Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I had a dream last night that I went to the airport and there was a COVID-10 checkpoint everyone had to go through in addition to normal security.
    I had the same dream but the only airline was named Trump Air and just Asians and people of color had to get scanned.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Local news (Nevada) has had a couple stories about excess inventory from meat suppliers, due to restaurants not buying nearly what they used to. So it's been the opposite of shortages.

Maybe Benny's food all comes prepackaged from Smithfield or Tyson industrial plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Over regulation was a power grab by the Corporations and unions to shut down the little guys. They can't afford to pay for the inspections.
    You should try sticking to topics you know something about. USDA inspection is paid for by the government with tax dollars. Inspection was implemented over 100 years ago because the big guys of the day in the industry (Hormel et al.) were completely untrustworthy and were making people sick, both consumers and workers, not as a power play by Corporations. Corporations have fought inspection all the way down the line to the present day. JBS, Smithfield, Tyson etc. don't give a fuck if some local butcher has a little slaughterhouse, it's irrelevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You should try sticking to topics you know something about. USDA inspection is paid for by the government with tax dollars. Inspection was implemented over 100 years ago because the big guys of the day in the industry (Hormel et al.) were completely untrustworthy and were making people sick, both consumers and workers, not as a power play by Corporations. Corporations have fought inspection all the way down the line to the present day. JBS, Smithfield, Tyson etc. don't give a fuck if some local butcher has a little slaughterhouse, it's irrelevant to them.
    What was the book? the Jungle, By Upton Sinclair? Yeah...read that one...scary

Was their a sequel to Contagion? They kinda nailed the societal collapse part, maybe the writer knows what to do next as well

You should try sticking to topics you know something about.
    Hold on iceman, I don't think this was ever a prerequisite to posting in TGR.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What was the book? the Jungle, By Upton Sinclair? Yeah...read that one...scary
    Always knew about that book but never read it until a year ago.
    It’s so much more than slaughterhouse. It’s an interesting snapshot of Victorian Chicago.
    And life without any safety nets for the poor or unemployed.
    . . .

Welcome to 100 years ago!

Because we all know the USDA, EPA, FDA, ETC. are not loaded up with Corporate shills.

They do care, and the unions care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Shit dude. Wings are still cheap as fuck around here. Plenty on the shelf, boosting bunny’s theory.
    Well I'm telling you what I see here and it's really expensive meat that is of dubious quality especially towards the end of the day. When the plants in eastern PA that send 60% of the meat into the tri-state region went down things got bad quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Local news (Nevada) has had a couple stories about excess inventory from meat suppliers, due to restaurants not buying nearly what they used to. So it's been the opposite of shortages.

Maybe Benny's food all comes prepackaged from Smithfield or Tyson industrial plants.
    I'd say that half the products in the markets now are commercial pack not retail. It's all plain packaging with minimal labels, a lot of the time the labels don't have the nutrition label that's required for retail sale but at least the product is more available than it would be otherwise although it's likely frozen not fresh. The same has happened with paper products, there's very little if any name brand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well I'm telling you what I see here and it's really expensive meat that is of dubious quality especially towards the end of the day. When the plants in eastern PA that send 60% of the meat into the tri-state region went down things got bad quickly.

I'd say that half the products in the markets now are commercial pack not retail. It's all plain packaging with minimal labels, a lot of the time the labels don't have the nutrition label that's required for retail sale but at least the product is more available than it would be otherwise although it's likely frozen not fresh. The same has happened with paper products, there's very little if any name brand stuff.
    in terms of paper products I think the plants adjusted. My local grocer (shop Rite) was so stocked with Scott toilet paper and various paper towel products that they had them all over the damned store.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Restaurants get most of the good cuts in prime and choice, so yeah, in theory there should be more of the good stuff floating around.

we got the local town butcher shop its been relly sucessful, he gets all his beef locally so I asked the owner what the Listeriosus scare did for his shop and he said it doubled his ground beef sales overnight

there is quite a local food movement like the 100 mile diet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we got the local town butcher shop its been relly sucessful, he gets all his beef locally so I asked the owner what the Listeriosus scare did for his shop and he said it doubled his ground beef sales overnight

there is quite a local food movement like the 100 mile diet

Taste better than pink slim too!