Views:	61 
Size:	364.9 KB 
ID:	325985
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I wonder if that was his business card.
    I still call it The Jake.

Sports boner?

For me, the Bills over the past 4 decades. Failure seems to find them each season in some new fashion.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

This year's Oregon vs. Utah Pac-12 Championship Game.

In front of a national audience with the Pac-12 championship, Rose Bowl, a possible College Football Playoff spot on the line and the Utes uncharacteristically played horribly. It's not so much the loss as it is the way they played, Utah picked a bad week to have a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This year's Oregon vs. Utah Pac-12 Championship Game.

In front of a national audience with the Pac-12 championship, Rose Bowl, a possible College Football Playoff spot on the line and the Utes uncharacteristically played horribly. It's not so much the loss as it is the way they played, Utah picked a bad week to have a bad game.
    Fucking Pac12 has been eating it's own for years. At least the Ducks made up for it in the Rose Bowl.

Sports boner killers? I was a University of Michigan football season ticket holder during the Rich Rod and Brady Hoke years. What do I win?

Pitt football early/mid 90s in the Hackett/Majors 2.0 era was pretty bleak.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory describes the second half of too many VT football games of any significance.

#14 VT up 21-3 on unranked UGA at halftime of the 2006 Chick-Fil-A bowl? No problem. UGA scores 28 in the second half to win by 7.

#8 VT up 10-0 on #2 BC with three minutes left in the game the next year. Matty Ice marched the ball down the field twice in three minutes to win the game 10-14 and I stood in the pouring rain for three hours to watch it happen.

I'm sure Bmills will post both the drive and the fumble, but the Broncos counterpoint:

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I'm sure Bmills will post both the drive and the fumble, but the Broncos counterpoint:
    The Drive and The Fumble are all time boner killers, but for me the one that hurts the most is The Rain Delay. Home run off Chapman in the 9th to tie, get the next batter on and they were rallying. Then the fucking rain delay.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 04-21-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Bartman make it into this thread yet? Works for at least two: crazy and boner killer for cubbie fans. May work for punchable but not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Dick The Bulldog" Brower. I got a 250 mile ride when I was hitchhiking. Good conversation. Nice guy. Hung around when border patrol hassled me and got me to the Thruway.

Attachment 325979
    Wow, so cool. He probably would've smashed their faces off the turnbuckle if they didn't let you through.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Wow, so cool. He probably would've smashed their faces off the turnbuckle if they didn't let you through.
    Ha, no. IRL he struck me as an articulate regular family man making a living on the road in the days before steroids and big money. He could have said he was a well pump salesman and fit. The US Border patrol made me get out of the car in Niagara Falls. Probably thought I was a draft dodger. When I got back out onto the street after 15-20 min Bulldog pulled up and said "I knew they were just hassling you kid, you so I got myself a burger and a shake while I waited for you." Then he drove me across the city to the Thruway on ramp and I caught another ride.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Bartman make it into this thread yet? Works for at least two: crazy and boner killer for cubbie fans. May work for punchable but not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It was cool that the organization made it up to him..

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-da...o-cubs-family/

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It was cool that the organization made it up to him..

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-da...o-cubs-family/
    If Moises wasn't such a whiny bitch on the field, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    If Moises wasn't such a whiny bitch on the field, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.
    Right? And everyone forgets that the Cubs were up 3-2 in the Series and up 3-0 in the game after which they proceeded to give up 8 fucking runs. You telling me that some dork in the stands caused all that?

Yeah even as a cubs fan I never really understood the complete and utter hate. Although Chicago sports fans can be kinda "off"...

Tomorrow’s General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your single greatest sports experience ever. You, not yer boy’s. Unless you were there too. Then I guess that’s cool.

Prior topics are open game.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Tomorrow’s General Sports Discussion topic is:

Your single greatest sports experience ever. You, not yer boy’s. Unless you were there too. Then I guess that’s cool.

Prior topics are open game.
    ' got to ski with Phil Mahre at a clinic at Big Mountain in 2016 when he was keynote speaker for the Flathead Valley Educational Ski Foundation -
    ( the next day, he pacesetters in one of his 1980s slalom kits
    ( in a subsequent post, he said he is fifteen pounds lighter than his peak racing weight ) )

it was a thrill for a kid who used to watch the World Cup highlights on CBS Sports Saturday
    ( I still remember Steve's win in the 1982 World Championship ) ;

also -
    standing across the room while SSchmidt signed posters at Pierce's...

yup. skiJ

Boner Killers:

1990 NFC Championship Game, Roger Craig Fumbles, Giants drive for winning field goal. Joe Montana got knocked out the series before, and broke his hand when his facemask was driven into it while it was on the ground almost as bad as the Burt hit a few years before.

2002 World Series, Game 6, up 3-2, 5-0 lead in the 7th, didn't work out. Was sitting in my empty apartment in SF after breaking up with the girlfriendl

Superbowl XLVII, Niners 1st and goal at the end, 1 run and 3 passes to Crabtree. Uhmmmm, maybe Randy Moss gets a look?? Also forgot Niners came back from 28-6 deficit and the blackout. Just watched the highlights again, it was a great game. So maybe not boner killer.

