Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Important Covid-19 Treatment Information - By Medical Professionals, For Medical Prof

Important Covid-19 Treatment Information - By Medical Professionals, For Medical Professionals

This thread IS for:
    * Potentially lifesaving information authored by medical professionals, intended for medical professionals, about treatments, and potential treatments, for Covid-19 / "novel coronavirus" / "Wuhan Flu"

This thread is NOT for:
    * Speculative articles by non-professionals, or the otherwise non-involved in treatment
    * Political opinions
    * Personal opinions
    * Statistics
    * Arguments

Accordingly, I shouldn't have to add a disclaimer, because the only people in a position to act directly on these recommendations are medical professionals, but: I am not your doctor, and you are responsible for your own decisions to give or receive health care. Thank you.

===

First, here's the most comprehensive treatment plan and protocol for Covid-19 I've found so far, courtesy of Eastern Virginia Medical School.

https://www.evms.edu/covid-19/medica...ces/#covidcare
    Scroll down to the links marked:
    * Download the latest EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol developed by Dr. Paul Marik.
    * Download the one-page Marik COVID-19 Protocol Summary.
    and download them there. (I won't link them directly because they're continually being updated: go get the most recent versions yourself.)

There's a lot in here that you might not be doing or might not have considered...take a look! (If you believe you've found a better protocol, please post it in a reply.)

===

Next, for an exhaustive review of just about every potential therapy and treatment contingency:

Brigham and Women's Hospital COVID-19 Clinical Guidelines
    https://covidprotocols.org/

This is more of a reference than a guide. It would take hours to read through it! But it covers just about everything.

===

Qtc Cutoffs

UW Covid team is going to use Hydroxychloroquine for all patients warranting hospital admission. We came up with this quick and simple guideline for QTc cutoffs during treatment. Feel free to adapt and use if your hospital is using hydroxychloroquin for these pts. #COVID19
    https://twitter.com/ArunRSridhar/sta...822639104?s=20

Here's the image with the cutoffs in it:
    Name:  hcqQTccutoffs.jpg
Views: 7182
Size:  24.9 KB

===

However, in the standard Plaquenil/Z-pack combo therapy, the Qtc problem might not be the Plaquenil: it's more likely the azithromycin, which is known to cause heart problems. For patients who can't safely take azithromycin, doctors are recommending doxycycline:
    “Doxycycline is an anti-inflammatory with properties similar to azithromycin but without the safety concerns and without cardiac toxicity,” he said. “So I decided why not choose that?” added [Dr. Mohammed] Alam, a board-certified internist, who shared the results of an observational report consisting of 47 patients he treated.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/long-i...d-19-patients/

(Remember: "hydroxychloroquine" is nearly universally known as Plaquenil in the USA. It's a long-established generic that lupus and RA patients have been taking for 50+ years, not a dangerous and untested new drug.)

===

And here's an actual New York ER doctor treating Covid-19 patients every day, Dr. Cameron Kyle-Sidell, speaking about ventilator protocols:

Patients need OXYGEN NOT PRESSURE!!!

FROM NYC ICU: IS COVID REALLY ARDS?!!!

tl;dr We're treating Covid-19 like ARDS, and that's probably wrong. ARDS patients can't breathe for themselves, which is why they're on ventilators. The problem with Covid-19 patients isn't that they can't physically breathe, it's that their blood isn't properly oxygenating. So forcing more air into the lungs won't help much, and may even be causing lung damage. Use more oxygen and less pressure.

===

Here's another potential therapy: ivermectin.

The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66354220302011

This is an in vitro study, and I'm not aware of any in vivo studies as yet. If you've found any, let me know!

(Yes, ivermectin, the anti-headlice drug. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are also anti-parasitic drugs. Why do they work against Covid-19? I've seen some excellent articles, but they're speculative and don't really fit in this thread, which is for treatment protocols.)

===

I might add some links to the Plaquenil/Z-pack studies here later, and some scientific justification for Dr. Kyle-Sidell's views, but I know there are medical professionals who read this board and I wanted to get this important info out there right away. I hope it helps.

So - are you a medical professional?

I see hydraulic turtles.

One quick non medical question- where is Shelly Miscavige?

Ok, carry on all you medical professionals.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    One quick non medical question- where is Shelly Miscavige?

Ok, carry on all you medical professionals.
    Probably hanging out with Carole Baskin's ex husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Important Covid-19 Treatment Information - By Medical Professionals, For Medical Professionals

This thread IS for:
    * Potentially lifesaving information authored by medical professionals, intended for medical professionals, about treatments, and potential treatments, for Covid-19 / "novel coronavirus" / "Wuhan Flu"

This thread is NOT for:
    * Speculative articles by non-professionals, or the otherwise non-involved in treatment
    * Political opinions
    * Personal opinions
    * Statistics
    * Arguments

Accordingly, I shouldn't have to add a disclaimer, because the only people in a position to act directly on these recommendations are medical professionals, but: I am not your doctor, and you are responsible for your own decisions to give or receive health care. Thank you.

===

First, here's the most comprehensive treatment plan and protocol for Covid-19 I've found so far, courtesy of Eastern Virginia Medical School.

https://www.evms.edu/covid-19/medica...ces/#covidcare
    Scroll down to the links marked:
    * Download the latest EVMS Critical Care COVID-19 Protocol developed by Dr. Paul Marik.
    * Download the one-page Marik COVID-19 Protocol Summary.
    and download them there. (I won't link them directly because they're continually being updated: go get the most recent versions yourself.)

There's a lot in here that you might not be doing or might not have considered...take a look! (If you believe you've found a better protocol, please post it in a reply.)

