Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    imo John Daly is weirdly awesome, and not hateable at all.
    I agree. Not exactly a fan, but you've got to respect his dedication to being an unrepentant hillbilly.

Quote Originally Posted by P-ville Madman View Post
    This!!! I grew up in Canada and I think I was about 12 when I asked my dad if elb was a acronym for some French bullshit around expos league Le baseball. He still brings up that day and laughs his ass off!
    I still don't see how that's supposed to be the letter M. It seemed appropriate for the Expos, though.

Hmmmm most hated atheletes...

Ben Roethlisburger
    Albert Haynesworth
    Tie Domi
    Floyd Mayweather

and any "most-hated athelete" list would be incomplete without the #1, grade-A, biggest douchenozzle in sports history:
    Name:  gayrod2.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    imo John Daly is weirdly awesome, and not hateable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Agreed 100%. Would love to play a round of golf with the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree. Not exactly a fan, but you've got to respect his dedication to being an unrepentant hillbilly.
    Agreed, Daly not hateable and neither is JR Smith. Maybe there should be an "are you not entertained?" category.

In their place I'll add the hateable Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Manning & Tyree

Frank Reich overcoming 32pt deficit to win
    Ya. That comeback win hurt. Got to watch the whole thing on TV and feel the high and low as an Oilers fan.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Daly is one of those guys you pity for throwing away so much talent with his personal life garbage fire, but then you think you should actually honor the guy for achieving that much despite his personal life garbage fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Tim McCarver and Joe Buck together in the broadcast booth is the worst duo I can remember.
    Those two announcing Cards vs Giants 2014 NLCS sucked. Good thing Giants won so fuck those homers.

By the way, it’s been two days and I didn’t see anyone mention Colin Kaepernick.

Did I miss it or has he just become irrelevant? (Or both)

Years ago while at Jack’s tournament, The Memorial, on Sunday a buddy and I were standing on the tee at 14 about to watch Big JD tee off when a massive storm opened up.

Instead of going to the designated players safe house just behind the tee JD opted to go under the ropes of the house next door where there was a massive party going on with the requisite corporate-sponsor bar tent where JD proceeded to, I shit you not, slam 5-7 beers in the short rain delay.

The sirens go off giving the all clear and JD heads back to the tee, a downhill par 4 with a creek running across the fairway just before the green. He’s finishing his Marb light and grabs his 4 iron to a chorus of subtle boos. He looks around, smiles and pulls the big dog instead, now to raucous cheers.

He lines up, skips the practice swing, and fucking unloads on the ball, sending it OVER the green 364 yards away.

A twirl of the club, a smile to the gallery, now at jet engine decibels, and JD lights another grit and lumbers on down the fairway.

It was awesome.
    I still call it The Jake.

I hate golf but I love John Daly. Sports need people like him and John Kruk (spelling?). They're the everyman's athlete.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Are we on to Fridays topic now...your favorite athletes?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I hate golf but I love John Daly. Sports need people like him and John Kruk (spelling?). They're the everyman's athlete.
    You'd like Nick Swisher too.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

General Sports Discussion

David Wells belongs in that category. Pitched a perfect game.

bode

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Agreed, Daly not hateable... Maybe there should be an "are you not entertained?" category.
    Exactly! Daly has been known to provide plenty of entertainment at Hooters in Augusta during Maters Week

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I'll add the hateable _____________
    Todd Bertuzzi

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Not yet, but people were hating on JD and I thought my story both 1) refuted any hatred (yesterday's topic and therefore allowed) and b) provided an example of a crazy moment in sport (today's topic).

Looking forward though, I am open to ideas for tomorrow's topic.

Ok, I didn't want to jump the gun with my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Looking forward though, I am open to ideas for tomorrow's topic.
    no bicycles...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    no bicycles...
    Agreed.

There’s a thread for that.

Tommy Boy vs the Russian Bear. Considered to be one of the greatest matches in Olympic History.

First night in the the dorm I met John, I had a 12 pack and he had some shitty home grown. He was kinda full of himself, considering the coach had to red shirt him, since he wasn't good enough to make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Daly is one of those guys you pity for throwing away so much talent with his personal life garbage fire, but then you think you should actually honor the guy for achieving that much despite his personal life garbage fire.
    Years ago while at Jack’s tournament, The Memorial, on Sunday a buddy and I were standing on the tee at 14 about to watch Big JD tee off when a massive storm opened up.

Instead of going to the designated players safe house just behind the tee JD opted to go under the ropes of the house next door where there was a massive party going on with the requisite corporate-sponsor bar tent where JD proceeded to, I shit you not, slam 5-7 beers in the short rain delay.

The sirens go off giving the all clear and JD heads back to the tee, a downhill par 4 with a creek running across the fairway just before the green. He’s finishing his Marb light and grabs his 4 iron to a chorus of subtle boos. He looks around, smiles and pulls the big dog instead, now to raucous cheers.

He lines up, skips the practice swing, and fucking unloads on the ball, sending it OVER the green 364 yards away.

A twirl of the club, a smile to the gallery, now at jet engine decibels, and JD lights another grit and lumbers on down the fairway.

It was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I somehow missed this the first time around. Instantly made me think of Rex Dibble who once threw a ball at a fan in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Nick Swisher was such a bro.

And it's almost happy hour here in God's country so in honor of Timberridge, tomorrow's General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your top 3 favorite athletes.

Good luck.

Happy hour here starts as soon as I finish my daily workout. Sometimes it's 4:00pm, sometimes it's 10:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Happy hour here starts as soon as I finish my daily workout. Sometimes it's 4:00pm, sometimes it's 10:30am.
    Drinking and talking sports, it's really why this thread was created.

Fuckin-A. I guess I better get around to working out. There's a tart cherry berliner weisse with my name all over it in the fridge.

And it's almost happy hour here in God's country so in honor of Timberridge, tomorrow's General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your top 3 favorite athletes.

Good luck.
    I'm honored. Really.

Time to break out the Hennessy and a blunt and get working on my list.