2016 NBA Finals, Harrison Barnes, shot about 35%, missed all 5 open 3's in game 6. Could not make a shot in games 6 & 7. Boner Killer all the way.

2020 Super Bowl, last 8 minutes. No offense, cant stop Mahomes, full Super Bowl Boner to flaccid in 20 minutes. Maybe faster as the writing was on the wall pretty early.

2020 Super Bowl
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Boner Killers:

1990 NFC Championship Game, Roger Craig Fumbles, Giants drive for winning field goal. Joe Montana got knocked out the series before, and broke his hand when his facemask was driven into it while it was on the ground almost as bad as the Burt hit a few years before.

2002 World Series, Game 6, up 3-2, 5-0 lead in the 7th, didn't work out. Was sitting in my empty apartment in SF after breaking up with the girlfriendl

Superbowl XLVII, Niners 1st and goal at the end, 1 run and 3 passes to Crabtree. Uhmmmm, maybe Randy Moss gets a look?? Also forgot Niners came back from 28-6 deficit and the blackout. Just watched the highlights again, it was a great game. So maybe not boner killer.

2016 NBA Finals, Harrison Barnes, shot about 35%, missed all 5 open 3's in game 6. Could not make a shot in games 6 & 7. Boner Killer all the way.

2020 Super Bowl, last 8 minutes. No offense, cant stop Mahomes, full Super Bowl Boner to flaccid in 20 minutes. Maybe faster as the writing was on the wall pretty early.

2020 Super Bowl
    in a biography I recently read,
    Montana said while they were on the ground, on of the Giants broken his hand

( I believe he then missed the '91 season before being traded to KC...
    ( I liked him as much as any player in the 1980s ) )

OK. On today's topic. I had a ton of fun dong this in high school and college.

When I was 10 I wanted to be eveil Knievel, when I was 12-14 I was on the local skateboard team and went through the late 70s bust and thought. WTF do I do now? I woulda skied, but it was rural South Carolina. It snowed. once. So I started playing around with this brand of craziness for a while and it was just so much fun. Got completely obsessed for 5-6 years. Competed 2 yrs D1 until it was time to get serious about school mid eighties. So when the career was going good, mid-90s, I remembered how fun this was and started working out at Oglethorpe in the evenings, just messing around. within 6 months I was right at my PR.

This was the very infancy of the inner-net and things were still mostly done by snail mail. So I find out about a "masters" meet at U Tenn and I know Knoxville is a regional mecca for the event at the time. I don't know WTF a "master" is but opening height was something I could work with. The whole meet is really just an add-on to a vault competition. I mean, 30 or so are there with many national/world class vaulters. They ran three flights and I finished 2nd in the middle flight. Then the elites get to it and it was really cool. Lawrence Johnson was still at Tenn. and set an American record 19-7 1/2. I was standin trackside and it was just surreal. Like getting to jam with the stones. Or workout with the new England patriots when you have just a little skills. I mean, at the initial Reno vault summit the next year Tim Mack ('04 gold medal) spoke to ME. by name. OH MY GAWD.

in my top five days easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PV1.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	357.8 KB 
ID:	326100
    "Can't you see..."

Great picture, that's cool to watch. My kid runs winter track and watching the pole vaulters is fun.

I have a couple greatest moments if that's ok Bmills.

1) I won a Nastar gold at my local hill once.

2) In Little League, I got caught in a rundown between 2nd and 3rd. I could change direction very quickly as a kid and consequently made them throw like 3 times. The third time they threw the ball into the OF and I scored the winning run. The team I played for, Red Barn Burgers, would give us a free burger and a soda after every game we won. We were like 0-8 before that game so this was big.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I competed D-1 T+F at the Univ of Northern Iowa in the late '90s. As a decathlete, I got to practice pole vault quite a bit with our top vaulters who were going over 18'. Super fun times with those guys. One ended up being NCAA indoor champ.
    One of the coolest track meets I was ever in was at Drake University. It wasn't the relays but an early season outdoor meet called "Jim Duncan Invitational". I made the opening height of 6'0", then hit 6'2" and went out at 6'4". The funny thing was this meet had a collection of 5 top tier jumpers (two were UNI HJ's). Sitting by the pit and watching all 5 of them duke it out at heights over 7 feet was really cool.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I won the first motorcycle race I entered. 100cc class on a 1/4 mile oval. During the heat races to qualify for starting position I got pushed off the back end of the track, down an embankment and into the weeds. Lost a lap but finished. When we went out for the final, the starter signaled me to take the pole position in the first row. WTF? Guess I'd gotten back onto the track ahead of the leader after my trip into the boonies an the scorer missed it. Well, the flag dropped and I hung onto the inside lane for the 8 laps and finished 1st. When I went to collect my trophy they told me that there was a screwup and they didn't have the 1st place trophies. They offered give me $15 or I could collect my prize at the next meet. $15 was a chunk of change when I was working for $1.75/hr but I opted for the cup. I still have it.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.