Please post your Navis Freebird Mounting Points

Apparently the Navis is -12.5, other Black Crows such as Corvus are -10.5, and -8.5.

Seems like people are putting them +1.0 to +2.5. Want to be able to drive the tips but previously had Praxis Freerides where mounted initially too far forward and got hooky tails.
    Last edited by telelebowski; 04-07-2020 at 03:30 PM.

I presume you're talking about the Navis Freebirds...

I purchased mine in 2017. On the line, 179s. I measure my rec line at -11.5 cm from true center.

I like them on the line. I tend to get along better with more traditional mount points.

It's weird, the Black Crows website says the rec mount is -9.

Yes, I meant Freebird. I went in to edit. Thanks. It is strange because literally everything I look at has something different, not only for the mounting points, but whether the lines are even correct, and then people moving front, back, every which way. This is not 'Nam, man. Everybody needs to be following the rules.
    This is our concern.

Also, where are you even finding that on the site? It must be staring me in the face.

So are we talking chord center. Ball of foot. Boot center. Or weighted balance point.

#telemarktips
    . . .

On the site there are a couple pictures of the skis, front, back, and in profile. On the lower of the 2 sets of pictures there are a few little triangles. If you click on them they’ll give you some more data including mount point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    On the site there are a couple pictures of the skis, front, back, and in profile. On the lower of the 2 sets of pictures there are a few little triangles. If you click on them they’ll give you some more data including mount point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Holy shit, there you go. Never would have figured that out. Owe you a beer.

So, according to the website, the latest is that the regular Navis that has a -12 mount, and the Navis Freebird is -9.
    The Camox is -6, and the Camox Freebird is -8.5. The Corvus is -8, and the Corvus Freebird is -10.

Clears things up.

It still looks like people like it best mounted +1-1.5, but am assuming that is from the -12 which is not like the others.

I have the 18-19 Navis Freebirds and I measured recommended at -11. I chatted with a black crows rep online and was told recommended was at -12.5. I ultimately ended up mounting on the line at what I believe to be -11 and have been pleased thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ver iz ze money LePowski? View Post
    I have the 18-19 Navis Freebirds and I measured recommended at -11. I chatted with a black crows rep online and was told recommended was at -12.5. I ultimately ended up mounting on the line at what I believe to be -11 and have been pleased thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is perfect information. Thank you. I had talked myself to a -10.5, think I will go with -11 now since I like traditional skis, and my biggest fear is hooky tails.

Also, being a nihilist looks exhausting.