Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    ain't gotta worry bout nobody boagartin' my joint no more? I'm in!

I saw a headline here that they euthanized a million chickens on the eastern shore in Maryland but I couldn't bring myself to read the article. Same shit I'm sure, nobody there to process them or ship them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I saw a headline here that they euthanized a million chickens on the eastern shore in Maryland but I couldn't bring myself to read the article. Same shit I'm sure, nobody there to process them or ship them.
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but, the chicken wing market has totally collapsed. And I'm pretty sure the nugget market is in very bad shape. This is what happens when you close all the restaraunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but, the chicken wing market has totally collapsed. And I'm pretty sure the nugget market is in very bad shape. This is what happens when you close all the sports.
    FIFY.

Well, yeah, that too.

Nacho farming must suck right now.

I would wager that 80% of the time people eat wings, they are watching sports.

thats cuz the only time they are stupid enough to eat the part of the chicken with no meat is when they are a few beers in
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This. Anyone without their head in the sand realizes a million families across the usa, and the globe, went to sleep with no food. A chicken would have been a feast for a family of four.

I'm hearing one of the hog plants has rigged up to help euthanize the hogs. they'll kill them and go straight onto a gravel conveyor belt to load the carcasses onto dump trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but, the chicken wing market has totally collapsed. And I'm pretty sure the nugget market is in very bad shape. This is what happens when you close all the restaraunts.
    I was going to get a bag of frozen wings 2 days ago but the price went from the regular $9 to $23. Ribs that used to be $2.99/lb. are 8.99 now.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    JFC bunny!

That was one hell of a segue from a food security article.

80% of beef packing is controlled by 4 corporations, hogs and chickens are worse. Plant closures are threatening the supply chain.

Hog euthanizing is starting this week, because the producers can't get the hogs to the people with the current system.

Used to be every town had a butcher that did cattle, hogs, sheep, etc. etc. Govt. regulation has shut down most all of them, or if they are still open, they only do one type of animal.

Country needs more small plants spread out, and need more folks with freezers to hold more than a weeks worth of food.
    lol. This place is such a Möbius strip of shit. “Chinese are bad for wet markets” loops in one thread repeatedly and in this it’s “the us needs local butchers that’ll slaughter anything without regulation”

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I was going to get a bag of frozen wings 2 days ago but the price went from the regular $9 to $23. Ribs that used to be $2.99/lb. are 8.99 now.
    I thought I was alone here, but groceries seem to be for sure more expensive. Maybe I'm just buying more for less trips?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I keep seeing the word euthanize

It doesn’t seem appropriate.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

More of a cull, really. Or perhaps liquidation, if you're nostalgic for the days of Soviet mass murder.

And yes, I agree that food prices, particularly meat, seem to have crept up lately. Glad I have 25-30 pounds worth in the freezer.

Government should be seizing any processing plants and supply lines that are destroying food. Use the NG to produce and distribute the food. Government wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I thought I was alone here, but groceries seem to be for sure more expensive. Maybe I'm just buying more for less trips?
    Nah when the meat processing plants in eastern PA went down our prices jumped. You're in Goshen right? You're even closer to the problem so are probably seeing it worse than I am for some things. I bet that with chicken processing going down now that's going to double pretty quick. I have some work to do in the kitchen then we are going to take a ride further upstate and find some farms that are selling retail now. I know a few but those are probably overwhelmed already because they have big signs on the main road, time to find the others methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    lol. This place is such a Möbius strip of shit. “Chinese are bad for wet markets” loops in one thread repeatedly and in this it’s “the us needs local butchers that’ll slaughter anything without regulation”

Over regulation was a power grab by the Corporations and unions to shut down the little guys. They can't afford to pay for the inspections.

Knew the wet market connection would be made at some point, but the irony is that we're darn close to point to needing it to keep people from going hungry.

Reality is i could have all my meat come from my neighbor's nice clean small shop, whom i've know for over 40 years. Our i can buy meat at the store that is processed by 3rd world immigrants or even processed in a 3rd world country.

More PC, than saying we're gonna shoot them in the fucking head and throw them in a mass grave.

Have heard they gas the pigs like Jews somehow sometimes, because it's cheaper than bullets.

Nah when the meat processing plants in eastern PA went down our prices jumped. You're in Goshen right? You're even closer to the problem so are probably seeing it worse than I am for some things. I bet that with chicken processing going down now that's going to double pretty quick. I have some work to do in the kitchen then we are going to take a ride further upstate and find some farms that are selling retail now. I know a few but those are probably overwhelmed already because they have big signs on the main road, time to find the others methinks.
    we have a few local places that sell meat, im going to start hitting them up more often to at least support the smaller local businesses/farms. Yeah Goshen. Glad I wasnt imagining things when seeing the bill at the register. I honestly never look. If I want chicken, I get chicken. Guess i should pay more attention to see whats what. ?

Yup I think having the local connections and relationships are going to be pretty important going forward. I'm working on my wife to let me turn the sunroom into a year round greenhouse. Fresh veggies and herbs all the time sounds pretty good to me to further reduce having to go to the supermarket every three days so we can eat well. I'm not sure where our new world is headed but these things seem like a good idea to me.

Snider brothers meats in SLC for the win

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I had a dream last night that I went to the airport and there was a COVID-10 checkpoint everyone had to go through in addition to normal security.

Agree, and I hesitated before typing it up there^^ but that's what the headline said so I just said fukkit and typed it.

Shit dude. Wings are still cheap as fuck around here. Plenty on the shelf, boosting bunny’s theory.