Need help finding replacement engineered flooring

I fooked up and got some water on my basement floor. Engineered wood. Seeped in and warped a few of the pieces. Trying to find replacement pieces but the floor is probably 20 years old at this point, Found a few remnants laying around my basement. Struggling to find more remnants and am turning to the collective. Pics below. basically 12" x 48" x 1/2"

Anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.32.22 PM.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	433.4 KB 
ID:	324782

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.32.37 PM.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	324783

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.32.48 PM.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	324784

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 12.33.11 PM.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	270.2 KB 
ID:	324785

Even if you were able to find the brand name and the pattern was still made I bet it wouldn't match because of light exposure, wear and cleaning chemicals. Best bet is probably to put the piece back in and pull a couch over it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Even if you were able to find the brand name and the pattern was still made I bet it wouldn't match because of light exposure, wear and cleaning chemicals. Best bet is probably to put the piece back in and pull a couch over it.
    Would love to, but it's in the middle of the hall. Good news is that the remnants that were tucked away in storage for years are still a perfect match. I can use those remnants, but I'd be short by ~10 boards.

even if the batch is a different color, finding the current mfr/product might be the best option for you...over time it will blend for the most part and you'll stop seeing it

carpet runner might also be a way to tie the room together

if the basement hall is a prominent place & you're motivated to get it perfect, there are specialty flooring guys that will do a spot match on hardwood & basically custom re-create the product -- $$$$$

Well maybe if you got in touch with somebody who sells a shit ton of it they could find some, Lumber Liquidators comes to mind, although I've heard they can be tough to deal with. Also, chances are, since it was installed 20 years ago, that it's Pergo. Maybe you could contact them directly and see if they recognize it.

Also, chances are, since it was installed 20 years ago, that it's Pergo. Maybe you could contact them directly and see if they recognize it.
    That's a good idea. Just sent them an email. Thanks.

Take it to a large flooring store and see if you they can match it up. You might also stagger in the replacement pieces randomly and see if it blends in better than having one large area that is new. You might try getting some large pipe clamps and sandwich between 2x12 cut to length for a few days to get close to true. Think about reverse rockering a pair of skis made out of shitty plywood.

I had this happen to less than year old flooring. Company was like, yea we can match that. Got the 2 boxes of replacements and it wasn’t even close to the color. Called them back and they were like, oh, yea. You actually need the same batch as the colors change every production run. You may want to check your insurance policy as if it isn’t match able they may pay for replacement of the whole floor.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I had this happen to less than year old flooring. Company was like, yea we can match that. Got the 2 boxes of replacements and it wasn’t even close to the color. Called them back and they were like, oh, yea. You actually need the same batch as the colors change every production run. You may want to check your insurance policy as if it isn’t match able they may pay for replacement of the whole floor.

Also a good idea. Back pocket.

You sure you got all the water/moisture out from under the panels? When we bathed out engineered floor in painter loosened water softener drain line flood, we pulled up all the obviously water damaged panels, but notice mold on visible edges of those remaining: started pulling up moldy panels, ended up with over 2/3rds of the panels being green and fuzzy. Complete replacement, and fired the painter.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post

Neufox - Insurance company is involved and agreed to cover. Now need to get the flooring guy on board with a full replacement rather than repair.

Ice - Pergo said it's their product, but they have no stock. No surprise there.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Ice - Pergo said it's their product, but they have no stock. No surprise there.
    figures. oh well.

Since insurance is in, I'm a huge fan of Vermont Plank Flooring, it's a really good product. I'm sure there's comparable products I don't know about but VPF is really good stuff. https://vermontplankflooring.com/wide-plank/engineered/

If you do go for VPF and you plan to be in the house a long time you can get a thicker wear layer for a price. Allows for multiple refinishes.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yep. Used to work at place that sold lots of high end floor coverings. Some of it engineered. Even brand new "same batch" would have several boxes that didn't match. Some of the clients would buy like 150% of their needed coverage, have the contractor pick through box by box before install and then throw away or occasionally give away the boards they didn't like. 'Merica!

figures. oh well.

Since insurance is in, I'm a huge fan of Vermont Plank Flooring, it's a really good product. I'm sure there's comparable products I don't know about but VPF is really good stuff. https://vermontplankflooring.com/wide-plank/engineered/

If you do go for VPF and you plan to be in the house a long time you can get a thicker wear layer for a price. Allows for multiple refinishes.
    Will check it. Thx.

so I posted that link up there ^^ a couple days ago, today I was on NYTimes .com and there at the bottom is an ad for Vermont Plank Flooring. Never seen an ad for them before in my life. Google truly watches all.

^in jeans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk