Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ikon Pushback? $50 Discount?

OK, all you social warriors, arm your keyboards and point them towards Ikon.

We lost at least 1/3 of the season, March 10 to April 14, yet the Ikon overlords are offering a 10% discount.

Go ahead and rail against the AK heli ops, but the Ikonoklastic financial buggery of the hoi polloi is magnitudes greater.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Class action lawsuit against the Ikon overlords? Make it happen, Danno!!!!

I believe there are two threads addressing that already but the AK Heli thread is definitely missing you carrying the Brill's water.

do we really need this many threads on Ikon?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I bet that's a bigger discount than most resorts will offer 19-20 passholders on a 20-21 pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What else do you have to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I believe there are two threads addressing that already but the AK Heli thread is definitely missing you carrying the Brill's water.
    Nice contentless personal attack there.

I haven't bothered to read the SMG contract or any of the AK heli other contracts.

The Brills have done right by me and my family and I respect the way they run their business in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Links please and I'll delete this one.

I was saving my Snowbird days until after the Park City resorts closed.I usually spend days at the Bird until Memorial Day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

"She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m not sure about next season.

If this is like any other flu it returns next winter.

Who’s booking airline tickets and buying season passes early?

Fuck the “savings”. I’ll wait and pay a little more if and when I know they will be open.

By August we’ll have a better idea of what’s going to happen next winter
    . . .

If nothing else, it's noteworthy that the overlords bets on personal bickering occluding the public trust are holding.

awaiting deletion....

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    If nothing else, it's noteworthy that the overlords bets on personal bickering occluding the public trust are holding.
    people bicker because they disagree or because they're drunk and trolling on the internet in the middle of the day. not because a ski company wants them to fight.
    alterra is a business like any other, with tough choices to make.

since you started a duplicate thread about the buggery of the hoi polloi, maybe you should state what you think should happen. or just wait until fall to buy a pass and accept that it's a good deal even at full price. it's April. they'll announce further changes if they have to.

Ikon's Facebook page is full of angry passholders complaining about all the same topics we've explored here -- no partial refund for 2019-20 (even if you never used your pass), no assurances of future refund or credit for 2020-21 if nothing opens, complaining that the $50/100 increased discount for renewal is insufficient, etc.

Personally, I'd buy a renewal pass now, if it included insurance providing a full refund of the 2020-2021 pass if ski areas don't open. Without that, I'll wait and see for awhile... possibly buy in late May, possibly skip it for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

You know what they say, "vote with your wallet." And it probably doesn't hurt to send a short little email back to the Alterra crew;

$50? Are you KIDDING me!?

Sincerely, Joe/Jane Blow Maggot
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Just tell them that you are more likely invest next season's pass $$$ into backcountry gear, especially when the future is very uncertain regarding Covid-19.

Let them sweat it out while they run it up the corporate ladder.

Ikon, and all the resorts that closed early don't owe season pass holders shit IMO. This is starting to sound like the people at Snowbowl crying for a refund after the lift broke down 3/4 into the day.

Full refund insurance on 20-21 passes makes sense right now.

If buster deletes the thread will my post count decrease by 1? That's all I really want to know

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Ikon, and all the resorts that closed early don't owe season pass holders shit IMO. This is starting to sound like the people at Snowbowl crying for a refund after the lift broke down 3/4 into the day.

Full refund insurance on 20-21 passes makes sense right now.

If buster deletes the thread will my post count decrease by 1? That's all I really want to know
    No shit. Totally agree. Does it suck, of course, but the sense of entitlement is impressive. If someone didn't get their money's worth by mid-March, thats their own damn fault.

it ain't that hard.... if the little guys can do it, the big guys should be able to handle this shit as well.

https://magicmtn.com/passes-cards/

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    it ain't that hard.... if the little guys can do it, the big guys should be able to handle this shit as well.

Agreed. That's a good gesture for next years passes.

I'm entitled to be entitled.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Are they even open on weekdays? Then there's the lack of snow factor...

thursdays and fridays are midweek days if I'm not mistaken...... I think you're just afraid of the internet tough guys that ski there.

what's amazing about that is it doesn't really offer THAT much assurance, but is probably what it would take for people to be all in.

I mean, the full refund (and note it only says "credit" and not "refund") only comes if the govt closes the the ski area "for the season before our 20/21 opening day due to COVID-19". Full closure after opening day and they don't have to provide full credit. Heck, I could even argue that this doesn't apply if the govt has a closure order but it's not initially for the whole season. And then "some" partial credit if the season is shut down "before February 1, 2021", but no indication how that will be factored in.

There is a metric (for you canadians, eh) shitton of wiggle room in those guarantees. But they still probably offer enough comfort for people to pull the trigger.