Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Scarpa F1 strap buckle mod — max ROM

I got mine Tuesday and took them out yesterday and I'm super impressed. Quick and easy, just wish there were a quick way to release the power strap.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Glad to here these went out, and mine is probably sitting at my house now...unfortunately I am in Jackson. It would have been nice to use them on Yesterday's tour of Mavericks.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Received mine. Psyched. Thanks to all that made it happen.

Cool thanks

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Thanks for the feedback everyone and glad to hear the stoke!

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    I got mine Tuesday and took them out yesterday and I'm super impressed. Quick and easy, just wish there were a quick way to release the power strap.
    That sounds like a fun next development....

Toured Friday Saturday and Sunday with these on my f1s - pretty nice improvement. Did not find it too hard to rebuckle or unbuckle but I think like the poster below I do not run my straps very tight.

Hey All,

Checking in here to say thanks for the continued support, it's been great to see some traction on these. That's all thanks to you sharing and telling friends. RAD!

The crew at Wild Snow just finished up and shared their review of the Strap Off. I think they did a great job highlighting the benefits and the limitations. Awesome! Linky

Yeah thanks for the work with these. Still using the gen 2 on my f1lt and occasionally old pair of f1s. Much recommended. These and a modded lean lock chip made the f1s go from very meh to awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Climbers Right View Post
    Yeah thanks for the work with these. Still using the gen 2 on my f1lt and occasionally old pair of f1s. Much recommended. These and a modded lean lock chip made the f1s go from very meh to awesome.
    What's a modded lean lock chip?

Liking the strap off but I think the real solution is a wire or something like a regular bail instead of the strap. And a longer throw buckle.

I replaced the top velcro with a voile strap
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

The voile strap top strap is key.
    A longer throw lever would be ideal but i think there is a patent issue? This is as good of a work around I've encountered.

With the f1lt around I'd like to see the regular f1 get an XT model with 2 actual buckles or something. There is a gap in that 1300g ish range now IMO. The regular few just doesn't ski that much better than the Lt. Is it around purely for fit choices? Wider lasted f1 vs narrowish Lt?

The f1 had too much forward lean for me. I drilled out the lean lock and moved the pin to get it to roughly what my hawk xtd forward lean. Its down from the kinda wild 22 degrees or whatever it is normally. I did not like being that aggressive on a decently soft boot. The over the bars feeling at 135 lbs was kinda startling in mediocre snow.

When skinning do you just tuck the Velcro strap with the Strap Off under pant gaiters so they don’t flop around?

What’s so great about the Voile XL straps compared to normal Velcro power straps? Some elasticity like Boosters?

Quicker adjustments for me, some elasticity for the progressive feel light boots seem to lack, have some straps when your buddy's skin fail again

I tuck into the pant cuff and there's no flopping around then

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    When skinning do you just tuck the Velcro strap with the Strap Off under pant gaiters so they don’t flop around?

What’s so great about the Voile XL straps compared to normal Velcro power straps? Some elasticity like Boosters?
    Tuck into Pant cuff. Kind of annoying but not really.
    That review mentions that sometimes it's good to tighten the boot alittle on firm uphill. The ski strap is good for that. It's easy and cheap to try. Also the velcro wore out.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Tuck into Pant cuff. Kind of annoying but not really.
    That review mentions that sometimes it's good to tighten the boot alittle on firm uphill. The ski strap is good for that. It's easy and cheap to try. Also the velcro wore out.
    Agree. And along with extra straps in pack, makes excellent repair kit or injury splint. Btw the Black Diamond version of the Voile strap is my preferred option. It’s wider than the std Voile, and not ridiculously long as an uncut wide voile, and has closely spaced holes entire length.

I’m glad y’all like my little invention. If there’s interest, we can make another run with a round scallop that would work better with the other brands on the market that use a Velcro strap buckle.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Glad WS appreciated the humor, and the invention. Kudos Colin and Frorider.

From the wild snow review of the mtn summit:

But, the MTN Summit’s transition steps are similar to Scarpa’s F1 LT’s; my experience is they require a slight loosening of the 45mm velcro to optimize touring efficiency and mobility. I’m in the habit of cranking the 45mm velcro strap tight and then buckling to maximize stiffness before descending. So if I only throw the buckle open before skinning, the cuff is marginally tight; still, I need to loosen the velcro by a few inches. I may be an outlier, as again, I’m reefing on the 45mm strap.
    It’s the constant adjusting and revelcroing on the F1 that made me design the StrapOff in the first place. If you ski fat or stiff skis, you’re probably cranking that Velcro as tight as possible for the descent…which means the unbuckled setting is ok but not great for approach hiking or skinning….unless you readjust to a more relaxed Velcro length.

If it’s 15F and blowing snow everywhere, personally I’m not a fan of messing around readjusting Velcro. A simple detachable StrapOff is much easier in those situations. And you can still use the buckle in the Open position with the StrapOff attached if you’re desiring a moderate tension setting to hold the cuff together.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I may have just bought the last pair in stock from TTT. Hopefully, TTTCollin will make some more!

Following - would also cop a pair if restocked! Awesome mod

Interested in the hobbit foot narrow version if that ever happens

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Decent storms in Tahoe this week so I’m mentally transitioning into ski gear season (and already started modifying my newest AT boots lol). I’ll check in with Collin & we’ll figure out what we’re doing this season at StrapOff LLC.

I would also buy a set if restocked!

Yooo!! Winter has hit so I should probably start thinking about these again. Spent the summer working on some fun bike related projects...

It's true, the last pair has left the building. Pretty much I just need to get a reasonable read on demand to ensure I can put the money/time into another batch.
    If you'd help me with that by filling in this form that would be AWESOME

Also if any of you are shop rats or owners and think your shop might want to carry a few pairs I'd love to hear from you!

Here's the things I'm looking at.

1. Re-stock of existing StrapOff:
    I'd be siked to do another run but want to make sure there's sufficient interest to do a whole batch.

2. Smaller size StrapOff:
    Need to confirm interest here but my assumption is that there is a smaller demand. I want to give the people what they want, though, so I could do a smaller run without anodizing.

3. StrapOff Universal
    One thing I've heard from a number of people is that they are using this on other boots because they just like being able disconnect the power strap when taking boots on/off and not loose the fit. The current adapter works okay but most boots have a round interface with the strap. A round StrapOff would be way better.

I've got a design that I'd like to do some fit-checks on and if there's interest I could try and make a batch happen. I was hoping to do this one out of flat sheet+forming but it might also end up being CNC'd.

Here's the concept for the new "universal" adapter
    Name:  StrapOff Stamped v4.png
Views: 499
Size:  83.8 KB
    The Salomon MTN summit has a buckle like this for example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salomon.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	343.9 KB 
ID:	434087

Thanks Collin, form submitted.
    Interest in smaller strap off, as well as universal.
    Wewt!
    -Jacob

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, a quick update. Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey!

The next round is available for pre-order now! I’m expecting that these will ship by the end of the year.
    I also opened the pre-order for the smaller size buckles. These will take a little longer, shipment expected in mid-Jan.
    The universal didn’t get a ton of excitement so no schedule for this one but I may keep poking away at it.

Link to order

Thanks for the support and I’m all ears if you’ve got any other fun modification projects/ideas.

Ordered! Stoked. Big thanks to Colin, Fro, and everyone who helped develop & test. Awesome mod