Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Huff glue much? Yeah, thought so.

Anyway, I'm very very thankful I live where I do and not Smithers.
    and we just want you to be happy Gary
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    Other than visiting on vacation I’m curious what the appeal of Italy is. Their healthcare system was overrun worse than USA, they suffer integrating migrants in southern Italy worse than us does and their economic prospects are dim.
    I supposed as a retired guy, sure. However, I wouldn’t want to move and try to make a go and raise a family their anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, no. You wouldn't get a decent job. But it's a nice place for families.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Yes. I live in a country where the leader can close down a pandemic team, "fuck the pooch"
    on responding to a pandemic, then lie about his actions and punish the world organization for health??!! Yes, I want to move outta this fuct country about now...Hows Switzerland now?
    Tough one to immigrate to without some Swiss parentage or shit ton of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    and we just want you to be happy Gary
    Now you're talking Al, I was wondering if you'd get to my post

Hope you guys are all doing ok on the other side of the Howsens. May have to get the bike out and go for a cruise out your way. Social distance beers at Laurie and Bills?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Pretty damn happy I moved to rural Vermont from Boston a few years ago.

I can’t imagine going through this in the tiny apartment we used to be in that’s now in the middle of a hot zone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Hope you guys are all doing ok on the other side of the Howsens. May have to get the bike out and go for a cruise out your way. Social distance beers at Laurie and Bills?
    yeah life is pretty ok, if I could just buy me a knee for love or money ! I think it still works for beer and bikes !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    moms in Chicago in a nursing home where a worker has tested positive
    ive been sending her pictures from the river
    to cheer her up
    she loves the rivers out west
    she says were blessed to have moved and live where we do
    the state averages 620 death by suicides a year
    right now coviod has taken 23
    seems like we have as big as a mental health problem as we do pandemic
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I moved to Boston from Seattle last fall for a job and have not been very happy with the move so far. Covid feels like the nail in the coffin for me wanting to move back to the west coast even though the suburban rental house we have is a pretty good place to be stuck as it’s right on a park with walking trails.

You can’t beat summer in the Cape
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I moved to Boston from Seattle last fall for a job and have not been very happy with the move so far. Covid feels like the nail in the coffin for me wanting to move back to the west coast even though the suburban rental house we have is a pretty good place to be stuck as it’s right on a park with walking trails.
    How many Ogden's?

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    You can’t beat summer in the Cape
    Summer on the cape starting soon but we have snow today.

I live in Durango and it’s pretty easy to follow the “recreate close to home” rule. I have hundreds of miles of singletrack within a few minutes of riding out my driveway.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had so many April miles as I have during c19. Despite all the sadness and uncertainty, I’ve been pretty stoked.

So glad I don’t live anywhere else.

My wife and I have moved nine times in our 33 years together (27 married). We're restless people, but I'm done moving, the last one almost killed us. If I'm moving from this place it's when they roll me out the door feet first.

I miss the ocean, though. A little getaway place in the keys before it gets covered up by water is in the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    My wife and I have moved nine times in our 33 years together (27 married). We're restless people, but I'm done moving, the last one almost killed us. If I'm moving from this place it's when they roll me out the door feet first.

I miss the ocean, though. A little getaway place in the keys before it gets covered up by water is in the plan.
    Make sure then that you die with your feet facing the door or that there is enough room to turn the stretcher around. And make sure to write up a directive that stipulates feet first.

Nowhere I’d rather be. Took me a a couple years to realize that, but I love it here. The current situation has further reinforced that feeling.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Definitely where I want to be, we have a few acres, but access to lots of trails and recreational fields to help keep sane. At the same time, cities and legit hospitals are in easy driving distance (and local). It's a good balance.
    I feel fro the apartment dwellers in this, even our house and land is feeling small to the kiddos right now.

Nope
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	325685

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    moms in Chicago in a nursing home where a worker has tested positive
    ive been sending her pictures from the river
    to cheer her up
    she loves the rivers out west
    she says were blessed to have moved and live where we do
    the state averages 620 death by suicides a year
    right now coviod has taken 23
    seems like we have as big as a mental health problem as we do pandemic
    My mom is in lockdown at her senior retirement home (independent living combined with an assisted living section). Up until about a week ago I could visit her but now they've totally locked down and I have to drop off groceries at the front door for the staff to take to her. It's a bit unnerving but so far we've remained low on positive cases most of which are from the Tyson plant in the western part of the county.