===

Next, for an exhaustive review of just about every potential therapy and treatment contingency:

Brigham and Women's Hospital COVID-19 Clinical Guidelines
    https://covidprotocols.org/

This is more of a reference than a guide. It would take hours to read through it! But it covers just about everything.

===

Qtc Cutoffs

UW Covid team is going to use Hydroxychloroquine for all patients warranting hospital admission. We came up with this quick and simple guideline for QTc cutoffs during treatment. Feel free to adapt and use if your hospital is using hydroxychloroquin for these pts. #COVID19
    https://twitter.com/ArunRSridhar/sta...822639104?s=20

Here's the image with the cutoffs in it:
    Name:  hcqQTccutoffs.jpg
Views: 7182
Size:  24.9 KB

===

However, in the standard Plaquenil/Z-pack combo therapy, the Qtc problem might not be the Plaquenil: it's more likely the azithromycin, which is known to cause heart problems. For patients who can't safely take azithromycin, doctors are recommending doxycycline:
    “Doxycycline is an anti-inflammatory with properties similar to azithromycin but without the safety concerns and without cardiac toxicity,” he said. “So I decided why not choose that?” added [Dr. Mohammed] Alam, a board-certified internist, who shared the results of an observational report consisting of 47 patients he treated.
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/long-i...d-19-patients/

(Remember: "hydroxychloroquine" is nearly universally known as Plaquenil in the USA. It's a long-established generic that lupus and RA patients have been taking for 50+ years, not a dangerous and untested new drug.)

===

And here's an actual New York ER doctor treating Covid-19 patients every day, Dr. Cameron Kyle-Sidell, speaking about ventilator protocols:

Patients need OXYGEN NOT PRESSURE!!!

FROM NYC ICU: IS COVID REALLY ARDS?!!!

tl;dr We're treating Covid-19 like ARDS, and that's probably wrong. ARDS patients can't breathe for themselves, which is why they're on ventilators. The problem with Covid-19 patients isn't that they can't physically breathe, it's that their blood isn't properly oxygenating. So forcing more air into the lungs won't help much, and may even be causing lung damage. Use more oxygen and less pressure.

===

Here's another potential therapy: ivermectin.

The FDA-approved Drug Ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66354220302011

This is an in vitro study, and I'm not aware of any in vivo studies as yet. If you've found any, let me know!

(Yes, ivermectin, the anti-headlice drug. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are also anti-parasitic drugs. Why do they work against Covid-19? I've seen some excellent articles, but they're speculative and don't really fit in this thread, which is for treatment protocols.)

===

I might add some links to the Plaquenil/Z-pack studies here later, and some scientific justification for Dr. Kyle-Sidell's views, but I know there are medical professionals who read this board and I wanted to get this important info out there right away. I hope it helps.

Name:  875408DE-8BB6-4911-A4B3-1E6C77EC4E3E.jpeg
Views: 6994
Size:  73.9 KB

Beer bonging fish tank cleaning solution kills the 'Rona

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post

Name:  FC.jpg
Views: 6752
Size:  36.9 KB

FIFY

Thread is useless without instructions for alkaline water.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thread is useless without instructions for alkaline water.
    He took the formula with him to the grave unfortunately. I'm sure a bunch of hacks will try to recreate it, but it'll never be the original.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, 6 years of residency, and 1 year of fellowship--I could have avoided all of that if they had just invented the internet sooner.

I would point out that there are very significant disagreements between the EVMS and Brigham protocols.
    Last edited by old goat; 04-08-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Bleach inhibits the replication of SARS-COV-2 in vitro, in fact it kills it, so we should all start chugging bleach.

NO WE SHOULDN'T

What we should do is stop posting stupid internet shit and leave it to people with some actual medical and research credentials, or a social science degree.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    spats! stop posting stupid internet shit and leave it to people with some actual medical and research credentials.

fify

I'm not so sure the medical community comes to TGR for the latest Covid updates, Spats.

...or a social science degree.
    Batman is an anti-social scientist

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm not so sure the medical community comes to TGR for the latest Covid updates, Spats.
    I self medicate, does that count as medical community?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    You sound like you need a punch straight to the throat.
    Can you quit fucking quoting him?
    It’s not a gotcha moment when you quote him.
    It just makes a lot more scrolling.
    How about you just ignore him if he riles you up so much?
    Go post on some religious or political board.
    Who the fuck are you?
    Rideski - I'll save you the trouble of replying to everyone here who is calling spats out for his bullshit and just post your previous response here. You're welcome!

Dr. Spats,

Thank you so much for this lifesaving information. As a doctor that is currently treating patients for COVID-19, I was struggling to stay on top of current medical best practices. It was only last night that it occurred to me that I should check to see if any doctors are dispensing advice on various internet forums. After striking out at Pugski, I was so relieved to find your helpful advice. You are truly a leader in our field.

Sincerely,

Dr. Toboggan

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I self medicate, does that count as medical community?
    Hey, man. Yeah, you. Yeah. You. You wanna buy some Plaquenil? Is good shit, mang. You want?

Bleach inhibits the replication of SARS-COV-2 in vitro, in fact it kills it, so we should all start chugging bleach.

NO WE SHOULDN'T

What we should do is stop posting stupid internet shit and leave it to people with some actual medical and research credentials, or a social science degree.
    See everyone? My bachelor's in sociology isn't entirely lost. Chug fish tank cleaner anyway you can.

So you’re advocating for the complete destruction of the TGR forum community?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Take a cruise.

Tickets are super cheap now. And the virus is a hoax.
    . . .

Important Covid-19 Treatment Information - By Medical Professionals, For Medical Prof

Spats- How come you still aren’t going on about how we don’t need testing?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums