Thread: Wooden Jumps

Wooden Jumps

Anyone have good plans for wooden jumps? For the groms....mostly.

I've built half a dozen mini ramps with landings by freeballing it, but wouldn't mind getting some better ideas. Moderate radius preferred. 4-5 foot height. maybe if the hospitals don't ever open again I'll be wasting my time/money as the wife isn't gonna let us get real serious until the covid-19 releases its hold

My usual method is to get a sheet of ply, eyeball a good radius lip., cut it then trace for the other said of the support. I usually end up having to go back for more wood/support/etc. Has to be some plans out there some mags have followed i.e. buy exactly this, take these steps

I'd like to do something like this but closer to 4 feet tall.

the thrasher article in this thread is pretty rad. Fig. 2 in the link shows a quarter pipe design that I haven't seen before and looks like it could be done on a more mellow kicker.

Freshpark's quarter pipes look like a good design to copy as far as radius, height, etc.: https://www.freshpark.com/products/q...rter-pipe.html

A few of the youtube bros build some. last one I can think of is Seth's Bike Hacks.. it is not 4' though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

That thrasher brings back memories... trying to build ramps in the back yard in the summer... waiting for your parents to get home so you could use the power saw! Those were good days dammit

Nothing of value to add here really but OP and ensuing comments led me to remember an amazingly fun summer of the Thrasher inspired summer that I built a sweet little ramp the led to very little radness but likely a concussion or two

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Corner store junkies giving advice

Wooden Jumps

Well, mostly freeballing it again. Pretty much just lined the three piece radius 2x4 design up by eyeballing it then copied measurements to other support side. Ghetto, but not plywood over logs ghetto.

This thing is gonna need some wheels to move it around as it’s gonna be heavy.

Deciding on width of slats before I finalize

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0477.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	324495

edit: can't get photos to work
    Last edited by klauss; 04-07-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Looking good!

Finished up the other day and just out here threatening the healthcare system

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0483.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	324494

Bad Ass. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to updates.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Awesome! Those look pretty solid, I wanna come over!