Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,873

    Social Distancing Beards

    Some of you have had social distancing beards forever, I'm looking at you mikey.

    But who else is growing a rat's nest while stuck at home? If this keeps up, I'm going to be able to hide a sammich in mine before long.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Some of you have had social distancing beards forever, I'm looking at you mikey.

    But who else is growing a rat's nest while stuck at home? If this keeps up, I'm going to be able to hide a sammich in mine before long.
    I am in Mikey's category. Carry on.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,586
    I had to tame everything with a #2 a couple weeks back when the hairs on my upper lip start annoying my nose. It's getting about that time again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,873
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I had to tame everything with a #2 a couple weeks back when the hairs on my upper lip start annoying my nose. It's getting about that time again.
    I have done a little lip trimming, but the rest is going wild. Also makes me look much older than my already advanced years, as the beard is mostly white.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,307
    On week 6 - no clean up either - letting it birdsnest out.

    Mrs. P-Dawg less then amused.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have done a little lip trimming, but the rest is going wild. Also makes me look much older than my already advanced years, as the beard is mostly white.
    Yeah, glad my head doesn't have the same amount of grey proportionally that is on my beard. That said, I am going to shave my head just as soon as I get enough motivation to go upstairs and get the trimmer. Been a week so far and not yet.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane/Schweitzer
    Posts
    6,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have done a little lip trimming, but the rest is going wild. Also makes me look much older than my already advanced years, as the beard is mostly white.
    Last time I grew a beard for even just a couple of weeks, we were over in Glacier. What I discovered is that, even though my hair is still blond, my beard has decidedly taken a turn for the pure white. That was the end of that. I look old enough already, I didn't feel the need to enhance my elderly appearance. No-go for me with a pandemic beard.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shuswap Highlands
    Posts
    3,548
    My daughter is anxiously waiting to be able to braid mine in another week or two. It has been a couple of years since it has been this full.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,923
    Anyone catch Justin Trudeau lately? He's looking kinda woolly. LOL!

    Name:  jt.png
Views: 2429
Size:  148.6 KB
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In Your Wife
    Posts
    8,289
    I have to grow my beard out to distract from the fact that my back hair has grown out to the point that it is now seamlessly integrated with the hair on the back of my head.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,135
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I have to grow my beard out to distract from the fact that my back hair has grown out to the point that it is now seamlessly integrated with the hair on the back of my head.
    Name:  pp,550x550.u4.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  33.9 KB

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In Your Wife
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Name:  pp,550x550.u4.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  33.9 KB
    That's closer to reality than you care to know. I think it's about time the popped collar came back into style...

    I bet I still have a Lacoste polo or three from my prep school days kicking around.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Among Greatness All Around
    Posts
    5,971
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Anyone catch Justin Trudeau lately? He's looking kinda woolly. LOL!

    Name:  jt.png
Views: 2429
Size:  148.6 KB
    When you are dealing with Covid 19 infection with his wife, probably not the highest priority to shave. Other than beards can be a problem for safe mask fitting and all.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,890
    Checking in. Haven't trimmed mine in like 6 weeks. I stand in shaggy solidarity with my stylist. Free the stylists!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    7,356
    I might have to trim my face flat for the time being. Wearing a mask while breathing, sweating into my beard is mostly unbearable. Plus my beard trim guy is out of service and I'm not really highly evolved like some of you so my beard goes full gorilla/face pelt fast without regular attention from a pro.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,204
    I usually have a large and imposing beard...cut it off at the start of stay at home. A lot easier to avoid touching my face without twisting my stash or pontification beard stroking. Haven't shaved for four weeks and it's probably an average beard again...like what most of you 16 year olds are growing.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    4,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I usually have a large and imposing beard...cut it off at the start of stay at home. A lot easier to avoid touching my face without twisting my stash or pontification beard stroking. Haven't shaved for four weeks and it's probably an average beard again...like what most of you 16 year olds are growing.
    I also shaved my beard of at least 8 years at the start of stay at home, but I've kept shaving it. I'll probably grow tired of shaving here shortly and let it grow back or at least the stache.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,820
    I had a trimming accident last week and went with a goatee as the wife wouldn't approve of a mustache. It works but I will probably go back to a beard soon as I am too lazy to shave.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,204
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I also shaved my beard of at least 8 years at the start of stay at home, but I've kept shaving it. I'll probably grow tired of shaving here shortly and let it grow back or at least the stache.
    That's funny. I hadn't shaved in 7-8 years too. I had one new razor blade in the house that I kept for emergencies...like courts appearances or shaving my nuts for a vasectomy. Now I'm down to no new razor blades.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,943
    So you got yor tubes tied?
    watch out for snakes

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,204
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    So you got yor tubes tied?
    Was planning on it this year but punting for awhile. Shaved my beard instead.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,943
    Good move to stay out of the hospitals just now.

    Most are kicking the elective stuff down the road any way.
    watch out for snakes

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,216
    shorn season for me is +/- april fools day thru labor day...sort of the opposite of deer growing/losing their racks

    beard is great for cold days, but meh for hot ones

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,699
    Used my beard trimmer when I started wearing a mask and I'll keep it trimmed for a bit. Now if I could convince my partner to give me a hair cut I wouldn't look like a crazy person.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    3,175
    In 20 years my wife has still never seen my chin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •