Worth trading in an older T2 for a T3 or TS?

I've had my T2 for close to 10 years and don't really know what the expected lifetime is on a beacon but it works fine (never used it in a rescue, knock on wood). That said, I know that BCA has a trade-in program where they discount you for a new beacon if you send back an older version.

Assuming the answer is yes, do folks have opinions on the Tracker 3 vs the S?

The Tracker 2 is no longer considered a solid option as far as I'm aware -- not only has technology improved quite a bit since those days (3 antennae instead of 2, much better search functionality...), but more importantly the Tracker 2 has emerged as having some significant failures and problems. I don't have links in front of me, but I bet you can find info without too much trouble.

I'd definitely get a new beacon, whether BCA or other brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    The Tracker 2 is no longer considered a solid option as far as I'm aware -- not only has technology improved quite a bit since those days (3 antennae instead of 2, much better search functionality...), but more importantly the Tracker 2 has emerged as having some significant failures and problems. I don't have links in front of me, but I bet you can find info without too much trouble.

I'd definitely get a new beacon, whether BCA or other brand.
    You may be thinking of the original tracker DTS, as the info above is incorrect. The Tracker 2 is a 3-antenna beacon, the only thing it lacks is some advanced search options that the Tracker 3 has. It's still a great option, extremely fast, and quite durable.

10 years is a good life for a beacon, so I'd probably trade it in...
    Drive slow, homie.

Trade it in and buy a Pieps instead.
    No kick turns
    No mercy