Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Burn the stickers with fire.
    My ROL wheels had stealth black, (but still reflect), stickers as an option that I chose. Even my car has no stickers or badge.
    Just to reiterate, wider is generally better, since most people are going from a smaller width, but you can go too wide which leads to a separate problem. Anyway, the main thing to avoid is a light bulb shape with the tire/rim combo. I went back to 2.1 on my old set of narrower rims, and it rides better than the 2.4s because I can ride lower pressure and the tire doesn't fold over, etc.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I'm gonna give it one more kick, Dirt Components has handbuilt carbon wheels at not much more than alloy prices with their sale going on right now. If you're thinking in this direction at all hit them here https://www.dirtcomponents.com/clear...show=60&page=1
    The house brand hubs are a great value, honestly they really are, and at these prices it pays to grab one and hold on to it until you need it. I may not ride as hard as some but I beat these things up pretty good, especially on my e-mtb, and they have been faultless.

Sounds like a happy ending Jhyatt, always nice to spend some money and actually notice a difference.

GL, those are stoopid cheap. $365 shipped for a set, did I read that right?

For the handbuilt alloy wheelsets? Yes. Carbon is starting at $675/pr. I have over 400 miles on this set https://www.dirtcomponents.com/produ...lus-custom.htm on my 48 pound e-mtb and they've had the shit kicked out of them and only had to true the rear wheel once. I can't think of a better wheel value in the industry.

You can get Light Bicycle wheels for just a bit more than DirtComponents and they come with DT Swiss 350 hubs, not no-namers. I personally don't want to be 30 miles out in the backcountry or halfway through an endurance race and have my hub assplode.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You can get Light Bicycle wheels for just a bit more than DirtComponents and they come with DT Swiss 350 hubs, not no-namers. I personally don't want to be 30 miles out in the backcountry or halfway through an endurance race and have my hub assplode.
    They can be built with pretty much any hub you want but the real value is in that house brand hub. I've been riding them for 3 years and a couple thousand miles through every possible condition, the last 12 months on an e-mtb that weighs about 48 pounds and haven't had a single issue. Granted I may be smoother than you ... These are made by an industrial hub manufacturer in Taiwan, not any of the usual off brand suspects like Joytech or Novatec, they have 40% more surface area per pawl than most pawl system hubs out there on their leaf spring loaded 4 pawls that engage simultaneously and use Enduro bearings throughout. I have a couple of local cat 1's and pros riding these wheels and there hasn't been a single failure in 4 years, pretty solid track record if you ask me.

You can't compare the build quality to LB and the Enduro rated rims are far tougher than anything LB has to offer. You're also supporting a small 4 person company in TX not a factory owned Asian company which might make you feel better about a high dollar purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    They can be built with pretty much any hub you want but the real value is in that house brand hub. I've been riding them for 3 years and a couple thousand miles through every possible condition, the last 12 months on an e-mtb that weighs about 48 pounds and haven't had a single issue. Granted I may be smoother than you ... These are made by an industrial hub manufacturer in Taiwan, not any of the usual off brand suspects like Joytech or Novatec, they have 40% more surface area per pawl than most pawl system hubs out there on their leaf spring loaded 4 pawls that engage simultaneously and use Enduro bearings throughout. I have a couple of local cat 1's and pros riding these wheels and there hasn't been a single failure in 4 years, pretty solid track record if you ask me.

You can't compare the build quality to LB and the Enduro rated rims are far tougher than anything LB has to offer. You're also supporting a small 4 person company in TX not a factory owned Asian company which might make you feel better about a high dollar purchase.
    GL,

Are you connected to Dirt in some way? I'll be honest, after perusing the inventory I am very tempted to swap wheels from one of my current bikes to a set of those. My bike budget may be gone for the year but I will certainly consider Dirt for future wheel purchases.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I've been working with Pateick repping them here in the northeast since just after he started 5 years ago. I liked what he was up to and really enjoy working with the guy. He gets most things right and if there's ever a problem with a wheel he takes care of it properly. Ya know, good people and all that...