Electric Razors.

Do they still ‘kinda’ suck?
    Getting tired of the traditional way. Tried electric 20 years ago, surely there has been some kind of improvement?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I’ll be using this for a Brazilian, and I will post pics.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Looking at the Braun series 9 9095. Anyone have one?

Careful, I posted pics of my boys and the mods took them down.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Lesbo 9000 is the one you need
    . . .

I suppose you could use one as a vibrator if you are brave enough.

I tried it about 10 years ago and have never looked back. I can't see myself standing in front of a mirror and shaving anymore. I have a short piece of highway on the way to work in the a.m. and little traffic, so I just shave on the way. One hand on the wheel. Unfortunately mine is on the fritz so I'm in the market for a new one. Curious about any recommendations. also.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Careful, I posted pics of my boys and the mods took them down.
    That’s because you didn’t meet the 2” minimum
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I recommend braun electric, have used them exclusively for years; although my growth is reasonably light compared to guys that will have a 5 oclock by 5 oclock.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

I switched maybe two years ago when my face suddenly became really sensitive to soap/shaving cream. Overall, i really like the electric razors. I've always had a hard time with them getting close enough on my neck, but I tried a rotary style Phillips Norelco this time and it seems to work a bit better for me than the foil style.

They seem to work best if you're using them every day. If I let myself get a couple of day scruff, then shave it off, I have trouble getting really close on the multidirectional hairs on my neck. I have to use the little trimmer attachment on them and then I can use the main rotary shaver again. Overall, though, I find them really convenient and that they give me a pretty good shave.

Braun has very expensive cutter head replacement costs.

I love my Panasonic ES-LT41 wet/dry. I don't need 5/6 cutting areas. High end Panasonic's had expensive parts too.

Do some googles and you see Panasonic in a lot of lists. I was using an ancient Remington foil

Cost for me is not *really* an issue if I can find a solution that doesn’t cut the shit out of my face every time I shave. I use three lotions and the best razors money can buy, and still I cut the hell out of myself. I have very thick facial hair, and (apparently) very sensitive skin. A tough combo.

Love my 15yo old Braun. Been wearing a full beard recently, otherwise I'd have bought a new Braun already.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Why would anyone bother shaving these days? I haven't shaved in over three weeks. I keep my cash and prizes groomed for comfort and staging, but that's about it these days.

Because it itches to all fuck, and gives me ingrowns.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Because it itches to all fuck, and gives me ingrowns.
    Stop showering. Then everything will itch and you won't notice.

Solid plan!

Used an electric most all my (shaving needed) life. Get a wet dry razor for the best cut. You can shave before shower or get out of the shower and shave right away without drying the face. Can even use shave cream if you have stiff hair or really sensitive skin. Plus cleaning it is easier when wet/dry as you can just run it under the water faucet if needed. Higher end wet dry have the cleaning tanks - Panasonic or Braun. Using a Braun now, but have had a few Panasonics also. Norelco has a few followers too- but the biggest advantage of the
    rotary is they are a bit faster to cover your full face, but they do not get close areas like foil can. You also want one with a flip out trimmer, or else have a separate trimmer model for stubborn areas and sideburns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Cost for me is not *really* an issue if I can find a solution that doesn’t cut the shit out of my face every time I shave. I use three lotions and the best razors money can buy, and still I cut the hell out of myself. I have very thick facial hair, and (apparently) very sensitive skin. A tough combo.
    Braun's were rated highest for thick hair/beards. My biggest beef with Braun is the cutter heads can cost up to $80, absurd. Just buy it at Costco, easy returns if you don't like it
    https://www.costco.com/braun-series-...CFylEvyrYRvKzQ

I have used a few and any of the top end models are adequate, and just that, adequate. In my expereince an electric will never come close to a proper blade shave. I use my electric daily, and blade a couple times a week...seems like a good compromise of convenience and a good, smooth face.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

When you say that you have used the best razors have you been using cartridge or a double edged safety razor? I had very similar issues to the ones you describe and found that a safety razor was so much better for my skin than expensive cartridge razors. It takes a bit of practice, but it’s worth it in my opinion.

^^^Especially if you learn to do a proper shave. Shave oild, a good diaper cream and a beaver brush makes for an incredible shave. Never did do the straight razor thing, but the above and a straight razor is supposed to be the ultimate shave.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot