long growing season, low population. Hard winter keeps a lot out. Long way form big cities. Rumor has it that the British Royal family has a a 500 acre chunk near Smithers just for times like this. XXX can you confirm? But you still have to deal with 'winter' m
    I have NEVER heard the ^^ royal conspiracy theory but it might be a good one to start, definalty the remoteness keeps the riff-raff out

and in

hope the fam is well,

still got that place on the street that rhymes with Vagina ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Ogden would actually be one of the best places to live right now. Great mountain biking out your door and a quick drive to Snowbasin or Pow Mow for some skiing.

Hey, ill advised, that’s a 12 minute video. Not doin it.
    Any 15-30 second section where something interesting might happen?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Hey, ill advised, that’s a 12 minute video. Not doin it.
    Any 15-30 second section where something interesting might happen?
    It’s just an angry Ohio guy driving around to hospitals and emergency sites ranting about how it’s all empty so it must be a hoax because the shit was supposed to hit the fan...so because there’s no chaos and lines of people dying outside the hospital it must not be real.

Working construction in montana, which is firmly trump territory, you would believe it's all made up and the way our president has handled this is nothing short of heroic. Fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    ^^ I guess you could cross reference the case numbers for the locales of those hospitals. That at least seemed like it had real people in it. Where is everyone? Not legit question? Ive seen a couple videos where it had weird actors and more creepy vibe, I hear what you are saying.

On the 'where to live' concept' I've thought about it often over the last 10 years in terms of being paranoid of world disaster. Assuming food transport totally shut down.

I have had 3 strong options:

Hawaii: Low population on Big Island at least. Seems nice on the surface if already totally self contained with water and pigs and chickens and guns and strong relations with the locals. Could get ugly being stuck on Island forever... could get ugly in a lot of ways... Good fishing and hunting otherwise.

Central BC: Is my actual first pick if it came down to it. Long growing season, low population. Hard winter keeps a lot out. Long way form big cities. Rumor has it that the British Royal family has a a 500 acre chunk near Smithers just for times like this. XXX can you confirm? But you still have to deal with 'winter'

Currently in Alaska: Specifically Girdwood which is real close to Anchorage and a bunch of yahoos. If shit got real bad a lot would leave. Good grow season if you have the time to dry and can food etc. Lots of fish coming soon which I plan on getting after this summer for the first time in a long time. Getting a smoker today actually. Low population numbers in general and a certain small town comradery (which is present in many small towns nationally obviously)

We get a lot of dreary rain and dark, not the best.

Thank god summer is right around corner. I think in the end small town anywhere is better then big city
    Shit goes down hard, Big Island locals be cooking Kalua Haole.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Working construction in montana, which is firmly trump territory, you would believe it's all made up and the way our president has handled this is nothing short of heroic. Fuck me.
    The Trumptards be trying this shit in Northern Nevada and meeting a wall of resistance and ridicule in the newspaper facebook pages.

At the local rental shop yesterday nobody except me wearing a mask. One of the employees had his kid running around helping.

IMC, UMC, PCMC, and St Marks ED’s are all empty here in SLC. Doesn’t mean the virus is a hoax, just means it’s not hitting here like it is in some places. That also doesn’t mean what’s happening in NYC isn’t real either. They’ve had a hell of a time. It doesn’t help that initial estimates of what was going to happen were way high. Now everyone thinks they’re an expert in epidemiology and one half is screaming “put a fucking mask on we’re all gonna die!” and the other half is screaming “this is all a hoax go back to work!” And they’re both wrong. Anyone who questions whether this is real or not is a special kind of stupid. And the next person who uses the phrases “new normal” or “in times like these” to me is getting punched in the mouth. Now excuse me I’m going on a ride and then day drinking. Good day.

Name:  Troll.jpeg
Views: 4547
Size:  102.2 KB

What I get out of the empty emergency rooms is the virus has not hit and may not hit if people follow reasonable instructions.
    The fact the emergency rooms are empty could also show that all all the hypochondriacs that go to emerg for every f@ckin' thing under the sun are finally staying home and dealing with their sniffles like they should in the first place. Or they're afraid of catching the covid and staying home too, win/win.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    What I get out of the empty emergency rooms is the virus has not hit and may not hit if people follow reasonable instructions.
    The fact the emergency rooms are empty could also show that all all the hypochondriacs that go to emerg for every f@ckin' thing under the sun are finally staying home and dealing with their sniffles like they should in the first place. Or they're afraid of catching the covid and staying home too, win/win.
    Yep, definitely a win win. Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Ha. My wife's friend is a nurse at our small town hospital. She pretty much said the same thing. (Not a comment on whether or not retards believe this is a hoax...)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    IMC, UMC, PCMC, and St Marks ED’s are all empty here in SLC. Doesn’t mean the virus is a hoax, just means it’s not hitting here like it is in some places. That also doesn’t mean what’s happening in NYC isn’t real either. They’ve had a hell of a time. It doesn’t help that initial estimates of what was going to happen were way high. Now everyone thinks they’re an expert in epidemiology and one half is screaming “put a fucking mask on we’re all gonna die!” and the other half is screaming “this is all a hoax go back to work!” And they’re both wrong. Anyone who questions whether this is real or not is a special kind of stupid. And the next person who uses the phrases “new normal” or “in times like these” to me is getting punched in the mouth. Now excuse me I’m going on a ride and then day drinking. Good day.
    I can get you that certification. Just send a self addressed stamped envelope with $200 to....Name:  FB EXPERT.jpg
Views: 2746
Size:  19.5 KB

The worst part of all this shit is people. I have been following the guidelines plus some, staying at home. But Friday night I go the sev to get a snickers and get attacked by some drunk asshole road raging as I'm sitting in my car putting my mask on. I still got my seatbelt fastened and this Neanderthal is pummeling me, making it rather difficult to do much of anything but block and parry the blows. He was a big thick boned mofo, too. I took a couple blows to the head that glanced off my forearms but that didn't bother me as much as having physical contact with some drunk asshole. Didn't have much time to react but, in my usual sizing up I do in situations like this, my first thought was, "I'm not sure I can front kick through this monster's shin if I can get out of this car." He jumped in his car and split when the cashier came out screaming after she'd dialed 911. Fuck. 30 years since someone's gotten a lick in on me by connecting and it just has to happen during this shit. What surprised me the most was that my fucking arms were numb from all the blows they took that were intended for my face.

It’s now full traffic, full normal, Michigan free for all, except there’s a cop protecting and serving by making sure we can’t get near our favorite surf spot in a closed city park.

Coooool.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s now full traffic, full normal, Michigan free for all, except there’s a cop protecting and serving by making sure we can’t get near our favorite surf spot in a closed city park.

Coooool.
    Noticeably more traffic downstate too.

What I observed is the first few days the streets were empty.... it’s been getting progressively busier about town since then.