Lange boot vs. AT boot

If I like a snug fit in Lange RX boot, what brand and model AT boots might I like?
    More cowbell!!!

XT?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

/thread

But seriously, read up on the Hawx Ultra XTD & the Zero G Guide Pro if you're looking for a bit lighter, but still retaining nice, snug heels/ankles.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-17-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

if you have a lange foot try the lange at boot

my buddy the long time ex-racer has been buying his langes on-line to get the racer deal for > 10yrs

buddy sez he was able to also buy the lange AT boots on-line and they fit the same
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    If I like a snug fit in Lange RX boot, what brand and model AT boots might I like?
    It depends on what sort of touring you're talking about.

It's not just fit out of the box, you also have to consider weight, range of motion in tour mode, ease of transition, etc. I spend a lot of time in Langes for lift-served, both the RS 130 and the XT Free 130 LV, and the last is the same. If you're doing long days or multi-day touring, though, Lange doesn't offer a lighter (under 1500 grams) boot with a big range of cuff mobility (even the new XT3 isn't a pure touring boot and will weigh somewhere in the 1700 gram range).

For mid-weight options I've been happy with both the Hawx Ultra 130 XTD and the Zero G Tour Pro. For lighter touring boots, I have been using the Backland Carbon and new Dalbello Quantum Asolo Factory. If you're in the regular 100mm RX now and it's "snug" you'll need the help of a good bootfitter to get some of these boots to work.