Virtual hugs to your mom and everyone's parents locked away out of reach.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Nope

Name:	IMG_1361.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	325685

Name:	whipski.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	783.3 KB 
ID:	325686
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

We've been looking for other places to move for years but keep coming back to the fact that we like it here more. We've got great trails right out our door, down the street from a few ski areas, get decent snow on a regular basis. Summer aren't too hot, and winters are long just like we like em. We've even got a nice lake, although it is too cold to swim in. Also, we are only 1.5 hrs to the airport, and Denver for city shit when we need it. Within 3 hrs any direction we have a metric shitton of outdoor options too. Only thing missing is the ocean, but I'm willing to give that up or travel for it.

Sure, there's a lot of tourists, but maybe I've been here long enough, they don't really bother me as much, we also know how to avoid them pretty well.

As far as Covid, the only thing it's really taken away is air travel and the ski areas are closed. I could go backcountry skiing from my house if I wanted, but I've been road biking more lately. We'll see how it affects the economy up here, but I'm predicting that it all comes back sooner than later. In the meantime I'm enjoying the slower pace.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    This is the nicest time of year on the OP (everything blooming!), and mud season in the mtns...Maybe I’m wrong, but I have a feeling you might like Aspen better than the OP in December.
    For sure! We usually come up for a long weekend in April/May each year, and try to see some Spring. This timing has been pretty awesome, especially while aspen has been pretty wet and shitty. In Dec it’s always a surprise how dark it is in WA and how cold the humidity feels; 25F here feels way colder than 10F in CO. I guess my 22years in the 206 is really out of my system...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nope, because once there's a widely-available vaccine and therapeutic treatment, the world isn't going to be significantly different than it was four months ago. It'll take a bit of time, but things will indeed return to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It'll take a bit of time, but things will indeed return to normal.
    Not sure I would call the World normal and now after the huge collective shit in the bed from bailing everything and one out, I am uncertain how much longer this "Normal" country will stay afloat. I am uncertain I can buy enough ammo for the coming zombie apocalypse.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Covid has not make me question where I live, but losing everything we owned in the fire2 1/2 years ago did. Wife and I thought long and hard about it but both decide we live here for a reason, and that reason hasn't changed, even with the virus.

Southern California is just about the perfect place to live IMO. A bit too crowded, but we're north enough of LAthat is fine. I have always taken full advantage of all the recreation options here, so no change with the virus other rhen I can't use them as much. Beaches, mountains, deserts, with series, fresh produce year round, nearly perfect weather. Nope, not leaving anytime soon. It would be nice if Mammoth was a bit closer, but the drive is tolerable. As much as I love the mountains, they are great to visit, but I prefer to live at the beach.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Not sure I would call the World normal and now after the huge collective shit in the bed from bailing everything and one out, I am uncertain how much longer this "Normal" country will stay afloat. I am uncertain I can buy enough ammo for the coming zombie apocalypse.
    Sounds like you should post more frequently in the other CoVid threads in the Padded Room.

I didn't say the world was normal now, I said it will return to normal sooner than later. It always does.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Covid has not make me question where I live, but losing everything we owned in the fire2 1/2 years ago did. Wife and I thought long and hard about it but both decide we live here for a reason, and that reason hasn't changed, even with the virus.

Southern California is just about the perfect place to live IMO. A bit too crowded, but we're north enough of LAthat is fine. I have always taken full advantage of all the recreation options here, so no change with the virus other rhen I can't use them as much. Beaches, mountains, deserts, with series, fresh produce year round, nearly perfect weather. Nope, not leaving anytime soon. It would be nice if Mammoth was a bit closer, but the drive is tolerable. As much as I love the mountains, they are great to visit, but I prefer to live at the beach.
    Born and grew up in Southern California, went to school there and lived there for 35 years total before moving to Northern California. People always assume we moved away because we hated it and it was terrible, and that couldn't be further from the truth. They're surprised that we loved it, and will never say anything bad about it. We just decided it was time to check somewhere else out.