Dalbello Krypton Sizing

Was measured as a 29.5 in the shop and usually size down a size for a "performance fit" but I've heard the Kryptons run large. Should I size down two sizes? Or would that be overkill? How much are others sizing down?

Don’t know how much this helps but I normally wear an 8.5-9 street shoe and am in a 25.5 krypton.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

2 sizes? no way. I wore a 28.5 in the Lange RX low volume and it was too tight. I wear a 28.5 krypton and love the fit. my foot measures a 12.5 on the bannock scale

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    2 sizes? no way. I wore a 28.5 in the Lange RX low volume and it was too tight. I wear a 28.5 krypton and love the fit. my foot measures a 12.5 on the bannock scale
    See that's why I was wondering. I'm an 11.5 which is an 29.5, normal performance sizing would say to buy a 28.5. But if you're a 12.5 and wear a 28.5, I should go with a 27.5.

Your street shoe size doesn't mean much, other than being a general guideline. Plenty of people wear their street shoes too big, and the conversion charts are only approximate.

What matters is how your foot fits in the actual boot shell. Order one and have someone shell fit it (or do it yourself). An "average" fit (often a size smaller than the conversion charts suggest) is around 22-23 mm (if you measure exactly 27.5 and try a 27.5 mondopoint boot). A "performance" fit is generally 10 mm shorter.

In terms of length, I don't think Dalbello is especially long - typically in a given size, Lange will be slightly longer than average and current Atomic boots will be slightly shorter, but it is a question of a few millimeters.

So I am 10.5 in bike shoes and was 27.5 full tilt. Am 26.5 krypton AX That’s all I got

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Your street shoe size doesn't mean much, other than being a general guideline. Plenty of people wear their street shoes too big, and the conversion charts are only approximate.

What matters is how your foot fits in the actual boot shell. Order one and have someone shell fit it (or do it yourself). An "average" fit (often a size smaller than the conversion charts suggest) is around 22-23 mm (if you measure exactly 27.5 and try a 27.5 mondopoint boot). A "performance" fit is generally 10 mm shorter.

In terms of length, I don't think Dalbello is especially long - typically in a given size, Lange will be slightly longer than average and current Atomic boots will be slightly shorter, but it is a question of a few millimeters.
    Thanks for answers on my dozens of boot questions. So when I was trying on boots at Evo, the 28.5s felt pretty good across most brands so sounds like I should just order a 28.5 Krypton and see how that feels.

one size was loose, then you need the smaller size?

I measure 27.5, wear 26.5 (punched and fitted) in Krypton Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    one size was loose, then you need the smaller size?
    Haha correct. I'm buying without trying them on with the status of shops right now. So trying to give a best guess on what that size would be and hopefully avoid a return

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I measure 27.5, wear 26.5 (punched and fitted) in Krypton Pro.
    Same.
    Measure 27.5, skied Nordica 27.5s for years, bought 27.5 kryptons a few seasons ago and they were too roomy. Sized down to 26.5 the season after that and they’ve been money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a 10.5 street shoe most of the time (with one foot as always a bit longer than the other). Cycling shoes were 10.5 also until my last pair. which were narrower brand.

First years I had 28 (320 sole length) ski boots off the shelf and 2 punches done for width and were just too large. Moved down to 27.5 and 312 for the next pair and punches. Still had a bit of room and wanted to go to something around 310 or lower. My Krypton K2 are 26.5 and 307 sole length. Needed some grinding to mostly the usual spots on the sides of big toe, the 6th toe area behind the little toe. Length wise they were good off the shelf for shell length.

It's also not just front-to-back length that matters, it's also the shape of the toebox relative to the shape of your forefoot (super pointy, first toe-dominant feet are going to feel it on the big toe in many shells, whereas a more rounded forefoot that matches the interior shape of the toebox will absorb the pressure more equally on all toes), quality of footbed/mobility of arch equation, and ankle hold/cuff circumference (both can affect fore/aft movement in the boot).

Don’t recall if I mentioned it in your other thread, but I went down a shell size from my mondo measurement (foot measures 26.5, went with 25.5).

After 30 days and just a liner heat mold, anything outside of not skiing, my feet are miserable; standing, walking, waiting in lift lines, riding lift etc. Ankles, heel and curled toes are just about at their limit of pain tolerance, but a bit more manageable on warmer days. Once I start skiing though, everything’s fine but I can still feel the tight shell fit all around my foot. I’m hesitant to punch/grind and end up losing the performance feel so I’m just dealing with it.

If I end up getting Kryptons again in the future, I’d seriously consider not downsizing and staying with my measured mondo. I have a pretty large instep volume (but narrower width) that I think my feet will still be held securely in a 26.5. I could live without the super snug performance fit as I ski mostly off piste anyway.

Sounds like some are sizing down and some aren't. I'm just going to flip a coin and try to find a good deal with a return policy. Thanks for everyone's responses.

If I recall correctly, brundo's longer foot measures just a tad over 29.5. I would say the 28.5 is most likely the best call.

You never know until you try em on and ski them, but I'd take Greg's advice fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    If I recall correctly, brundo's longer foot measures just a tad over 29.5. I would say the 28.5 is most likely the best call.
    Good memory. I think it was 29.6

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My foot measures exactly 29.5 cm and I went with that size Krypton shell. Street shoes vary all over the place in sizing from 11.5 to 12.5 US to 45 to 46.5 Euro and I hate too much toe room or bruised nails. I required a couple small punches and a heat mold of the factory intuition wrap liners. I use a sole footbed with a good arch and have kind of flat feet. I can't imagine fitting into a smaller shell size. My boots are 8 years old and well broken in at this point and there is no slop FWIW.