Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    I was at the infamous failed tire F1 race at Indy. 4 buddies camping outside the entry, drinking like crazy. Enjoyed the Saturday qualifications and undercard races. Open fields to walk all around, it was amazing. Then we arrive on Sunday for the race and take our seats at the middle of turn 1, the crowd was electric and we were pumped. The cars take the parade lap and then 80% of the field pull into the pits. I think they started with 6 cars.

Pissed, but still a fun weekend.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Just heard this topic on local sports radio- the Fat Pool. Which pro athlete is most likely to have put on the Covid-19, or worse? Zion? Personally I’m afraid of what Rafy Devers comes back looking like.

Marshawn, maybe Panda
    I still call it The Jake.

Topic I as thinking about, so they had this highlight film of the 1970 Bruins on a couple days ago, and what a year Bobby Orr had. Norris Award (top defenseman) MVP. Playoff MVP. League scoring leader (first time a defenseman won the league scoring title), Stanley Cup Champion. Scores the series-winning OT goal in spectacular fashion. 22 years old. 1969-1970 NHL season.

I'm gonna say that's the best single season any North American professional athlete has ever had.

That’s pretty damned impressive.

Without any sort of deep dive research some other single season greats that come to mind are:

Tiger Woods’ 2000 season: 6 wins, 3 majors (and held the tiger slam with the 01 Masters), 8 T10s, led the Tour in money and scoring.

And maybe off the radar (and not North American) I’d also say Novak’s 2015 Tour: 3 Majors (reached finals in all 4), 6 Masters Titles (reaches 8 finals), ATP Finals Champ, 15 consecutive finals, 31 wins over T10 players, record prize money and of course, World Number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Topic I as thinking about, so they had this highlight film of the 1970 Bruins on a couple days ago, and what a year Bobby Orr had. Norris Award (top defenseman) MVP. Playoff MVP. League scoring leader (first time a defenseman won the league scoring title), Stanley Cup Champion. Scores the series-winning OT goal in spectacular fashion. 22 years old. 1969-1970 NHL season.

I'm gonna say that's the best single season any North American professional athlete has ever had.
    Pretty tough to beat that combination of personal and team achievements and iconic moment in a single season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

General Sports Discussion

Not a championship year or pedigree, but Pedro was so dominant in 2000. He went 18-6 with a 1.74 ERA in a year where the American League average ERA was 5.07 (good roidz back then). He was nearly two runs better than the pitcher with the second best ERA, Roger Clemens was second at 3.70. He also became the first starting pitcher in MLB history to have twice as many strikeouts (284) as hits allowed (128) in a season.

That year he held opposing batters to a .167 average, the lowest in MLB history. His .737 WHIP was also the greatest in baseball history.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Not a championship year or pedigree, but Pedro was so dominant in 2000. He went 18-6 with a 1.74 ERA in a year where the American League average ERA was 5.07 (good roidz back then). He was nearly two runs better than the pitcher with the second best ERA, Roger Clemens was second at 3.70. He also became the first starting pitcher in MLB history to have twice as many strikeouts (284) as hits allowed (128) in a season.

That year he held opposing batters to a .167 average, the lowest in MLB history. His .737 WHIP was also the greatest in baseball history.
    Crazy thing is you could make an equally strong argument for Pedro 99. What a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sports in Japan......

I went down the rabbit hole on Botaoshi a little bit if anyone's interested in what's going on there.

I really, really want to go to Japan.

Japan is fucking insane. On many levels.

We kids played capture the flag. But we never made it into a messed up adult game.
    . . .

Socially distant contact sports of the future.

Virtual ping pong
    1/4 mile lawn darts
    Next room over chess

watch out for snakes

Just a quick note to point out to Timber that B Mills was not biased on these unis.

Sorry to be late to the thread. Scrambling a bit these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In these unprecedented times sports talk radio has taken on some very interesting, and very important topics. Topics that I think maggots should weigh in on. Topics that are a perfect fit for the end of the bar sometime around 2am during the old normal. Feel free to post yours.

Today's topic:

Greatest (or your favorite) uniforms; open category:

Mine

70's Indians

^That's baseball how I grew up playing^ No gloves, guards and pads everywhere. Pants up and stirrup socks where they fucking belong.

I think I even had those same pumas.

Go...Joe...Charboneau
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Didn't read all 21 pages. Did you guys cover the topic greatest trash talk moments/stories?

Also, while I'll agree on best RB being Jim Brown, best that got hurt being Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders is the one that would do things that would just make you blink uncomprehendingly.

Watch the top 5 here. My goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Go...Joe...Charboneau
    I had some Joe C cards back in the day, but the one I never got was Joe Shlabotnik.

Seriously? I got a bunch of 'em dude..... Like one from each team he played on.

My pride and joy is my Sam Malone rookie card.... fuckin' thing is priceless.

Fucking jelly. Some guys have all the luck. Lemme hold that A’s one.

The incomparable Ichiro...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAlPWhfJrTM/

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    sick

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That’s.

AWESOME.

japan. like. you go there, and they have a different word. for EVERYTHING. crazy.
    "Can't you see..."