Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Jordan
    the nfl man of the years
    named for the sweetness
    for a damn good reason
    I got to hang and ski with jimmy huega
    so that's my 3
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Surprised he didn't come up in the most hated, but Laetner is in my top 3. Rounded out with Jordan and Grant Hill. No other reason than watching college b-ball with my dad are some of my favorite sports memories.

I happen to like most 30 for 30 and there is one called I hate Christian Laettner and I recall it being worth the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the nfl man of the years
    named for the sweetness
    for a damn good reason....
    This reminds me:

Two running backs that amazed me were: Barry Sanders and Bo. But, as a kid, I wanted to be Earl Campbell.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Hi, Sorry late to the party-

Best Uniforms:

NFL

Niners, Bears, KC- BMills, the new Browns uniforms are great, but white facemasks would be better.

Baseball:

Hate both teams but Dodgers and Cardinals

Worst- White Sox Navy/White turn of the century things from the late 70's- and the following softball inspired red white and blue with SOX on the front.

Favorite as a kid- Pirates 79 uniforms, mix and match 3 tops and bottoms, 2 hats, both the round throwback kind.

https://dutchbaseballhangout.wordpre...-from-the-70s/

NBA:

The City Warriors throwbacks, because that's where I grew up.

Knicks

As kid liked the Sonics- Jack Sickma with reverse pivot low post moves, DJ and Gus Williams in the back court.

Sixers too with Lloyd Free, Dr. J and Darrel Dawkins.

College Hoops:

Late 70's Marquette

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...aa-tournaments

NCAA Football:

UCLA, Michigan, Miami and Texas.

Hockey:

Leafs, Blackhawks, California Golden Seals- Dennis Maruk and white skates yo!

3 most hated:

Tim McCarver

Tom Brady

Tommy Lasorda, if I had a dollar for every time I yelled "get off the field you fat fuck" as kid at Candlestick-
    in truth he loved playing the villain and egged us on.

Honorable Mention: Jose Mourinho

Three Favorites:

Joe Montana

Valentino Rossi

Steven Gerrard

Honorable Mention: Ronnie Lott, in every dice based drinking game we played 42 meant you could hit anyone.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Wow man you caught up to the thread in ONE post. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit, I can't believe the Nature Boy has made an appearance.

We may have to have a General Sports Discussion on WWF this week.
    Yes! Monday discussion: favorite WWF superstars? Top 3?

Texas Tornando was one of my favorites when I was a kid. Anybody see the "Dark Side of the Ring" on the Von Erich family? Man they have endured some tragedy. 6 boys in the family. There is one left.

The worst uniforms have to go to the ‘76 White Sox. Shorts.
    Name:  whitesox-shorts1.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  94.9 KB

Brought when the team was owned by one of the more interesting guys in sports Bill Veeck. Lost a leg in WW2 (crushed by artillery), he had a peg leg with a built in ash tray. Last non-rich dude to buy a franchise, all kinds of hustle story’s about getting buts in seats,” Veeck as in wreck” is a fun old school book.

Going back to hated players, in the NBA thread a lot of people hated KD for being a beta and going to the Dubs. (I didn’t care - 3 chips and all). Anyway, for their edification, here’s a Dubs’ fan’s take on KD leaving (again, I didn’t care; all things come to an end. Dubs might be more fun if they’re not invincible)

From Dubs' subReddit:

"I was gonna comment something like this... he's SUCH a bum for leaving.. i don't understand how he doesnt see how many open shots he got because of steph and klay. or how he think Kyrie is gonna be better or even close to as good a teammate as Steph. he's such a fucking baby for letting the media and fans get all up in his head. so we love our own drafted boy more, so fucking what, you won two rings and two finals MVPs, that shit aint gonna happen in Brooklyn.

and what really kills me, is that squabble with Draymond at the end of the Clippers game.. bro, you were wrong. we've thrived for years by letting draymond push the ball and make a play. spring your ass up the floor and get into position and Dray probably hits you with the pass and game winning shot anyways. instead he clapped hard and whined like a kid who doesnt understand what team ball is.”

I LOVED the '17 squad and i'd take KD on any time any day, but man, how he didnt see what he had and was so willing to bounce over some nonsense, is wild to me."

michael jordan film on espn tonight

By popular demand Monday’s General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your favorite WWF Superstars

Tuesday’s General Sports Discussion topic is still open but I like the idea of biggest sports-related boner killer. More to come on that.

Look forward to seeing what y’all got tomorrow, BROTHER.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

Brought when the team was owned by one of the more interesting guys in sports Bill Veeck. Lost a leg in WW2 (crushed by artillery), he had a peg leg with a built in ash tray. Last non-rich dude to buy a franchise, all kinds of hustle story’s about getting buts in seats,” Veeck as in wreck” is a fun old school book.
    What in the actual fuck are those?

That is spectacular. That photo will never need a timestamp to identify when it's from.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    michael jordan film on espn tonight
    My wife was thinking that the ratings for it might be better than a Super Bowl since there are no sports on tv. Imma watch.

