Thread: PCL rehab

PCL rehab

After a couple weeks of "it'll get better just rest it" I finally went to Ortho and got scanned. Turns out I have a pretty high-grade PCL tear AND a high-grade MCL tear. I went to PT and the girl doesn't really know what to do with me: "Honestly, I've never seen one". She seems like the diligent type and sent me a novel of research articles, but I'm wondering what the recovery course looks like. Anybody else do a PCL? How long until you got back to pain-free normal? How did you get there? At this point I can't put my sock on in the morning without "hit in the balls, but in my knee" type pain. Also, got two Ortho opinions, both say no PCL surgery.

Classic case of needing my cbd cream. serially.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    After a couple weeks of "it'll get better just rest it" I finally went to Ortho and got scanned. Turns out I have a pretty high-grade PCL tear AND a high-grade MCL tear. I went to PT and the girl doesn't really know what to do with me: "Honestly, I've never seen one". She seems like the diligent type and sent me a novel of research articles, but I'm wondering what the recovery course looks like. Anybody else do a PCL? How long until you got back to pain-free normal? How did you get there? At this point I can't put my sock on in the morning without "hit in the balls, but in my knee" type pain. Also, got two Ortho opinions, both say no PCL surgery.

didn't see this until just now. I tore my PCL in September. Managed to not damage anything else in my knee. I didn't have surgery and was skiing by late Jan. My PT thought it was too early, but it was fine, I just stayed out of the moguls and didn't jump off of shit. I was going to the gym regularly by mid January, doing light lifting and cardio. by the end of Feb I was doing heavy lifting and skiing double blacks. I'd say it probably took until March or so before there was no pain or weirdness at all.