PSA Praxis Custom Sale Live

Sale is now live with lots of new options and levels of customization

https://www.praxisskis.com/custom-order-skis/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I like how he reorganized the site, although the Easiest / More Difficult / Most Difficult custom levels causes a lot of extra clicking.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I like how he reorganized the site, although the Easiest / More Difficult / Most Difficult custom levels causes a lot of extra clicking.

... Thom
    I think that was to eliminate a lot of noob emails...
    ”so what do you think is the best ski for me?”

Quote Originally Posted by ALFONSO618 View Post
    I think that was to eliminate a lot of noob emails...
    ”so what do you think is the best ski for me?”
    I think he's gonna get a lot more questions, and poor Keith is gonna go nuts answering them. No good deed goes unpunished and all that

BTW, I didn't want to come off as a whiner. I think, for example, that he deserves to be paid $250 for a custom rocker/camber profile ("most difficult" upcharge + $150). The value is amazing, and the phone/email support he's looking at ain't gonna be fun for him.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-03-2020 at 02:01 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

PSA Praxis Custom Sale Live

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I think he's gonna get a lot more questions, and poor Keith is gonna go nuts answering them. No good deed goes unpunished and all that

BTW, I didn't want to come off as a whiner. I think, for example, that he deserves to be paid $250 for a custom rocker/camber profile ("most difficult" upcharge + $150). The value is amazing, and the phone/email support he's looking at ain't gonna be fun for him.

... Thom
    Haha agreed...hopefully his new approach will guide people prior to asking a million questions 🤷🏼

Yeah - he could had the custom skis priced accordingly and added an “advanced” button at the bottom of the order form that brings up additional options, each costing more $$$$

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Thanks goodness customs are still an option. His tone via email is that he is continuing to do this because of the demand by passionate skiers vs economic viability....

So everyone dig deep and support the guy!
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

What is the FRS listed under custom? Did that exist before??

edit - went to tech talk nvm

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    anyone know how long the custom sale is on?

Usually through April, sometimes longer (I think -- I have a crappy memory). But, while it's technically on, I don't think he's sent out an email and the site still says the custom sale menu is "under construction." So, my money says he'll soon finalize the site, send out an email, and provide an end date.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Usually through April, sometimes longer (I think -- I have a crappy memory). But, while it's technically on, I don't think he's sent out an email and the site still says the custom sale menu is "under construction." So, my money says he'll soon finalize the site, send out an email, and provide an end date.
    thank you sir! I've signed up for the mail. I've always admired from afar KOM's commitment to his craft. Probably no better time to help his crew out with an order. same goes for the other smaller indie manufacturers of course. My guess is the storm they are weathering now is unlike any other in their existence. Cash infusion now hopefully allows for them to keep wheels turning a bit through the summer.