I went to a couple games at Comiskey when the Sox wore those uniforms and it was, as I recall, weekend afternoon games, and a hot summer day, and it was pretty cool actually.
    They’re still ugly.

Ya know, the Cubs have a pretty cool uniform. They haven’t change that little cubby bear to some agro looking mean baby grizzly or something stupid.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So why can’t golf and tennis continue?

Separation. Distance. No fans.

Fucking Wimbledon douchebag on TC just said it takes 5,000 people to do tennis.

Fuck that. Once the lawn is mowed and the lines are set.
    You need two players. And a net judge and line judges.
    All distancing.

Fuck the ball boys. Pros can pick up their own balls.

Same with golf. Even more so.
    Keep your distance. Tee off and putt.

Whatta the fuckaa
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Going back to hated players, in the NBA thread a lot of people hated KD for being a beta and going to the Dubs. (I didn’t care - 3 chips and all). Anyway, for their edification, here’s a Dubs’ fan’s take on KD leaving (again, I didn’t care; all things come to an end. Dubs might be more fun if they’re not invincible)

From Dubs' subReddit:

"I was gonna comment something like this... he's SUCH a bum for leaving.. i don't understand how he doesnt see how many open shots he got because of steph and klay. or how he think Kyrie is gonna be better or even close to as good a teammate as Steph. he's such a fucking baby for letting the media and fans get all up in his head. so we love our own drafted boy more, so fucking what, you won two rings and two finals MVPs, that shit aint gonna happen in Brooklyn.

and what really kills me, is that squabble with Draymond at the end of the Clippers game.. bro, you were wrong. we've thrived for years by letting draymond push the ball and make a play. spring your ass up the floor and get into position and Dray probably hits you with the pass and game winning shot anyways. instead he clapped hard and whined like a kid who doesnt understand what team ball is.”

I LOVED the '17 squad and i'd take KD on any time any day, but man, how he didnt see what he had and was so willing to bounce over some nonsense, is wild to me."

Oh yeah.
    Bill veeck.

Disco demolition was the best. Wish I had been there for the carnage.

. . .

The Last Dance is showing Blazers taking Sam Bowie in the 1984 NBA draft.

What's today's topic?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

wrestling superstars....

dusty rhodes

killer kolowski

these two.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What's today's topic?
    Sam Bowie vs. Brad Daugherty vs. Ralph Sampson

I know nothing about wrestling, but I have a wrestling story...sort of.

Some years ago I worked at an investment firm, and John Layfield came by and pitched us his new energy drink Mamajuana. Some shit to make you a sexual dynamo. I tell a PM at another firm who's a big WWE fan about the meeting, and he asks me if I can set up a dinner so he could meet Layfield.

I don't know this PM very well but he's a friend of a friend so I go ahead and set up a dinner for 3 at Cipriani's because Layfield liked the place. The night of the dinner I couldn't go for some reason and I really didn't want to go, but instead of cancelling, this guy and JBL go to dinner. When the check comes they both look at each other, so I get a call from the PM wanting to know who's supposed to be paying for dinner since Layfield was pitching his drink all night.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    By popular demand Monday’s General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your favorite WWF Superstars

Tuesday’s General Sports Discussion topic is still open but I like the idea of biggest sports-related boner killer. More to come on that.

Look forward to seeing what y’all got tomorrow, BROTHER.

Ice, I'd pay to see that 3 way title match.

For today's topic I give you the following for your consideration:

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SNAP INTO IT!

Man...today's topic... so many good ones:

Individuals: Ric Flair, Macho Man, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jesse Venture, Iron Sheik, Superfly Snuka, The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker, the list goes on and on...

Tag Teams: Road Warriors, British Bulldogs, Heart Foundation, Steiners, Freebirds

Managers: Bobby the Brain, Paul Heyman, Jimmy Hart, Jim Cornette.

Cue the guy who says "that's stupid." I get that it's staged and not "real." But if you can't recognize the athleticism and just be entertained by some of it...well: that's stupid.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

If you can't laugh at it was always my barometer.

What about Captain Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper? That's like the entire movie of Goonies wrapped up into one collaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I know nothing about wrestling, but I have a wrestling story...sort of.

Some years ago I worked at an investment firm, and John Layfield came by and pitched us his new energy drink Mamajuana. Some shit to make you a sexual dynamo. I tell a PM at another firm who's a big WWE fan about the meeting, and he asks me if I can set up a dinner so he could meet Layfield.

I don't know this PM very well but he's a friend of a friend so I go ahead and set up a dinner for 3 at Cipriani's because Layfield liked the place. The night of the dinner I couldn't go for some reason and I really didn't want to go, but instead of cancelling, this guy and JBL go to dinner. When the check comes they both look at each other, so I get a call from the PM wanting to know who's supposed to be paying for dinner since Layfield was pitching his drink all night.
    So did they dine and ditch?