Another Kennedy tragedy

Let's hope this somehow turns out well

Robert F. Kennedy's granddaughter and her young son missing on Chesapeake Bay, family says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-f-kennedys-granddaughter-and-her-young-son-missing-on-chesapeake-bay-family-says-2020-04-03/

I saw earlier they gave up the search. That’s really awful, regardless of what family they’re from. I can’t imagine what must have been going through her brain when she realized the situation she put her kid in.
    Last edited by Brownski; 04-04-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Ok. Respect for the deceased.

But what in the holy fuck. In a canoe. In a windy fast current. To retrieve a ball? With no life jackets?

That’s almost as silly as playing football with a boda bag. On skis. In the woods.
    ===========

A statement from the Maryland Natural Resources Police, which is leading the investigation, said Friday that a "preliminary investigation revealed that the pair may have been paddling the canoe from a residence in Shady Side, MD out into the bay to retrieve a ball and were unable to paddle back to shore."

Anne Arundel Fire Captain Erik Kornmeyer said that, despite arriving within five minutes of the call, the fire dispatch was unable to reach the canoe. "Currents were pretty fast, they moved out of sight pretty quickly," he said, adding that conditions were "rough and windy" on Thursday night.

Boats and helicopters from the fire department, the City of Annapolis Fire Department, and the United States Coast Guard quickly began to search the bay, Kornmeyer said. Over two hours later, at 7 p.m., a canoe and paddle were found several miles from where Mckean and her son were first spotted.
    . . .

Family cursed as all fuck.

Shit, I know Herring Bay. I grew up sailing it, and my folks still have a boat in a marina there.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Shit, I know Herring Bay. I grew up sailing it, and my folks still have a boat in a marina there.
    Go for the groundscore (misnomer in this case) and throw it up on ebay. Profit, win.